TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789141924293439 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: King's Story (released on April, 8, 2010)

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    I think The Elusive One playing on Largo, needs a rope arrow.
    Yes, this is exactly where I am at. Help appreciated, I've been running around for an hour now looking for one.

Dainem
    Something is completely wrong!!!
    Besides your strange bugs, you've got things in wrong (and impossible) order. I'm not sure you should continue, it doesn't look like you are able to finish this way.
    Maybe you have 32-bit Windows 7 conflicting with NVScripts? Tell please if so (it looks very similar).
    thiefessa
    One of them is in the room #14 - check west window VERY carefully.

BANNED
    Aha! Very clever...
    Thank you.

@ Zontik: Yes, I am using Win 7 32 Bit. I reinstalled Thief 2 and now the ghost in the first misson disappears correctly. If I now restart the second mission can you tell me how I can figure out that now everything is working fine?

By the way: If anyone is interested in the real Schloss, you can visit this great page:

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/haupt...C2%B0-Rundgang

Just press "starten" and you can watch Neuschwanstein in 360

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Dragon View Post
    quakis:

spoiler:
    I spent an hour trying to rope down the dumbwaiter shaft, unsuccessfully. I'm not certain it's possible, except in a bodybag.

Try the spiral staircase north of the Lower Hall, instead. Yes, those glass doors are locked, but there's a key. Have you found and read the valet's message yet?

Took me a while to figure this one out.
    So it's in THAT section - I wish thinking elsewhere. I'll look around. Thanks.

Dainem
    Problem is even more serious as I thought. I'm afraid only Nameless Voice can solve it sooner or later making new version of script module.
    About your checking... I can't say about "EVERYTHING is right", but simple checking is possible close to the beginning: you shouldn't see that freak horse in the stable. If you still can see it, something is wrong. If you can't... maybe not everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    thiefessa
    One of them is in the room #14 - check west window VERY carefully.
    Sorry about forgetting the difficulty, but as Clearing guessed it is Largo. Thank you for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    Snakebite
    Allegro: tower key is in the room #20
    Moderato/Largo: look through the north door in the room #18
    I can see the key but still does not solve my problem. Tried to BJ the door on the other side but no use. I couldn't access the staircase. I think I need a bigger spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    I can see the key but still does not solve my problem. Tried to BJ the door on the other side but no use. I couldn't access the staircase. I think I need a bigger spoiler.
    I wonder if it's small enough to send a 'broad' range of items through the gaps.

Good news: my girlfriend also plays this mission but she doesnīt have my problems. I now copied her save games to my folder and it seems to work: the horses donīt [censored] and there are no more doppelgänger (even the King was minimum twice running around in my first attempt).

So, my new question:

spoiler:
    I captured the doctor, saw the sequence, went to the doctorīs room and got the document about the kingīs health. Whatīs next?

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    You can hit the key with an arrow, then go to the right hand side. Another door opened

Dainem, good news!
    Now start mouse hunting.
    spoiler:
    Don't understand verse puzzle literally, it's just a sequence.
    Remember where you've found it.
    Than look at the floor.
    And the most important thing: keep patience and don't hurry too much!

Found an easteregg. Nice. I'm looking for the code for the music riddle. Playing on expert.
    Last edited by fibanocci; 9th Apr 2010 at 10:22.

It's not a riddle, just code lock. So you will find the combination when the time comes.

Hmm need some help please.

spoiler:
    Playing on Allegro. I can't find the maul, could someone point me in the right direction. I have the passage key though.

Nevermind, figured it out.
    Last edited by shadows; 9th Apr 2010 at 10:34.

It's been a while since I've scratched my head so much over an FM, although I try to figure it out myself I still have some trouble. Add to the fact I'm trying to run around a building with NO knockouts so far, guess I can be a little impatient trying to avoid guards just to try out a locked door with no success (and I dont want to blackjack... will make it too easy!)

Since I keep forgetting, playing on LARGO/EXPERT.

I didn't take the crown, got new objectives. I have a candle key and Anger's Appartment key. Now I have no idea where to go, everytime I try a key on locked doors it does nothing and I have no clue where Anger's appartment is supposed to be. Or where the candle key can be used. Map isn't very useful either.

Edit: Ack! There's a door I kept missing! Found it.
    Last edited by quakis; 9th Apr 2010 at 11:07.

Finished! What an unbelievable work. Never thought DromEd could handle something huge.

Gonna play it right now on expert.

Btw: Didnīt you say there are multiple endings?

OK
    spoiler:
    I've gotten into Angers apartment and taken the lift down and got his 'Score' does this mean the wedding will now go ahead? I can't open the safe, though i've tried the two score sheets i have. So where do i go from here? A hint please.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
    Btw: Didnīt you say there are multiple endings?
    Yes

Hmm, need help with Anger's apartment on Largo:
    There is obviously a secret entrance in the bedroom, but i can't figure out how to open it? Please spoil me.
    Also in room with Crown:
    How do you pick the ark like chest? I can't see any visual indication on which pick is successful? Are you supposed to just use trial and error?

In mission 2, how is the King/doctor conversation suppose to be triggered?(playing on normal)
    I walk into the room and the guard attacks me, if I douse the torches first I can get in the room but then nothing happens. I noticed a secret door near the area but can't open it(looks like it goes behind the wall to the area where the king is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Elusive One View Post
    Hmm, need help with Anger's apartment on Largo:
    There is obviously a secret entrance in the bedroom, but i can't figure out how to open it? Please spoil me.
    Look for a switch (left side)
    Also in room with Crown:
    How do you pick the ark like chest? I can't see any visual indication on which pick is successful? Are you supposed to just use trial and error?
    You'll find a scroll near the attic which is helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Sxerks View Post
    In mission 2, how is the King/doctor conversation suppose to be triggered?(playing on normal)
    I walk into the room and the guard attacks me, if I douse the torches first I can get in the room but then nothing happens. I noticed a secret door near the area but can't open it(looks like it goes behind the wall to the area where the king is.
    Sxerks, I had the same problem:
    There is a book describing Valet and his blue belt with the key, you have to read it, and then the guard, doctor and valet disappear from that room, instead the Valet appears on the first floor, have to get a key from him, it's ok to knock him out

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
    By the way: If anyone is interested in the real Schloss, you can visit this great page:

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/haupt...C2%B0-Rundgang

Just press "starten" and you can watch Neuschwanstein in 360
    Thanks for the link, Dainem!
    Nice 3d panorama images

Any hints?

Largo/Expert;

Watched the cutscene with the music (Can Can) and Anger got angry and ran off. I took his baton but otherwise I have no idea where to head to next. Checked his room again, tried going to the throne room. Some guards are outside the doors on the 3rd floor, but its empty on the 4th. The only thing new I found was a hidden switch and some flares in the attic, but no ideas as to what it did. I'm really scratching my head a LOT with this one.

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789141924293439 ... LastLast