TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: King's Story (released on April, 8, 2010)

AH, thanks SneakyJack, that clears up my whole map dilemma. As far as your question goes:
    You know that spot in the airducts where you open up a vent cover and enter into a tall narrow chamber? Rope arrow to the bottom of it and crawl out of the window, and along the edge of the castle. Warning: getting onto the balcony here without the sound of your footsteps alerting everyone in the next room will make you rage quit Thief at least once.

Also, tinder box? I didn't find any tinder box....I did move a painting and flip a lever that seemed to do nothing in particular though.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    I did move a painting and flip a lever that seemed to do nothing in particular though.
    See on a painting. What you see? The books?

Thanks for that, I actually did figure it out right after posting (as usual).
    Unfortunately it just ultimately led to a bonus objective. Ah well...I still feel like a genius for solving that riddle in the library's secret area. I'm completely lost as far as what I'm actually suppose to do at this point. I read something about a stable key, should I have found that already at this point?

Sneaky Jack
    I've combed the attic area a half dozen times but still can't figure it out.
    I'm at the same spot as you. Go back to the side where you entered the attic, before jumping up the ramp to the spiders. Now go straight ahead to a grille at the end. Jump down, out the window etc etc. When you enter the performance room wait for a cutscene.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the first mission's one secret...speaking of which where is it?

Don't tell me it is before the camvator.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    Ah well...I still feel like a genius for solving that riddle in the library's secret area.
    Ok what is the answer anyone?
    And is there anything to do in the throne room. Just moved the 1 statue and canīt find anything else to do

Now it appears a body a KOed is getting found while I am upstairs and unable to move it.

Here are the location of my KOed bodies:

1. In the bathroom of one of the servants who lives in that hall adjacent to the dish-washing area of the kitchen. - Bathroom door is closed as is the servants bedroom door. ALL my KO's except for 2 are here.

2. A single guard is tucked deep into the shadow part under a spiral staircase

3. A single guard is in the bedroom of the Chamberlain. The door is closed behind him

4. A single guard in the machinery/generator room. Door closed of course.

So are these bodies safe or NOT? Tell me now so I can restore and clean things up.

Tell you what. I'd rather be forced to ghost because at least then your failure is immediate. Here it seems the intuition that bodies are safe if they are obscured from patrol routes is not good enough. Furthermore, scripted events spawn NPCs in ways you cannot predict. It's a recipe for disaster.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    Ok what is the answer anyone?
    And is there anything to do in the throne room. Just moved the 1 statue and canīt find anything else to do
    You need solve the puzzle there.
    Look at the floor.

Just had time to look at the start and will resume later. Looks good. Looks really good.

Can someone confirm how bright it should be at the start. Some months ( a year?) since I played Thief and this is a different monitor. It looks like daylight. I'm turning down the gamma so the rocks I'm walking over look very dark but can just see the texture. Is that about right? (I guess I ought to re-install an OM to calibrate.)

Stuck again (on Largo)! Yet again i'm running around all over the place without a clue as to where to go.
    I solved the throne room puzzle, mixed the mixture in the doctor's office and was told by Anger to come find him. But i can't find him anywhere?

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by The Elusive One View Post
    But i can't find him anywhere?
    You checked his apartments?

OK, reloaded OM to calibrate gamma. So the start here really is quite light.

Clearinghouse
    Last edited by clearing; 13th May 2015 at 23:49.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    Stuck in a different spot now - I've
    spoiler:
    swapped the score and now its time to watch the presentation. I've gotten into the attic area and got the tinderbox with flares or whatever you find in that room with the spiders and I can't figure out how to see the presentation without being noticed.
    I've combed the attic area a half dozen times but still can't figure it out.
    When you enter the attic area for the first time from the ceiling grate, to see the presentation, stay on that side of the attic. Walk to the end of this corridor to a grate into a tall-thin room and drop down. (You'll know if its the right one when you walk out of the curtains and see guards to the right outside the hall.) Inside this small room is a window that can be opened, with a thin ledge leading to a balcony. Get over there and enter the doorway, and a cutscene will take place.

Edit: Ack! Didn't see there was another page. Nevermind.

Tell you what. I'd rather be forced to ghost because at least then your failure is immediate. Here it seems the intuition that bodies are safe if they are obscured from patrol routes is not good enough. Furthermore, scripted events spawn NPCs in ways you cannot predict. It's a recipe for disaster.
    This was my first reaction when I saw the objective, though at the time I didn't know NPCs would spawn in places I can't predict. Luckily I haven't had to blackjack anyone. Well... I wish I could crack Garrett's skull sometimes when he won't mantle/climb properly...
    Last edited by quakis; 10th Apr 2010 at 05:07.

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    Now it appears a body a KOed is getting found while I am upstairs and unable to move it.

Here are the location of my KOed bodies:
    3. A single guard is in the bedroom of the Chamberlain. The door is closed behind him

4. A single guard in the machinery/generator room. Door closed of course.

So are these bodies safe or NOT? Tell me now so I can restore and clean things up.
    These are probably your culprits.

4: You could move upstairs in the shadows.

Edit:
    And has anyone found the rainbow on mission 1? It's not an egg.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    You checked his apartments?
    Off course, that was the first place i checked, but there is no one there.

@ Elusive one:
    spoiler:
    Do you have used the music code in the secret room at angerīs place? There you have to put the mixture into the metallic form, than put the record into the gramophone and play it with angerīs baton.

Off course, that was the first place i checked, but there is no one there.
    Do you have three scrolls of music with letters on it? 1 in 3 change of finding it right.

Well, this is really embarrassing and frustrating. I've spent a long time right at the start - and re-starting - but cannot find the path. Every way I go I get objective failed so I am forced to head mainly east. Fairly sure this is the way because mostly I cannot go back.

I have found the moss at the top of the peak so I am aware there may be vines to look for but this was the only one I found.

I have been mainly heading east and reached a short stumpy tree. Go left is a big drop. Objective failed. Go right is a big drop. Objective failed. Go forward seems the way - a deep V shaped gulley with ahead a tree fallen across and two big rocks above. Objective failed. Just before that in the stumpy tree area I try to climb every rock face but no success. I cannot go back. I cannot climb the tree. Sometimes I think I hear a creature.

Playing on Largo. Maybe I shouldn't?

Thread search doesn't seem to work and anyway, everyone else seemed to have zoomed ahead no problem so I am just seeing spoilers for later.

Any help appreciated.

Just started the first mission.
    Great design so far, lovely scenery, liked the change of weather and rainbow, playing it on Largo obviously, I hope it's hard as people mentioned and judging by previous missions of Zontik it most probably is - already seem to stuck a little in a cave with dripping water

Fidcal, you should climb a sloping hillside not far from the start, beyond the peak with the moss arrows, you'll see an apparition there (or was it something real?).

@Fidcal

242 is right - you need to climb the steep incline to your right (with a glowing mushroom at the top) if I understand where you are, near the V-shape gorge and the 2 rocks above - might need to mantle to start the climb!

@ Iceblade

Secret in Mission 1 is after the camvator sequence. It involves some climbing in the torchlit approach to the castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
    @ Elusive one:
    spoiler:
    Do you have used the music code in the secret room at angerīs place? There you have to put the mixture into the metallic form, than put the record into the gramophone and play it with angerīs baton.
    Thank you but i have a slight problem with that:
    I have no record. So where do i find it?

Sagitall: Thanks - I had just found a tiny angle right at the corner myself just after posting. I'd already tried that several times and failed to mantle and the target did not look very promising so I had given up on that previously. But that general direction seemed to be the way to go so I tried again. That is a bit tough right at the start but maybe I'm a bit rusty on Thiefy mantling.

Record Location on Largo

Thank you but i have a slight problem with that:
    I have no record. So where do i find it?

The record was in the small dressing room (not numbered), or a room close by IIRC off room 25 - lodged in the corner of a painting - on Largo that is.

I don't have the mixture I need. I've got the scorched recipe but not sure about the method/ingredients - green grotto water and the lupine tincture Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by Sagittal; 15th Apr 2010 at 08:59.

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast