TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: King's Story (released on April, 8, 2010)

@ sagittal:
    spoiler:
    Have you been in the throne room and solved the mouse puzzle? There you find the grotto water which you can use in the doctorīs room to create the mixture.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    The record was in the small dressing room (not numbered), or a room close by IIRC off room 25 - lodged in the corner of a painting - on Largo that is.
    Thanks, that one was easy to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
    @ sagittal:
    spoiler:
    Have you been in the throne room and solved the mouse puzzle? There you find the grotto water which you can use in the doctorīs room to create the mixture.

Thanks Dainem - went back to the Throne Hall and somehow worked out the puzzle! Am on my way again

Incidentally been carrying around those ballet shoes for some time - only just realised I could wear them to deaden the footsteps - not too sure Garrett should be admitting this really

Edit: Sorry last comment has nothing to do with Throne Hall puzzle - just had to mention it!
    Last edited by Sagittal; 10th Apr 2010 at 08:38.

Two questions;

1: Is there a way back up to the upper floor in the throne room? Once I drop down, I'd have to deal/run from the guards when I want out.

2: The Throne room puzzle. Any hint where to start/look for? As I mentioned before, I know you can move a statue's pose... otherwise?

Yes! Finally done! But with only 2 of 13 secrets.... Must admit i'm too tired of this mission to begin searching for them. In my honest opinion this mission started out being great fun, but it ended up being a chore and i don't want to see this bloody castle again for quite a while.

I am stuck. I have climed the mountain after less than 1 minute of gameplay found the king standing on a rock blackjaked him but i can't take the crown.

Is this a bug?

@ quakis:
    spoiler:

1. No idea.
    2. Did you read the verse? Look on the floor of the throne room, then stand on the first animal and wait for some seconds.

@ Kin:
    I guess you use Win 7 32 Bit because you have the same bug as me. Normaly the ghost should disappear. Unfortunatelly the NVScripts donīt work well. This means you canīt solve the mission. Two possible solutions: first, start thief2.exe in Win XP SP3 compatibility mode, or second: reinstall Thief 2. Reinstalling Thief 2 worked for me.

Dainem

Quote Originally Posted by quakis View Post
    2: The Throne room puzzle. Any hint where to start/look for? As I mentioned before, I know you can move a statue's pose... otherwise?
    Either go for a bath or look in the throne room for a room with a view.

Quote Originally Posted by The Elusive One View Post
    Yes! Finally done! But with only 2 of 13 secrets....
    There are some rather creative ones, I can guarantee that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    I am stuck. I have climed the mountain after less than 1 minute of gameplay found the king standing on a rock blackjaked him but i can't take the crown.Is this a bug?
    You should not be able to do that. The king's apparition was supposed to appear then disappear. Are you using Windows 7 32 Bit?

Quote Originally Posted by quakis View Post
    Two questions;

You need to find a verse about a mouse etc and "follow" the sequence in the Throne Hall. Afraid I cant remember where I found it. Maybe the statue just activates the puzzle??

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by The Elusive One View Post
    Yes! Finally done! But with only 2 of 13 secrets....
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    There are some rather creative ones, I can guarantee that.
    Possible other endings.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    @ Kin:
    I guess you use Win 7 32 Bit because you have the same bug as me. Normaly the ghost should disappear. Unfortunatelly the NVScripts donīt work well. This means you canīt solve the mission. Two possible solutions: first, start thief2.exe in Win XP SP3 compatibility mode, or second: reinstall Thief 2. Reinstalling Thief 2 worked for me.

Dainem
    Dainem, I suspect that reinstalling may only be a temporary fix. I recommend trying the compatibility fix if the problem returns. In fact, it would help us if you both tried enabling XP compatibility and restarting this mission to see if it fixes the ghost problem. I just reported in the Off The Record thread that it's the only thing that has worked for ccvortex in making that mission work properly on Win7 32. Knowing if it works for you, and Kin, would add more data to our hypothesis.

@ Yandos: My only problem is now that there is NO more problem. The Ghost disappears correctly. Therefore I canīt tell you if the compatibility mode works. Maybe/perhaps you can tell me how to reproduce this bug so that I can test it again.

Dainem

I can't resist a comment or two for this thread. Just loved Kin's post above http://www.ttlg.com/forums/images%5C...%5Cbiggrin.gif if only!- which got me thinking that some of the recent FMs have become really tricky and this can detract from the wonderful experience of playing thief. This is the most polite and friendly forum I know of, so when some of us are saying we are struggling and lost, that is like the English being slightly peeved or miffed. The reality is pathological frustration and foaming at the mouth!

I am not a stupid person and I really want to finish this FM. BUT, I am stuck and the will to live has drained out through the door. How do I get out of the King's chamber area? (playing Moderato). I have got into the spiral staircase, can see the valet with his key through a door, but cannot get onto that floor. HELP!

I tried what has been suggested, but other than a blue mouse appearing above the picture and some 'pressure' sounds on the other mentioned animals (boar, fox, dog, wolf) I still can't figure this out. Someone please spoil me the exact solution.

@ quakis:
    spoiler:
    Stand on the floor with the mouse symbol. A spooky mouse should float in the air. After this stand on the next animal symbol (gazelle). Another animal symbol should appear. Than the next animal etc. After every 7 animals are appearing, the left side of the altar opens, and you can get the grotto water.

@Imhotep: could you give some more information? Because I donīt really knwo where you are stuck. Have you seen any in-game-videos? What keys do you have?

Edit: I think I got it:

spoiler:
    go to the north spiral stair case. There you should see a blocked door an the right side. There is a key in the keyhole. You must shoot the key with an arrow to get the door opened.

Eh, first time I've heard the name 'gazelle' for an animal. Guess I know where my problem lies.

@ quakis:

Look out for this great animal:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gazelle

@ quakis:
    spoiler:
    Stand on the floor with the mouse symbol. A spooky mouse should float in the air. After this stand on the next animal symbol (gazelle). Another animal symbol should appear. Than the next animal etc. After every 7 animals are appearing, the left side of the altar opens, and you can get the grotto water.

@Imhotep: could you give some more information? Because I donīt really knwo where you are stuck. Have you seen any in-game-videos? What keys do you have?
    Thanks. I have the key that lets me into the elevator area and the key to Anger's appartments. There was no cutscene when I saw the king, the doctor and a guard in a room (and I did read the book about the valet). The doctor came looking for me but never saw me which meant that I could use him to open doors around the area for me. That's when i heard the story about the friendly king and got the remit to seek out Anger. The FM has been a bit buggy for me, but what am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
    I can't resist a comment or two for this thread. Just loved Kin's post above http://www.ttlg.com/forums/images%5C...%5Cbiggrin.gif if only!- which got me thinking that some of the recent FMs have become really tricky and this can detract from the wonderful experience of playing thief. This is the most polite and friendly forum I know of, so when some of us are saying we are struggling and lost, that is like the English being slightly peeved or miffed. The reality is pathological frustration and foaming at the mouth!

I am not a stupid person and I really want to finish this FM. BUT, I am stuck and the will to live has drained out through the door. How do I get out of the King's chamber area? (playing Moderato). I have got into the spiral staircase, can see the valet with his key through a door, but cannot get onto that floor. HELP!
    Yeah, I dont think Kin's post was meant as light relief but it was very welcome from my viewpoint. What a mission set - but the complexity certainly ups the frustration levels !

Getting into the spiral staircase having shot the key didn't seem to get me anywhere. I think I went down the other spiral staircase and banged on the door (the one that's opposite the dumbwaiter) and the Valet appeared having unlocked th door so I could then blackjack him .

@ quakis:
    spoiler:

Edit: I think I got it:

spoiler:
    go to the north spiral stair case. There you should see a blocked door an the right side. There is a key in the keyhole. You must shoot the key with an arrow to get the door opened.
    I have shot the key and opened the door, but I cannot get back into the house from this staircase. I am guessing I am missing a key?

@ Imhotep: Did you take the key you shot? As far as I remember it should be the towerkey which opens all the tower doors.

Btw: is it possible on Largo to collect all the money if you have taken the crown and must leave?

Clearinghouse
    Imhotep, have you found a secret (a switch on the ceiling) in a small corridor between main tower and Aide's room (3d floor)?
    Last edited by clearing; 10th Apr 2010 at 09:49.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Imhotep, have you found a secret (a switch on the ceiling) in a small corridor between main tower and Aide's room (3d floor)?
    Thanks Clearing and Dainem. I am out into the house after that Valet! I frobbed a switch in the little corridoor, but not sure what it did yet. Picked up the key I shot (I'm a numpty for not doing that in the first case) - Also, I went back quite a few saves as I realised that by allowing the doctor to open doors for me I have jumped too far ahead in the game. Deleriously happy now for at least a few moments!

No problem, Imhotep.

@ clearing: Are there more than two endings? (Steal or not to steal the crown?)

Clearinghouse
    Are there more than two endings? (Steal or not to steal the crown?)
    I remember 8 possible endings

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast