TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823283338 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: King's Story (released on April, 8, 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    I remember 8 possible endings
    We REALLY need an official walkthrough, dude. Iīve played this mission for more than 10 hours but I have absolutely no clue what to do to change the ending.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
    We REALLY need an official walkthrough, dude. Iīve played this mission for more than 10 hours but I have absolutely no clue what to do to change the ending.
    Don't forget Easter Eggs

Zontik, ты мастер

I've been considering compiling together a walkthrough after I've completed this one myself, just enough information for people to get further into the story with screenshots and more detailed maps. Maybe even an item list + location as a spoiler-free reference too.

Doubt I'd be able to write up an indepth one though including all the secrets/bonus objectives/eastereggs and endings. Probably where an official walkthrough could come in handy I suppose. I'll probably do it anyway (once I finished the Calendra Legacy Mission 2 videos)

I have seen an easteregg in Angerīs room but this must have been a bug. How can I get it?

Clearinghouse
    Be patient for walkthroughs.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Either go for a bath or look in the throne room for a room with a view.

There are some rather creative ones, I can guarantee that.

You should not be able to do that. The king's apparition was supposed to appear then disappear. Are you using Windows 7 32 Bit?

Vista 32bit

Be patient for walkthroughs.
    I'm afraid my will to finish this mission will prevent patience. The frustration level is so high that no matter how visually striking the mission it just doesn't feel worth it at this point. Its like many of the gameplay decisions were made to frustrate, and its a shame. Not all of us are so jaded by thief's difficulty that we need a white-knuckle neck hair raising experience in order to have fun, thats for sure. Those of you who tested this - I really don't understand how it wasn't mentioned along the way that even on the lowest difficulty it is extremely frustrating, linear but without much explanation (leading to many lost hours of running around with thumb in ass looking for what to do next) and like a poster said previously - I'm just getting sick of this mission and probably won't play it again any time soon, which disappointments me because there is alot to see and do.

A mission this complex with EIGHT?!? possible endings and more than a dozen secrets with no walkthrough on release? Come on. Thats just begging for people to give up on it or not enjoy it to its fullest potential. If someone has worked four years and created a mission masterpiece like this looks to be - they can spend another 20 minutes to write a nice guide for it. What happens if TTLG ever goes away with no walkthrough included in the zip? People play five minutes of the second mission, get stuck and never play it again most likely.

And Mike, you weren't kidding about that balcony. I failed every time I went out there and it told me I failed the 'leaving the castle' objective so I figured that couldn't possibly be the right route. I don't know if I even have the willpower to load the mission back up to fail some more. I'm pretty sure this mission is more complex than any previous mission before it if you factor in the keyhunt, instant fail objectives, people moving after each event, cutscenes, complicated puzzles and so on.

Stuck again and forum search is broken as well as thread search. Just hangs.

Largo difficulty. Part 1. Still in mountains.

Just after the waterfall I find a way up. I'm channelled to a long jump to cave but there is a tree in the way. I have no rope arrow and cannot make the jump nor anywhere near it. I doubt I could do it even if there were no tree. The only rope I had I had to use and I could not retrieve it.

Behind the waterfall I thought I saw a recess but was unable to reach it against the current. Maybe a rope there? Also found a door and room (werewolf's?) but found nothing in it of use. Did I miss something?

Well, I managed to complete it. Didn't want to give up and finally did it... Now I need a break!

Quote Originally Posted by Fidcal View Post
    Stuck again
    In that room you mention, there should be a sword. Take it and hit the tree with it. It should knock it over and act as a bridge.

@ Fidcal:
    spoiler:
    Swim along the sea. You will find a little house. Inside you can grab a sword. You need the sword to kill the tree.

Btw: Why are so many of you playng this mission on expert while playing it for the first time? This mission is sooo difficult, even on easy.

KittyKat:

If you still are wondering about the answer to that combination puzzle, it's "Mars".

And I'm still stuck...
    Could I trouble someone for a blunt explanation of EXACTLY what I'm suppose to do after the cutscene on the top floor where Anger runs off after playing the cha-cha? Anyone? Please?

Clearinghouse
    Just a gentle reminder. This mission is a complex, puzzle, beautiful Thief mission.
    You need to go slowly, there are places for messages and books to read, and plenty of clues to help you King's Story will definitely reside permanently in my personal top 10.

Clearinghouse
    The Mike, there is a clue in Anger's apartments. It's a list of persons you have to check. Where the bride? Go to the Room 3 on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
    @ quakis:
    spoiler:

1. No idea.
    2. Did you read the verse? Look on the floor of the throne room, then stand on the first animal and wait for some seconds.

@ Kin:
    I guess you use Win 7 32 Bit because you have the same bug as me. Normaly the ghost should disappear. Unfortunatelly the NVScripts donīt work well. This means you canīt solve the mission. Two possible solutions: first, start thief2.exe in Win XP SP3 compatibility mode, or second: reinstall Thief 2. Reinstalling Thief 2 worked for me.

Dainem
    Found what the problem is. There is no need for reinstallation of the game just installation of custom thief scripts this way it works fine now.
    Still no fog though but i guess this is an engine problem...

You need to go slowly, there are places for messages and books to read, and plenty of clues to help you
    You can say this until you are blue in the face and its not going to help anyone that is stuck Some have spent HOURS running in circles, 'taking our time', and reading every clue repeatedly and so on. Its much better just to offer help if you know the answer than to offer cryptic "take your time" messages that are more frustrating than the mission itself

Clearinghouse
    SneakyJack, where you stuck? In that balcony? I never had a problem with it Strange...

I was stuck in the balcony area - every time I jump to hop over the balcony wall the mission immediately fails and the box that says to leave the castle has a red X through it, along with the box that says not to let anyone know I was involved with ruining the performance.

All I can guess is that (Like Mike mentioned in his post) people are hearing me somehow when trying to make the hop over the wall. I tried about half a dozen times and decided that it couldn't possibly be the way to go, so I gave up and quit - then asked for help here. Honestly I don't know if I'll ever load the mission back up again, and if I do it will be a while.

My comment was meant for the others who, like me, got frustrated to the point of nearly quitting and only wanted a nudge in the right direction to continue playing this impressive mission. Making comments about 'taking your time' and 'going slow' is frustrating to someone who has spent hours running around the same areas and has nearly given up hope

I may wait for a walkthrough before proceeding - I don't want to get to the point where I just delete it and be done with it I can only imagine how complicated it is on Expert. Beautiful and technically impressive mission - but at some point the difficulty got a bit out of hand.

OK guys, need more help. I've never seen so many lost souls wandering an FM before. I'm on Moderato (well THAT's a misnomer fur me mood !) with the valet key, the Towers key and a key that I think opened the dumb waitor lift. How do I get into the Singer Halls, the throne room, the little room off the King's bedroom etc ? and where do I find the gramophone record, the replacement music score for Angers (I have opened up Angers rooms but found nothing to do)? And just for completion, where is the attic?
    For mental health reasons, straight spoilers are welcome. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    I was stuck in the balcony area - every time I jump to hop over the balcony wall the mission immediately fails and the box that says to leave the castle has a red X through it, along with the box that says not to let anyone know I was involved with ruining the performance.
    That was a big problem for me, too. I had to transfer a savegame to another PC in order to get on that balcony.

@ Imhotep:
    spoiler:
    Go to Angerīs room. In one of the corners, thereīs a tiny switch which opens a secret elevator. There you have to put the can can book into the book holder place. (The can can book can be found either in the working room or in the library.) After this the bars to the attic on the highest floor should open. There you can go to the balcony and start the next sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    That was a big problem for me, too. I had to transfer a savegame to another PC in order to get on that balcony.
    If this is the case, it'll be the death blow for my desire to finish it Oh well. At least I got to see alot of beautiful rooms and objects.

Thanks for replies. I had got that sword but forgot about it! (Mainly because I rarely use it.) But it would never have occurred to me to use that way even if I had. Mmm... I'm starting to understand why this is a long thread already. I'm going to have start thinking a different way in this one.

@ Fidcal: nope, just play it on normal. Because on normal a broken sword lies beside the tree which gives a nice clue how to continue. You donīt have to wonder about the difficulty if you are playing largo.

Clearinghouse
    Keep going SneakyJack, its worth it Come back to spoil yourself if you have trouble. Good luck

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823283338 ... LastLast