TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Correspondence of Thieves - Chapters 1 - 24 (Complete)

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I'm still trying to find time to get started, Digi! I SOOO want to read this.

The Architect
    Chapter 6: Test of Fortitude for your viewing pleasure!

I'm enjoying getting everyone's feedback on this, even the crits, so please keep it coming! Not to spoil or anything, but Chapter 6 is probably the most action-packed of the novel so far.

“There has to be another way out,” I said, dreading the thought of what was going on upstairs.

“You can’t just light a bit of wood on fire,” Foster said to Stephens condescendingly, trying to pull the burning stick away from him. “You need oil, and something to act as a wick.”

I tuned them out as they began to argue. I was locked down here with four strange men; some stranger than others. Realistically, I had to maintain a position of leadership, or we would all be doomed. “Who wants to stay here and who wants to help me look for a way out?” I asked.

Stephens stomped over after brushing off Foster’s lecture, saying, “How do we know we can trust these two?” indicated to Els and Moody.

Moody spoke before I had a chance to. “How does she know she can trust you two?” he gaffed.

Foster cut in, “Because we’re soldiers of the Silver Gryphon, that’s why! And what are you—”

Els interrupted, stepping between Moody and Stephens. “Quiet before you say something you regret, tin soldier!”

“Quiet!” I urged in a harsh whisper. “I hear something!”

They all instantly shut up and grew tense, casting wary eyes in the direction of the closed hatch far above. A moment went by. Finally Foster said, “I don’t hear anything.”

“Sorry,” I told him. “It must have been the sound of four fools arguing with each other!”

Quote Originally Posted by Jyre View Post
    Goodies to read!

Just thought I'd pop in, say hello, and mysteriously vanish into the shadows for another year or three
    Oh no! Jyres still lurking around too! *waves*

and thanks Thor, i tried to be the comic relief of the story, a lot of the other parts got kind of deep and dark at points.

Hehe, good to see some of the "originals" around.

I really wish I could read this story, but I just have so much other stuff to read and worry about... meh. Worst May ever.

Btw, I guess this thing will be fully released in a little under 18 weeks, which is... 4 months and ~10 days. September will be nearing the end. Hm... not sure if I had a point, I just thought it would be cool to finish it within summer, but then again September shouldn't be a bad month anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Oh no! Jyres still lurking around too! *waves*

and thanks Thor, i tried to be the comic relief of the story, a lot of the other parts got kind of deep and dark at points.
    Cursed!

Umm, I mean, Hello! *waves*

The Architect

The 7th link in first post points to chapter 6.

The Architect
    Ahh, more proof I need to do this while actually awake.

The Architect

The Architect
    Another Sunday, another chapter:

Chapter 9: Blood is Spilled

I wonder, how many people actually print these and how many have decided to wait for the "real" books?

Ehm, I just collect them on my PC as eBook material and soon I will continue them from where I left off. Dunno if I'll buy the books themselves, but who knows what I 1 day might decide upon.

Nice to see the chapters flowing out too, I do hope others are reading them as well.

The Architect
    The feedback I've gotten suggests that while some have attempted printing, most merely read it on-screen or are waiting for the printed books. The ones who printed the early chapters eventually gave up on it and either read on-screen or are waiting.

Uuuh, some nasty stuff there. I like it.

But I shall wait until some more chapters are on the site until I really start to read.

The Architect
    Ahh, Lytha! So good to see you. Yes indeed, nasty stuff... of course it only gets worse. How far along did you get?

Here's the next chapter!
    Chapter 10: Revelations

Not very far yet, just far enough to remember that I always liked Ghost's parts best.

The other parts are good; or in my case, stumbling clumsily in the territory of a foreign and strange language they were (they are good now after you rewrote them, too!), but Ghost's parts just were brilliant. And this they still are.
    Last edited by Lytha; 6th Jun 2010 at 18:29.

I can feel the love

Hi Lytha, good to see you still around too.

To answer a question, i thought about printing them out to read but i didnt feel like buying that much paper lol.

I am proofreading as best i can when i have time and sending things to Digi, everyone else pass on the few little errors you might find as well to make it as clean as we can.

The Architect
    And low, Chapter 11 appears!

Chapter 11: Reunions

As a long time lurker, I jumped on my seat seeing a lot of old timers in this thread! I read some chapters of Correspondence ages ago and i can't remember anything either than it was a good read.
    I'll try to catch up reading and submit some feedback!

The Architect
    Cool TafferLing!

A reader pointed out a big problem with Chapter 11, and it's now been corrected. Anyone downloading each as they're released may wish to re-download.

Oh, thanks for the heads-up! Just to be evil, gonna save that problematic file somewhere else so when I get to it, I can find it myself.

Sorry, just rarely get a chance to do something like that.

The Architect
    Hahaha! Alright, you'll have to let me know what you think of the change.

If it makes you feel better TafferLing i dont remember a lot of it either

So much has been changed, rewritten and adjusted for flow i dont think anyone would really recognise it from the first version eons ago.

Thats why i'm reading it, to see what i've been up to these last few years lol

The Architect

Very nice! Thanks as always for your tireless contributions to our community, Digi.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast