TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TDM: No Honor Among Thieves by Goldchocobo RELEASED! (2010/04/29)

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    Look closer some crates to pull out, with nothing behind them, specifically on the floor
    ah, thank you. I was concentrating on the left side of the stacks because it looked like there was an empty space - perhaps that was just because GC blocked that area off and didn't need to populate it with boxes.

I've gotten down to the smuggler's caves - this is a tough area to get through! I accidentally kicked a rock and it went skittering across the cavern, alerting everyone nearby I can't get out by crossing the lake, so where do I go once I've finished here?

I normally try to figure things out on my own, but the save bug makes it difficult to just play around and explore - I feel like I need to accomplish as much as possible, because my time (in a way) is limited

I found a crate in the warehouse by the crying baby by climbing up on the boxes on the second floor, then opening the floor hatch to go back down to the first floor. Damned if I can't find the key to open it though.

I kind of gave up on it for the time being, and in the caves now, however it's bugging the crap out of me.

Also I had no idea you could get into the crying baby room. I tried all kinds of stuff to find out what was going on there to no avail.

Maybe a small nudge will tempt me to head back that way.

mgeorge: the key youre looking for is back by the pub, in another high-up window.

speaking of the crying baby room, maybe those loose crates form the warehouse would be handy? *goes to check*
    no, my mantle + flying leap idea was the right one. getting down I took a tumble.

did anyone find food for the homeless friend? all that I found was unfrobbable.
    as for where to go when all other objectives are complete: the harbor
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 4th May 2010 at 02:07.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    mgeorge: the key youre looking for is back by the pub, in another high-up window.

speaking of the crying baby room, maybe those loose crates form the warehouse would be handy? *goes to check*
    Hmmm I see a signpost...

As far as the baby room, I already tried that and had all three crates up there on top of the stuff in that corner, but try as I might, I can't seem to make the jump even though it looks very close. Maybe I'm not doing it in the right place. But I'll get in there. Oh I will!!!

And that key? Mmmm. I've had a hard time getting very vertical without a rope arrow, (unless I missed one somewhere), and thought I had searched fairly well around the pub. But again, now that I know it's possible, I'll do it.

FANTASTIC MISSION BTW! I've only got a sliver of health left and it's gotten very tense trying not to kill anyone while still getting my stuff done. I was hoping for a health potion at the Blacksmiths, but some of the other stuff I picked up is almost as good.

Very reminiscent of TDP which I'm playing now as well. TDM just keeps getting better and better!

Quote Originally Posted by mgeorge View Post
    that key? Mmmm. I've had a hard time getting very vertical without a rope arrow, (unless I missed one somewhere), and thought I had searched fairly well around the pub. But again, now that I know it's possible, I'll do it.

I've only got a sliver of health left
    look for things to climb near the pub's entrance.
    I think I finished with maybe 7 health potions? I was also playing on easy.

I have to brag a bit: I'm still getting used to both close and ranged combat, but in the smuggler's caves there is an unKOable guard on the dock. I had tried to sneak around him, but he caught sight of me and I had to jump out of his reach onto one of the boats. it took a couple arrows, but I managed to get one through his faceplate and kill him in a single shot!

now onto mission 3!

I'm glad to see it seems that everyone is having a fun time with the campaign...
    An interesting note came across me today. Apparently, saving your game WHILE everyone is alerted and searching for you is what causes the faulty savegame files. So... until 1.02 comes out, which fixes this problem entirely, be sure to only save your game when noone has been alerted!
    Also, I'm curious - how many optional objectives has everyone found for Mission 2? i wonder if anyone is missing any, hm?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldchocobo View Post
    be sure to only save your game when noone has been alerted!
    I don't think I did, but I still had the problem.
    Also, I'm curious - how many optional objectives has everyone found for Mission 2? i wonder if anyone is missing any, hm?
    find food for Harry: not found
    grab gems from warehouse: done
    info from City Watch: done
    loot smugglers' caves:done
    ----
    having started mission 3, the "lights go out" problem I reported earlier is back with a vengeance. I can post pics if that will help.
    it also appears that light sources and guards' eyesight pass right through trees
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 4th May 2010 at 04:14.

having started mission 3, the "lights go out" problem I reported earlier is back with a vengeance. I can post pics if that will help.
    Hi, what setting have you got ambient rendering and interactive shader(bloom) set to..? both should be set to standard and high quality. But when doing any underwater set bloom to std otherwise the fps will be low etc.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldchocobo View Post
    Apparently, saving your game WHILE everyone is alerted and searching for you is what causes the faulty savegame files. So... until 1.02 comes out, which fixes this problem entirely, be sure to only save your game when noone has been alerted!
    Interesting. Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    Hi, what setting have you got ambient rendering and interactive shader(bloom) set to..? both should be set to standard and high quality.
    they're both on standard. I'll try bloom on the high setting, see if that helps, but with my old video card it may excacerbate other problems.
    I tried lowering the resolution/aspect to compensate and instead of making the pixels bigger, on some settings it actually shrank the "window" - it's still running fullscreen, but I can see desktop around the edges.
    the bloom setting did seem to fix the lighting problem, but Doom crashed after a few minutes with only the Windows "something went wrong (we have no idea)" message."
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 4th May 2010 at 14:05.

how did you even get in there? I tried climbing onto the grayish wood porch and jumping to the jutting wood over the lower window, but I couldn't 1) get up there without the Watch trio noticing me, and 2) make the jump if I climbed up anyway.
    Left from the porch is a white "package" or "bundle" you can grab and move in front of the porch to use it as a "jump pad" to mantle up. From there it's really easy to get to the window.

Also:
    Those guards are quite sharp and it pays to duck as much as possible in these bright streets...

I don't think I did, but I still had the problem.

find food for Harry: not found
    grab gems from warehouse: done
    info from City Watch: done
    loot smugglers' caves:done
    ----
    it also appears that light sources and guards' eyesight pass right through trees
    Find Food: Just grab some bread from a tavern table
    and here's another one:
    Golden trinkets from blacksmith: not done (key?)

Mission 2 is perhaps the most difficult from the three - if you want to do everything - but it's also the best, IMHO (not that the others are bad...).
    I have seen some weird things, though, like a chair floating up in the air next to the clock tower...

GoldenChocobo, I got stuck in the invisible wall north of the gate. why did you decide to put those in? it's very immersion-breaking
    also, the path guards won't pursue past the last lightpost on the path, even when I was well-lit by the gate (just an AI quirk I noticed).
    a couple of other things I noticed in mission 3 (in case you decide to rerelease it at some point): the chandeliers keep their "lit" texture even when they are turned off (though that may be a DM bug); the ladder up from the wine cellar somehow casts a shadow towards the torch behind it.

despite my technical troubles, this was a very fun mission and a very enjoyable campaign; congratulations, GoldenChocobo!
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 4th May 2010 at 16:20.

[QUOTE=Calibrator;1985554]Find Food: Just grab some bread from a tavern table
    and here's another one:
    Golden trinkets from blacksmith: not done (key?)

The blacksmith is standing on the pier looking at the big ship

advancing the missions?

I managed to download the entire NHAT file. I played through and completed the first mission (great mission, BTW). It finishes, gives me the option of statistics, and then puts me at the TDM main menu. There doesn't seem to way to advance to the next mission.

Is there a way to get to the next mission (other than download the three individual files for the three individual missions)?

- prjames

Update: I solved my own issue. I had NHAT.zip (not sure if there's a NHAT.pk4) in "Program Files\Doom 3\Darkmod\fms", and Darkmod had opened up a NHAT folder that gives access to the first mission. I took anoott.pk4 and forest.pk4 from NHAT.zip and copied them to "Program Files\Doom 3\Darkmod\fms", ran Darkmod which opened up the other two .pk4 files, and I can now see and run all three missions.
    Last edited by prjames; 9th May 2010 at 18:22. Reason: Solved problem

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    I managed to download the entire NHAT file. I played through and completed the first mission (great mission, BTW). It finishes, gives me the option of statistics, and then puts me at the TDM main menu. There doesn't seem to way to advance to the next mission.

Is there a way to get to the next mission (other than download the three individual files for the three individual missions)?

- prjames

Update: I solved my own issue. I had NHAT.zip (not sure if there's a NHAT.pk4) in "Program Files\Doom 3\Darkmod\fms", and Darkmod had opened up a NHAT folder that gives access to the first mission. I took anoott.pk4 and forest.pk4 from NHAT.zip and copied them to "Program Files\Doom 3\Darkmod\fms", ran Darkmod which opened up the other two .pk4 files, and I can now see and run all three missions.
    Internet explorer 'daftly' renames .pk4 to .zip. You can simply rename it back and it should function as intended...although I thought zip file support was added to the loader in version 1.01 to avoid players having to deal with any issues like this.

How to get into the baby crying room is easy and requires no objects.

You climb onto the signpost below the window then go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
    How to get into the baby crying room is easy and requires no objects.

You climb onto the signpost below the window then go from there.
    I am a bit confused: although I hear the baby, I've never found the baby. Just to make that clear: This is ok, right?

Quote Originally Posted by fraten View Post
    I am a bit confused: although I hear the baby, I've never found the baby. Just to make that clear: This is ok, right?
    we've been calling it the Crying Baby Room, but there is no baby. it should be The Room With The Open Window Near Where The Crying Baby Is Heard, but that's too long

Bikerdude, I don't know if you're watching the thread or not, but I tried to PM you about graphics cards and TTLG says you've disabled (or are not allowed to use) PMs. what's up? PM me when you get it figured out.

I really enjoyed Part 1 of this mission pak, BUT when I try to start part two (forest file) I get an error message about a missing lootbag. This appears after I've selected difficulty level and click "start mission." FM won't load.

Frustrating because I'm having so much fun in The Dark Mod world and I actually have some time tonight to get completely immersed in this.

EDIT: The error message I get reads as follows:

GAME ERROR
    COULDN'T SPAWN 'ATDM:PROP_LOOTBAG' TO ATTACH TO ENTITY 'ATDM_AI_CITYWATCH_1'

Also, several here have mentioned zombies. Are they in the first mission?? I ask because I completed the first mission and there were no zombies.
    Last edited by glwhalen; 10th May 2010 at 22:53.

^ Are you sure your TDM installation is up-to-date? The newest version is 1.01, and they introduced zombies in this version.

I'm in the third mission.

I'm looking for two pieces of evidence, I know about Nathan's lockbox in the cemetary, but I didn't find any evidence before leaving the house. Where is that evidence?

Also, in the basement, I found a lockbox key. What does that unlock, and how do I unlock the trapdoor immediately above the lockbox key - I don't have any keys that seem to work on that, nor my lockpicks.

Thanks!

- prjames

Gone, but never forgotten
    1 - The glass poisoned in the room of the governor, on the ground

2 - The trapdoor opens since the kitchen, there is a padlock

This is driving me nuts!

I still can't find the key for the gems in the warehouse. I know someone earlier in this thread said they are somewhere you can climb near the pub but it's eluding me.

One thing that was very cool for me was getting in the Citywatch. Here I am looking for the key, and found the way in there by accident! But it was tough in there. I put out the fire, then shot a couple of broadheads to get the guy in the front of the place to move. Hopped down on the top of the fireplace then blackjacked him, but there was no way to blackjack the other guy so I shot an arrow in between his eyes and killed him. Felt bad about it.

The other really cool thing for me was after leaving the Blacksmiths, I used my one gas arrow and took out all 3 guards in front of the Citywatch. Wasn't sure if that could be done and it took me a few tries but it was pretty funny seeing the 3 of them fall in a heap.

Very very nice mission. Even able to pickpocket!