TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: TDM: No Honor Among Thieves by Goldchocobo RELEASED! (2010/04/29)

Gone, but never forgotten
    mgeorge,

I still can't find the key for the gems in the warehouse. I know someone earlier in this thread said they are somewhere you can climb near the pub but it's eluding me.

It is necessary to rise on the edge of the house (towards the window in height), behind the door of the inn broken sword

Thanks Lady Jo.

I found what I was looking for with your help.

New problem now.

I've gotten the smugglers loot. Got the gems from the warehouse, got everything from the Blacksmith, all optional objectives ticked off. Now however I can't find the way out of the City to get to the Governors. I looked all over the smugglers cave for an exit and then roamed all over the city. I'm probably missing something stupid but I'm horrible at using the compass. I think I'm supposed to go SE but I can't even find the street I'm looking for.

The missions for TDM keep getting better and better. So kudos to all for the great work!

mgeorge, that one threw me off, too. to get to the end, you have to go back to the start.
    specifically, that street to the right when exiting the inn, with an invisible wall.

Having a blast playing this one. Congratulation.
    Second mission:
    In the smugglers lair, in one of the chests, there is a document: "Dareson's letter" but it is blank to me. It is supposed to be like that? Does it hide anything usefull?. The only food is that in the tavern? Cause' I ate it all without realizing. I think I left an apple. Is it enough?.
    Also, I 'm having trouble finding the key to the chest in the warehouse. Any hints?
    Optional objectives? Hmm... I got : Food one, City watch one, Smugglers one

EDIT: An apple is enough as I had found out myself.
    EDIT2: Found the the key for the gems chest in the warehouse. Quite obvious...
    Last edited by Snakebite; 17th May 2010 at 17:26.

Spoiler ahead

The ambiance is AWESOME towards the end of mission 1. You know the part when you're in that church and there's a sort of distant chanting in the background? I love it!... especially with the sound of the wind.

Zombie Pit...

Can somone hold my hand?

Anyhow, I don't play TDM very often so the keyboard and mouse is not as stable (I should say I'm not at good with it as with T2), always missing with arrows and such. Can someone spoil me to exactly how to get over that zombie pit? I concidered jumping sideways to every room over, but after passing the first 2 cells I fall into the pit

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    Can somone hold my hand?

Anyhow, I don't play TDM very often so the keyboard and mouse is not as stable (I should say I'm not at good with it as with T2), always missing with arrows and such. Can someone spoil me to exactly how to get over that zombie pit? I concidered jumping sideways to every room over, but after passing the first 2 cells I fall into the pit
    Jump, jump, jump! The mantling works really well, so if you miss, there is still hope

Key?

So I finally get to the other side, but all I find are 2 skeletons in a cell with a hammer (I read somewhere about the priest holding the key and his hammer on the other side of the jail block.) I can't find no key !

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    So I finally get to the other side, but all I find are 2 skeletons in a cell with a hammer (I read somewhere about the priest holding the key and his hammer on the other side of the jail block.) I can't find no key !
    I think the key is on the belt of a skeleton in one of the cell at the end of the zombie pit.

El Shagmeister

Little problem with the campaign....

I installed and played the 1st mission without a hitch, passed it, but then....I can't seem to find a way to continue to the next mission. Nothing happens and I tried moving the .pk4 files, but nada.

Help, plz.

Also, so far, I'm impressed, very nice

Classical Master 2008
    MrDuck: I am not sure I am understanding you perfectly, but level transitions are not yet supported by TDM, which means you have to load the second mission manually from the TDM menu after completing the first.

El Shagmeister

I figured as much, alas, I only get the 1st mission to appear in the install menu. Shall I erase anything to do with the first mission so it allows the second to appear?

Classical Master 2008
    No, just install the whole pack and you should theoretically have NHAT 1/3, NHAT 2/3 and NHAT 3/3 in the install menu.

El Shagmeister

Sadly, I don't. Which is why I made the original post.

I only get NHAT 1/3

So, should I delete from the FMs folder and install the files again?

EDIT: Aaaaand problem solved...olol, when I unzipped the file I stored the 3 folders in one folder called NHAT, so obviously it only registered one FM, I simply took out the FM files and placed'em on the general FM folder and voila, all missions available, still, thanks for the advice
    Last edited by MrDuck; 5th Jul 2010 at 15:55.

Wow, Ducky in TFM, didn't exspect that!

Cook said we might get stew today...with real duck...

El Shagmeister

I do like to lurk a lot in TFM forums to see what's new in FMing, specially from A)famous FM authors and B)new talent.

And seeing how I'm in the camp that's been waiting for a thiefy upgrade on the graphics/physics department, I really was crossing my fingers for TDM. So far I think they're off to a good start. Sure, wrinkles a-plenty, but they'll be ironed out, just like DromEd's. We just need time and patience, 'coz the talented people all over we already have

Cheers for TDM and Thief FMing in general!

Edit: Scratch that, onto mission 2. If anything, this beautiful campaign is teaching me a lot about TDM...
    Last edited by chis; 25th Jul 2010 at 14:15.

I played second mission tonight: AMAZING!

Really cool City mission, with a lot of details and also a lot open and non-linear.

Congratulation for this mission, i really like it!
    Try -= TDM | The Dark Mod =- The new Thief Experience!
    I'm playing TDM with Ubuntu Linux and an ATI HD2600Pro Graphic card

i need some help here please.

Altright, so i am now only suppose to leave my stash with cutty, but when i drop the Stash (box) in his arms or in the table nothing happens, no goal gets kicked, Cutty must be blindly drunk to not recognize my stash, i even drop the stash above his head to see if he would react and realize what´s above his head, still nothing...:

As I recall you just drop it on the floor next to the table.

It's Pyramid Head's gentle cousing, cube head. lol.

I just kindof threw it at him and it went by his feet and disappeared (and checked off)

Nop, still not working, i´ve droped the box on the floor a few times in diferent spots near the Cutty, and the goal still doesn´t tick off

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Nop, still not working, i´ve droped the box on the floor a few times in diferent spots near the Cutty, and the goal still doesn´t tick off
    Judging from the picture with the box on the dude's head, that is not Kutty (Kutty, with a K!). Kutty is the in furthest left corner of the pub - he's really jammed in there. Drop the box on his table, it'll "zap" out of your inventory.

finished

I guess afterall Cutty was the guy sitting behind me, he´s different though, i recognize him as the liitle fat figure and blonde, anyway this time the goal kicked off after droping the box in his knees , i´ve also played the thirth part of this sequel, and i got to say i enjoy alot playing these 3 missions of this sequel , the second part was my favourite, is it possible to build big maps with doom 3 editor just like with dromed?

Erm, the editor is called DarkRadiant. And yes, I would say it's possible to make big maps.