TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM League of Grim Thieves 26/09/2009

Thiefmissions.com

T2 FM League of Grim Thieves 26/09/2009

Anyone know anything about "Der Bund der Düsteren Diebe" mission (which I've translated badly as "The League of Gloomy Thieves")? It's only in German, and a search turns up no discussion of it here. I found it at ttlg.de while scouring the 'net looking for stuff I missed out on over the past few months. Unfortunately I understand very little German (and that only via cognates with Norwegian) so I'm ill-prepared to research the origins of the mission.

In any case, it's up at http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=...OfGrimThieves1 ; perhaps I just didn't search for the right thing or otherwise missed out on an English translation or some other discussion here. I loaded it up but didn't play through very far.
    Last edited by epithumia; 5th May 2010 at 00:55. Reason: Renamed URL to match accepted translation

Clearinghouse
    Old news http://darkfate.ru/?news=09.2009 26.09.2009: T2 FM: The League Of Grim Thieves - Part 1: On the way to 'The League Of Grim Thieves'

edit: http://darkfate.ru/?thumbs=files/fan..._Thieves/Part1

Thiefmissions.com

I didn't say it was new news. I just said that I found no mention of it here. Discussion in Russian isn't terribly useful to me, either.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by epithumia View Post
    I just said that I found no mention of it here.
    I think because in German only.

I did a translation of this mission into english a couple of months ago (I think it was in october) and Tannar was proof-reading the whole package too.

If I remember correctly, The Niggster wants to wait with a new release until the 2nd part of his campaign has been finished...

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    If I remember correctly, The Niggster wants to wait with a new release until the 2nd part of his campaign has been finished...
    Excellent! Can't wait

Thiefmissions.com

We've muddled our way through German missions before with the aid of helpful community members and bad machine translations.

Objectives, Der Bund der Dusteren Diebe

Roughly translated, the objectives are:
    1. Find 3500
    2. Find Eddies message
    3. Find Eddies Key
    4. Kill no humans
    5. Get Yourself to Church.

Gave this one a try recently - fun mission with some really interesting locations and loot placement.

I'm sorta stuck and I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and hope someone remembers how they passed this area -

I've just been past the first 'city' area and through the hedge maze to the hammer temple on the other side of the maze. Inside are a two single doors and one set of double doors. In the room are a couple statues, torches and a holy water fountain in the middle - none of which seem to affect opening the doors.

How do I get inside the temple? Unfortunately any hints in the readables are in German or I probably could have figured it out

I did a translation of Niggster's walkthrough as well, but the download-link is broken
    I'm going to ask him to release the english version too since he doesn't seem to work on the 2nd part for quite a while now...

I'm sorry that I can't help you at the moment

No worries Intruder - thank you for the quick response though!

An English version of the mission would be great - it's a hidden gem of sorts that I'm sure alot of people haven't played due to it being German only. There are alot of different locations and challenges in this mission, and its pretty fun. I was steadily making my way through the mission with relative ease until I got to the point with the multiple doors and no way to open them (that I can tell as of now due to language barriers) and I'm sure it'll be fun for others who might have missed it as well.

S.J. As I recall the area you are speaking of with the holy fountain and statues is where you exit the game

I will have to replay to refresh my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    S.J. As I recall the area you are speaking of with the holy fountain and statues is where you exit the game

I will have to replay to refresh my memory.
    Ah, that would explain not being able to proceed through all the things I tried. I still have an objective not ticked off so I must be missing one. Thanks!

English version now available

Edit: Sorry, some gliches occured. It'll be fixed.
    Last edited by fibanocci; 14th Jul 2010 at 09:28.

Here is the new version, supporting the english and german language:

Mirror: file-upload.net
    Last edited by intruder; 14th Jul 2010 at 10:56.

Thank you"The Niggster" for providing this fun FM

Thank you "intruder" for the translation.

This is an interesting game. Varied landscapes, waterscapes, town and maze. Not too difficult. Money is hidden everywhere and in some instances hidden very well. I reached the objective money amount on Hard, but still missed about $2000 after I thought I had looked everywhere. I found all but 1 secret.

The one guard on patrol in town, gets stuck behind barrels, which is annoying. Try different methods of luring him away from there so he can resume patrol.

There must be a way into the jewelry store which I haven't found, but I will keep looking.

Niggster, I am looking forward to Part 2, please...

The title should reflect it has been translated into English.
    Last edited by Dawggon; 14th Jul 2010 at 15:29.

FUN!!

I had a lot of fun playing this one Thanks to The Niggster for making it!! The trap in one of the tombs was unexpected !! but I used it to get rid of haunt

I also want to know how to get into the jewelry store?? or is it just eye candy?

Quote Originally Posted by epithumia View Post
    Anyone know anything about "Der Bund der Düsteren Diebe" mission (which I've translated badly as "The League of Gloomy Thieves")?
    "The League of Shady Thieves" is more accurate. Düster implies darkness, like a room which is not properly lit, and can be used abstractly to describe unwholesomeness, eg. shady characters.

ETA

Just saw the 'grim' translation, that works too if grim is taken as 'not very nice people' rather than 'unhappy people'.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links

Zaccheus' hospital blog

Dawggon & pwl - pretty sure the jewellry store is eye candy: smash the door with a sword & there's only a wall texture behind it. Can't see any other way of reaching the displays.
    Or has anybody found one? Finished about 1,000g short & only 1 of 4 secrets so maybe one of the secrets opens the windows?

Loved this mission...varied landscapes,and so nice to see some of the older creatures used too!.I had great fun!

I've tried several times to download the English version of this FM, to no avail. Is there another site where I can get the FM in English, please?

Thanks!

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    Here is the new version, supporting the english and german language:

Mirror: file-upload.net

Thanks clearing, but I've already tried that site three times and I get the message 'Download-Ticket abgelaufen'. I was hoping that there was another site somewhere that has this FM available for download.

Can't you just learn German, Dia?

I frob on the first date!

My youtube channel. Songs and such.

Clearinghouse
    Dia, BDDD.zip (english and german language).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast