TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Insanity's Crescendo (6 May 2010) - Updated to v1.2, 22 Aug 2010

T2 FM: Insanity's Crescendo (6 May 2010) - Updated to v1.2, 22 Aug 2010

Hi all

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce my 4th mission, Insanity's Crescendo. It is the sequel to Unholy Vivid Innocence.

-------------------------------
    * Story *

Only a few days after stealing The Blade from Halls of the Damned, a certain Lord Ihsahn started harrassing me. Initially he offered to buy it, but when I didn't give in his offers turned to threats.
    This morning I woke up with a big lump on my head to find out the blade was missing. It is not too difficult to guess who is behind this. And he will pay.
    I did some research about this Lord Ihsahn. Nobody knows much about him. He keeps a private profile and spends most of his time in his secluded summer mansion in the mountains. Tonight I am going to jump over his wall and get the blade back. No one steals from me.
    Strange...the moon is full but there is no moonlight...

* Notes *

- This mission is the sequel to Unholy Vivid Innocence. I strongly recommend you to finish UVI first before playing this mission, if you haven't already.
    - Some of the puzzles in this mission are inspired by 90s adventure games. So pay a lot of attention to what you read, and think out of the box. Lateral thinking not only is encouraged, but also necessary at times.
    - All the texts and books have been kept short (none of them is more than two pages), but they all contain vital clues to the puzzles.
    - Just like my other missions, it is possible to complete all the objectives without taking damage. So if you can't avoid taking damage while attempting something, look for another way of achieving your goal.
    - For the best experience, make sure the ambient tracks are audible.
    - This mission is not meant to be ghosted, so wipe the dust off your blackjack and let it fly.

* Known Issues *

- Sometimes keys sink into the ground when dropped.

Download link: here.

Walkthrough and lootlist available here courtesy of ffox.

Just like my previous mission, I'd like to ask you not to give out outright spoilers when helping the others on the forum. Either point them to the clues they might have missed or elaborate more on the clues if they have trouble understanding them.

Well, I am glad it is finally out. A big 'thank you' goes to my beta testers for their patience and constructive criticism.

And last but not least, I hope you will enjoy playing it...I'd like to know what you thought of the story as this mission includes a plausible explanation of the origins of the Thief universe and its connection to ours. And of course the new gadget...I hope you'll like it.
    With its many secrets, optional and bonus objectives this mission should keep you entertained for a good while!

Changes in V1.2: Many architectural and game play tweaks. The core game play stays the same, but some glitches have been fixed and a couple of puzzles and secrets have been improved.
    Last edited by Haplo; 21st Aug 2010 at 20:30. Reason: Added link to walkthrough.

Thank you (and your testers) and congrats on the release, Haplo! I've been greatly looking forward to this one.

Thank-You Haplo - been very much looking forward to this. (You certainly come up with interesting names for your FMs ).

Downloading now! Thanks a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Thank you (and your testers) and congrats on the release, Haplo! I've been greatly looking forward to this one.
    I know you from somewhere ......

Go grab it Taffers, it's AWESOME!!!

A tip: Save many times

Gloria Creep
    Enjoy the ride Haplo!
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I retire.
    Last edited by Kece; 16th May 2010 at 16:01.

Hi there Master Butcher ..... welcome here and try NOT to take the easy way

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Oooh good, loved UVI and bj-ing so this will be a treat

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Hi there Master Butcher ..... welcome here and try NOT to take the easy way

Gloria Creep
    I retire.
    Last edited by Kece; 16th May 2010 at 16:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    * Story *

Only a few days after stealing The Blade from Halls of the Damned, a certain Lord Ihsahn started harrassing me.
    Slightly curious here, but this Lord Ihsahn wouldn't take his name from Ultima Underworld, would he?

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Hi all

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce my 4th mission, Insanity's Crescendo. It is the sequel to Unholy Vivid Innocence.

* Story *

Only a few days after stealing The Blade from Halls of the Damned, a certain Lord Ihsahn started harrassing me. Initially he offered to buy it, but when I didn't give in his offers turned to threats.
    This morning I woke up with a big lump on my head to find out the blade was missing. It is not too difficult to guess who is behind this. And he will pay.
    I did some research about this Lord Ihsahn. Nobody knows much about him. He keeps a private profile and spends most of his time in his secluded summer mansion in the mountains. Tonight I am going to jump over his wall and get the blade back. No one steals from me.
    Strange...the moon is full but there is no moonlight...

* Notes *

- This mission is the sequel to Unholy Vivid Innocence. I strongly recommend you to finish UVI first before playing this mission, if you haven't already.
    - Some of the puzzles in this mission are inspired by 90s adventure games. So pay a lot of attention to what you read, and think out of the box. Lateral thinking not only is encouraged, but also necessary at times.
    - All the texts and books have been kept short (none of them is more than two pages), but they all contain vital clues to the puzzles.
    - Just like my other missions, it is possible to complete all the objectives without taking damage. So if you can't avoid taking damage while attempting something, look for another way of achieving your goal.
    - For the best experience, make sure the ambient tracks are audible.
    - This mission is not meant to be ghosted, so wipe the dust off your blackjack and let it fly.

* Known Issues *

- Sometimes keys sink into the ground when dropped.

Download link: http://endings.lemonamiga.com/fm/ic.zip

Just like my previous mission, I'd like to ask you not to give out outright spoilers when helping the others on the forum. Either point them to the clues they might have missed or elaborate more on the clues if they have trouble understanding them.

Well, I am glad it is finally out. A big 'thank you' goes to my beta testers for their patience and constructive criticism.

And last but not least, I hope you will enjoy playing it...with its many secrets, optional and bonus objectives it should keep you entertained for a good while!
    I retire.
    Last edited by Kece; 16th May 2010 at 16:02.

YESS!

Clearinghouse
    Congrats on the release, Haplo

Southquarter.com/fms
    Got a mirror up at:

www.southquarter.com/downloads/ic.zip

(Kece, sheesh, easy on the excessive quoting, ok?)

Thiefmissions.com

Cool; I'll fire it up. http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=InsanitysCrescendo

Edit: Maybe I'm just rusty, but this is hard.

I dig all the black metal references, though.
    Last edited by epithumia; 6th May 2010 at 00:22.

WOOT!!

Excellent! Downloading now!

Awesome, I'm the first person stuck! GO ME!
    I seem to have been everywhere, but I'm not finding any way into the room with the water source pool (which I'm assuming is one of the locked doors in the basement). I also can't find a way to get into that locked room on the first floor with all of the furniture inside of it. I can open the window outside and look through it to see the key but that's about as far as I can get).

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Congrats, Haplo! Downloading now!

Thanks all, and thank to the people who mirrored the file.

Mike: Have you been on the balcony?

Just what I need when I got a day off! Thanks Haplo, I love it when my day is already made in the morning.

wow, thanks for another mission Haplo

Can't wait to get unstuck in your other mission so I can get stuck in this one!

First I would like to congratulate Haplo for the release. I'm having a blast playing as I write.

I've expected to be something there, but not that . Quite a nice surprise. I've been running around for some time, but unfortunately I got stucked.
    I got 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th scroll of the labyrinth, but I cannot manage to find the last. I have 2 areas that I was unable to get inside. First was a door on the first floor above ground in one of the towers (the one with the ladders in the middle), locked and cannot find any key to that. The second is the area with the undestroyable deamons. Didn't find anything usefull about those areas. I am also having trouble locating that plant stuff. Maybe it will be available later but cannot say right now if I missed anything.

Wow you have progressed a lot!
    The scroll you are looking for is quite easy to find actually. It is in the plain view. Bigger hint: Up!