TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Insanity's Crescendo (6 May 2010) - Updated to v1.2, 22 Aug 2010

Hmm, I need helping with getting the second scroll. The last scroll i need. I don't know where it is, but there are areas i can't get into.

The area with the 4 'things' (being vague to avoid spoilers) allows you to jump to the 'hole' above the door, of course for some reason the hole is too small and i can't get through. Rope arrowing the ceiling from the other side doesn't work, it's stone. Crouching doesn't work, tried midair too. There's a tiny alcove there, perhaps the scroll? Any ideas on how to squeeze into it? Also Hans mentions an scroll to get rid of these things, any clues on that?

The area with the double gate system. The switch opens one, closes the other. I can't see anyway of getting into there. I can't jump through the hole, i will fall to my death. There's no where to place an rope arrow. I could tie an rope from my rope arrow to the switch, enter the area, then pull it. But this is not a real life puzzle otherwise i could do that. I could also move the pole-light to block the gate from closing, but not real life.

I've read the hint you provided on page one, Haplo, about up. But i've checked the rafters in the blue cylinder, already found a scroll, and the rafters in the other cylinder. Checked the rafter above the pool at the entrance. No more 'ups' to check.

So any ideas? thanks!
    Last edited by shadows; 6th May 2010 at 08:42.

The 2nd scroll: Sorry earlier I gave you the hint for the 4th scroll by mistake. You will need to find a way to make sure both gates stay open. You'll find the answer to the rest of your questions after you find the 2nd scroll.
    Hint: Maybe you could block one of the gates with something? Search for something that serves you.
    Bigger hint: What you are looking for is outside of the Den.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Or you can just put almost everything from your inventory there. The deer legs did it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Or you can just put almost everything from your inventory there. The deer legs did it for me.
    That is not what I had intended. You guys are good at finding alternative ways!

Hehe, i tried using a corpse but it didn't work strangely enough. I used the 'intended' object, but it's strange. Eventually the gate breaks the intended object, yet the gate doesn't close shut - in fact it fully opens, but if i remove the intended object, because i wanted to save it from breaking cause i wanted to use it to get into the room with the key inside, the gate shuts close. haha

I got the message from the two 'things' BTW, haha. 'rrrrrr' indeed. Nice touch Haplo.

Need to find the 3rd croll.
    I've no clue what to do with the brazier

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    i wanted to save it from breaking cause i wanted to use it to get into the room with the key inside
    It's not helpful. You will still need another 2 of them. You'll find a way in that room later.

Congratulations on the release, Haplo! It looks like everyone is having just as much fun with this one as I did.

Fibanocci - There's an item in the house that you need that you probably missed finding.

Got it, thanks

I shot an arrow into a hanging target in a room with I think three footlockers and a sword display on the wall and got a sentence (I think it was spanish if I remember correctly) that I couldn't understand - is this important to anything?

Edit: and then I hit the two practice dummies and got different sentences that may even be different languages. Is this intentional?

SJ: I believe it's not important, you also get messages when hitting the training dummies, or hit some statues. I think they are just little easter eggs, or point to a secret. Either way, I have finished the mission without having translated those sentences.

Hmm, i am doing the Hans objective, and defeated 'those things', but now what do i do? I can't find Hans safe or the 'T Machine'. A Clue please. I still can't get up to the alcove over the locked double doors.

Hmm, i am doing the Hans objective, and defeated 'those things', but now what do i do? I can't find Hans safe or the 'T Machine'. A Clue please.
    His room is in the mansion.
    Hint for bedroom: Upper floor. Bigger hint : Can climb through window inside
    You'll find everything you need in there

Having alot of fun with this mission but I'm definitely stuck. I've given Benny his mead and got into the display room - and now I have a flask of water, the thing to stoke a fire and a sponge that I've converted into a "dirty sponge" by dropping it into the water and then rubbing it in the coal pile. Not sure where to go next.

There are 2 ways for entering the mansion. Find the other one and you'll know what to do next

That did the trick - thanks Snakebite!

Need some help
    How do i get the gems in the two vertical shafts with grates? I went back into the small tunnel and wanted to throw the gizmo through the grate and get them this way, but the gizmo won't go through. And i can't find a control to open the grates either...

A few comments, only read if you've finished

Wow, i think the end of the mission was almost better then the start and middle cause of the 'gizmo'. I dare say this is the best gadget I've ever used, definitely invaluable for a thief!

I noticed that Haplo, designed the mission quiet well in some areas. Like near the labyrinth, where earlier you peek through the hole, i used the gizmo and found the other side of the wall, the floor was sloped to get the gizmo spot on in the middle of the room, so the player wouldn't get stuck, Talk about perfection! Same for when the player throws the gizmo back out the other side.

I must ask though. The left side of the house, the side with Hans bedroom, where are the other supposed rooms? There's Hans bedroom, then when you walk down the corridor, no rooms, what's between the corridor and the outer house walls? Hmm..

A great mission, overall, just enough clues and things to keep your attention and keep on playing.

Need some help
    How do i get the gems in the two vertical shafts with grates? I went back into the small tunnel and wanted to throw the gizmo through the grate and get them this way, but the gizmo won't go through. And i can't find a control to open the grates either...
    If you're where I think you are, there's a tiny switch, at floor level, within a few feet of the grate. It's easily overlooked. I spent a minute or so searching for it, myself.

I think I've made a huge mistake:
    I got the objective for the Plant, and rushed back to the other fountain to fill my flask and saved with a flask full of special water. now how do I get out without turning it to normal water?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    I got the objective for the Plant, and rushed back to the other fountain to fill my flask and saved with a flask full of special water. now how do I get out without turning it to normal water?
    You might find a way to get the special water up to the dried fountain later in the game after finishing the main objective

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    Don't worry. You will find a way later on in the mission to complete the plant objective. It does not break the mission if you fill up and leave. Just carrying on doing other stuff for now.

I've gotten the first 2 scrolls, but problems continuing..

Can't do anything in the room with the 4 guard things, but die.

I can get the scroll in the large water room using a speed potion and 3 health potions, but I'm sure that's not the correct way

Unless I can fly, I can't do much in the 4 level open area with ladders

the maze just teleports me back

where can I go?

ok good *relieved*

as for the double gate:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Hint: Maybe you could block one of the gates with something? Search for something that serves you.
    I'm afraid I need a bigger clue. I went through the whole house again and didn't see anything helpful.

there is an unfrobbable door in the tower with ladders, and a gold panel at the very top level that I can't open either. I'm sure there are more places I haven't even discovered, but those seem like the next few steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxerks View Post
    where can I go?
    have you gone to the top of the tower with the ramps? look up
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 6th May 2010 at 14:59. Reason: hints for Sxerks

Sxerks

If i think you are where you are, in the 4 levels area, try to open the gate to get to the other 4 levels area.
    Hint: Look up!

MrMunkeePants

Well apart from the house, where else haven't you searched? It's not in the house, like you said, it's outside of the Den, so that leaves...

Haplo, since you asked so nicely ....

That was thoroughly enjoyable. I found some of the puzzles particularly clever. And the new toy reminds me pleasantly of Unreal Tournament's translocator.

I'll be fondly recalling several of the more memorable moments from this mission for years to come, particularly the seconds following the big climax, when that gate to the Guardians' antechamber slowly opened. I foolishly took a peek to see if they were still frozen in place. They were not, of course, and immediately came charging in. This led to a classic Benny Hill-style chase sequence (lacking only the Yakety Sax theme) throughout the lair, which I'm sure you'd all find hilarious. Still on the run, with the Guardians hot on my heels, I grabbed the Blade in passing and only escaped their wrath by diving into the pool outside.

I'm short four secrets and approximately 6000 in loot, and have no idea what devious thing to do with Brother Ghazanfar, but have otherwise completed all goals.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast