TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Insanity's Crescendo (6 May 2010) - Updated to v1.2, 22 Aug 2010

Water

Hi all, need a little help. Apparently I am supposed to put salt in water somewhere in order to deactivate security field but I have not been able to find any salt. The kitchen seems an obvious place but I have not found anything. Thanks!

On the normal difficulty setting (lowest) it was on a shelf in between sugar and flour - I think it was the smallest metal container. I don't know if if it changes location on difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    That is not what I had intended. You guys are good at finding alternative ways!
    My ass-backwards way in which I solved that puzzle: I used the crate (which I'm now assuming I should have used to block the gate) to crawl through the small hole in the wall near the lever on the higher floor, then used the trick where you drop a body you're carrying at the last second to get to the ground unharmed (...after about 15 failed attempts at this. I'm not quite l33t enough for this trick yet. )

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    MrMunkeePants
    Well apart from the house, where else haven't you searched? It's not in the house, like you said, it's outside of the Den, so that leaves...
    *facepalm* how did I miss that? I guess I was thinking of the ones in the basement and didn't pay attention.

okay: I completed the labyrinth, and have Hans' key. however, when I go to his bedroom and use it on the lock behind the dresser, it doesn't work! is there somewhere else I should use it?

Kaain
    Salt is in a canister on kitchen shelf

I'm stuck. Done the salt, sponge, mead. Can't open big double doors at top of stairs or door down the front of house balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by canetoad View Post
    Kaain
    Salt is in a canister on kitchen shelf

I'm stuck. Done the salt, sponge, mead. Can't open big double doors at top of stairs or door down the front of house balcony.
    To open the big double door: rope arrow up to the only window with a wood surface above it on the left side of the house. Climb in and you will find the key.

And I'm stuck also...first of all, where is scroll number 3? Places I haven't been include most of the labyrinth (obviously) and the area you open up with the bellows, since the red area always makes Garrett spontaneously explode (I admit, I laughed the first time this happened). Oh yeah, and that locked door across from the haunt filled "green spotlight" hallway. Also, where is the key to the music room? I never managed to find it...

Mikey:

3rd scroll:

hint: read the scroll in the room where you used the bellows.
    bigger hint: maybe the haunt at the other side of the red area can be of assistance if you make sure you get his attention?

key to music room: nowhere. The door is open.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    That. And please please do not to give out outright spoilers when helping the others on the forum. Either point them to the clues they might have missed or elaborate more on the clues if they have trouble understanding them.
    Sorry Haplo, my bad.. finished and it's an awesome mission.. well done... again

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    And I'm stuck also...the area you open up with the bellows, since the red area always makes Garrett spontaneously explode (I admit, I laughed the first time this happened).
    Didn't you read the translated clue? "Thy enemy is thy friend"? There's a haunt just beyond that trap.

Granted, I'm of the opinion that friends don't let friends spontaneously explode in their place, but maybe that's just me ....

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    You don't need a crate to take what is in the safe. Just lean forward as I said before.
    I CAN'T lean forward. There is no function in Thief that I've ever discovered that allows you to lean forward. You can lean from side to side and that's how I was able to get some of what was in the safe, but not everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    I CAN'T lean forward. There is no function in Thief that I've ever discovered that allows you to lean forward. You can lean from side to side and that's how I was able to get some of what was in the safe, but not everything.
    There is a lean forward, check in your setup.. has to be there

I think by default "lean forward" is mapped to alt + w (meaning you have to hold alt and press forward). In Thief Gold it was Alt + shift + w, which was a royal pain in the ass. It helps out a lot with KO-ing guards who are in search mode though.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Mikey:

key to music room: nowhere. The door is open.
    GAH, that's the second door in this FM that I somehow convinced myself was locked for no reason! I really need to "use" first and lockpick later.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Dragon View Post

Granted, I'm of the opinion that friends don't let friends spontaneously explode in their place, but maybe that's just me ....
    In that case I have some letters of apology to hand out...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    Lean-forward knockouts are one of the key weapons in my arsenal in both thief games - I don't think I could ever live without it Its very satisfying to find a spot of complete darkness near a couple guards, jump straight up and down so that they begin to search for your spot and lean-forward blackjack the bejesus out of them when they get close enough. Bonus points if you can pickpocket both a purse and an arrow from an archer right before you hit him.

One of my only complaints about the dark mod is the lack of an effective lean-forward blackjack move.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    okay: I completed the labyrinth, and have Hans' key. however, when I go to his bedroom and use it on the lock behind the dresser, it doesn't work! is there somewhere else I should use it?
    anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    One of my only complaints about the dark mod is the lack of an effective lean-forward blackjack move.
    I use it from behind, because I tend to bump into them if I'm too close and alerting them. I do think a blackjack to the face would put someone out, as would one to the crotch (which is how I always thought of the body KO) - though TDM guards are more armored than T1/T2, so those areas would only be KOable depending on the model

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    anybody?
    Right key, wrong lock. Hans has living quarters both above (in the mansion), and down below.

That was terrific fun Haplo! . Excellent !!

Not just the good mansion mission I was expecting but when we got to the shed and the den it was a major adventure! Some really good and tricky puzzles and the wonderful device - I think that should be a standard inventory item now!

Nearly pulled my hair out trying to do the labyrinth before getting all 5 scrolls - not a good idea .

Finished with 15,751 loot and 4 more secrets to find ! Completed 2 optional objectives and 1 bonus objective (am now officially "way too rich" - courtesy of 'yours truly'). Didn't get an objective for Brother Ghazanfar but felt he deserved one! Will go back in soon to do more searching. Thanks again for a great mission!
    Last edited by Sagittal; 7th May 2010 at 04:14.

The Mike
    To open the big double door:
    Thanks. I'd forgotten about that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    I think by default "lean forward" is mapped to alt + w (meaning you have to hold alt and press forward).
    I shall try that!
    Huh. . learn something new every day.

Mirror here: http://thieved.blogspot.com/2010/05/...crescendo.html

I just began and personally I do enjoy your interior but exterior is a little bit worse

I just use the "W" key to lean forward.

Lady Taffer, I know just what you mean!!!

Gloria Creep
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 6th May 2010 at 19:55.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Dragon View Post
    Didn't you read the translated clue? "Thy enemy is thy friend"? There's a haunt just beyond that trap.

You should read this as: your enemy can be of help to you
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Thanks you man!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    You should read this as: your enemy can be of help to you
    Oh, I can fully appreciate the concept ... luring zombies into the Bonehoard's numerous deathtraps is one of my favourite memories from Thief 1.

Thanks for a great mission! I loved the puzzles and the special devices (I had lots of fun with the teleport device).

I was stuck only once when I couldn't find the fourth scroll, but after checking this thread I soon found it (I hadn't searched good enough). I was forced to reload once when I made the mistake of visiting the guarding minions without the teleport device and couldn't find a way back without falling into the lava. I did encounter some minor flaws in the architecture, but nothing that spoiled the fun. I was a bit surprised to see the guarding minions still present even after Ihsahn had been eliminated and later they also came back to life and hunted me down (I escaped by jumping in to the water and waiting for them to calm down).

I played on Normal and finished in 4h11m2s (and I just couldn't stop playing once I had started) with 15044 loot (I felt bad stealing from the servants or the guards, so I only stole from Ihsahn himself), 4 secrets (including the evil one under water) and 1 optional + 1 bonus objective (got branch from "plant of life" and became way too rich).

All in all I had lots of fun playing this mission (parts of it reminded me of the bonehoard)!

Edit:
    What about freeing Hans? Is it possible?
    Last edited by qolelis; 6th May 2010 at 21:12. Reason: Added a short note about my loot score...

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the mission. Actually the frozen minions are not supposed to come back to life. It must be a glitch.

The idea of the teleporter device came from one of my favorite games of all time, Flashback: http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=414

In the easter egg there is a scroll explaining where some of the other inspirations and ideas came from.

qolelis: No, but you can do something else with him which is a bonus objective.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast