TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Insanity's Crescendo (6 May 2010) - Updated to v1.2, 22 Aug 2010

Help, please!

What is the solution for the big water room with the fifth scroll? (Breath Potion?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kece View Post
    What is the solution for the big water room with the fifth scroll? (Breath Potion?)
    Have you been to the room with the green flashing lights?

Let me see...

The room with green flashing lights AND SIX HAUNTS standing beside the walls?

The room with green flashing lights AND SIX HAUNTS standing beside the walls?
    Yes that's the one. You have to go through this room first before you can get what you asked for.

Just wondering if I did this wrong. I got into the room with way too much money via the ladder, was I supposed to come in from the hole in the ceiling? I didn't get the "Secret Found" until I walked under the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Yes that's the one. You have to go through this room first before you can get what you asked for.
    Thank You! Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuod View Post
    Just wondering if I did this wrong. I got into the room with way too much money via the ladder, was I supposed to come in from the hole in the ceiling? I didn't get the "Secret Found" until I walked under the hole.
    Heh, another case of people finding their own way of doing things. You are the second person that I know of who has done it this way.
    I had intended the players to enter from the hole in the ceiling, but there is nothing wrong with the way you did it I guess. I hope you enjoyed the room!

help with Hans' key, please? it doesn't go to the lock behind the bookcase, so where does it go? what am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    help with Hans' key, please? it doesn't go to the lock behind the bookcase, so where does it go? what am I missing?
    He has a dwelling inside the Den too.

Heh, another case of people finding their own way of doing things. You are the second person that I know of who has done it this way.
    I had intended the players to enter from the hole in the ceiling, but there is nothing wrong with the way you did it I guess. I hope you enjoyed the room!
    Just a case of stacking everything in my inventory.

Thiefmissions.com

Done.

Well, cool. Only needed one hint to finish, and I found the easter egg. Only _one_ Emperor song? Travesty. Funny that I have both source albums for the music in this mission.

Got the bonus objectives, but still several optional ones to go (and not a clue as to how to find them). Guess I've more searching to do.

Awesome!

Haplo: This is a masterfuly done mission!! I enjoyed every minute of this one!! You truly are a master story teller and mission builder!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuod View Post
    I also got in via the ladder; I used the teleport device repeatedly to get into the small room above the ladder. I never even noticed the other hole in the ceiling (not until I went back after reading your post about it, anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    I also got in via the ladder; I used the teleport device repeatedly to get into the small room above the ladder. I never even noticed the other hole in the ceiling (not until I went back after reading your post about it, anyway).
    You can always count on Thief fans to do things in ways they weren't intended to be done!

I finally finished this missing just over 2000 loot and all but one secret. I'll wait patiently for the secret list to be posted to see where I went wrong.

Is it posted yet?

Check, the Den, perhaps there's something you haven't unlocked yet?

but there is nothing wrong with the way you did it I guess. I hope you enjoyed the room!
    The only downside I can think of doing it this alternative way, is that the trigger for the secret is placed at the other side of the room where you were suppose to enter. You must make sure to walk there or else your secrets count will be one short.
    Last edited by shadows; 6th May 2010 at 23:59.

Never found a breath potion in the mission - used the method Haplo described via the haunt-lined room to get the scroll in the flooded room. Although I did find another use there for the teleport device later when I only needed air for the outward swim - it's so flexible!

To get the loot below those gratings, after the haunt-lined room, I used a rope arrow - wooden beams conveniently placed over the top of them - and climbed up a little from the big water room?! Again hadn't realised there was an easier way until I saw it posted here!

It makes the mission really interesting that you have different ways to do things!
    Last edited by Sagittal; 7th May 2010 at 02:38. Reason: Misunderstanding original post, duh.

Hans' key
    yeah, I feel dumb for that one. I thought the door was unfrobbable and didn't even try it.

I've defeated the Big Bad, and checked off every objective except "find out who he really is". is there a readable I missed?

I know I missed a ton of loot, though not the big bag , and a bunch of secrets. this is a great mission, Haplo, we are all very rich for having your talent!

MrMunkeepants, the objective about who Lord Ihsahn really is is in Samoth's Lair at the end of the labyrinth - suspect you may have been "distracted" before you got to read it

I've defeated the Big Bad, and checked off every objective except "find out who he really is". is there a readable I missed?

I know I missed a ton of loot, though not the big bag , and a bunch of secrets. this is a great mission, Haplo, we are all very rich for having your talent!
    Thanks man!
    For the missing objective, go back to Samoth's lair at the end of labyrinth. You missed something in there.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the mission. Actually the frozen minions are not supposed to come back to life. It must be a glitch.

The idea of the teleporter device came from one of my favorite games of all time, Flashback: http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=414

In the easter egg there is a scroll explaining where some of the other inspirations and ideas came from.

qolelis: No, but you can do something else with him which is a bonus objective.
    Homie, today I noticed that one of the uploads is hosted on the Lemonamiga.com - one of my Amiga favourites - btw. I'm Amig-o-maniac since it is my first computer and my first love

Anyway, now you're posting link to this site. Is this, mentioned upload yours? Are you uhm.. an admin of Lemonamiga?

Quote Originally Posted by Marzec View Post
    Homie, today I noticed that one of the uploads is hosted on the Lemonamiga.com - one of my Amiga favourites - btw. I'm Amig-o-maniac since it is my first computer and my first love

Anyway, now you're posting link to this site. Is this, mentioned upload yours? Are you uhm.. an admin of Lemonamiga?
    The upload is mine. I am one of the admins of Amiga Endings (http://endings.lemonamiga.com) which is hosted on Lemon Amiga .
    The admin of Lemon Amiga is a good friend of mine, I am one of the game database editors and also a forum mod there.

Damn!

I figured out why the minions come out of frozen state and become alive again! I have put the wrong gamesys in the mission archive.
    I'll try to upload a fixed version soon and ask the mirrors to pick it up.

Edit: I have uploaded the fixed archive. I will ask the admins to update the mirrors.
    Last edited by Haplo; 7th May 2010 at 06:10.

Clearinghouse
    I got 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th scroll. Where 2nd scroll?

clearing: It's close to the lowest level in the green cylinder.

Clearinghouse
    I can't open both gates.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast