TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Insanity's Crescendo (6 May 2010) - Updated to v1.2, 22 Aug 2010

Well, I have the 3rd, 4th, and 5th scrolls, but I'm still missing the first two. Also, I'm not quite sure where else to go. . I've been through the tower with the ramps, the tower with the ladders and underwater in the main pool, but there are still a few locked doors and such that I can't seem to get through.

At one point you can look through a small window down to where there are two gates and pulling the lever on the wall raises one and lowers the other, however I don't see any possible way of getting down to that area.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying it so far! I love the atmosphere and the wide-open spaces, which is odd, 'cause I usually don't like wide-open spaces in Thief missions.

Ok. I got 2 problems. First, how do I disable the electric barrier shielding the master bedroom?
    2nd: Down in the Bonehoard area, how do I get deeper into the maze? I read something about going west 3 times, but it keeps bumping me back to the beginning.

Very cool mission by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    I can't open both gates.
    Check this post.

Lady Taffer: For the 1st scroll check the pool room (where you enter the Den) . For the second scroll check back a few posts then look at my answer to clearing in this one.

Azaran: There is a readable (on a wall) in the mansion basement you may have missed. For the maze, follow the directions when you reach the rooms where you have a choice. Check your PMs. How did you get to the maze without disabling the electrical shield?
    Last edited by ffox; 7th May 2010 at 05:57.

Azaran, there is a readable regarding the power to the security system down in the basement in the room opposite the turret control room. The solution involves finding some salt mentioned earlier in the thread.

The labyrinth puzzle isn't solvable until you have found all five scrolls - if you've got them all trial and error will work - or decipher the the scroll clues!

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Ok. I got 2 problems. First, how do I disable the electric barrier shielding the master bedroom?
    2nd: Down in the Bonehoard area, how do I get deeper into the maze? I read something about going west 3 times, but it keeps bumping me back to the beginning.

Very cool mission by the way.
    What I don't understand is the fact that it seems you are in the Den, without having entered the master bedroom. How? How did you get into the shed?

I am trying to get the gems in the two vertical shafts covered with grates. I managed to get the grate near the pedestal open, but the other grate in the other shaft remains closed. There are no more switches anywhere here, so a clue please. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    I am trying to get the gems in the two vertical shafts covered with grates. I managed to get the grate near the pedestal open, but the other grate in the other shaft remains closed. There are no more switches anywhere here, so a clue please. thanks!
    Shadows, I got to the jewel-type box by shooting a rope arrow above the shaft and then going to the flooded room and climbing up - maybe you can do that for the other shaft? I never found the switch until much later. I remember seeing those gems but cant remember if/how I actually got them in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Only the shaft near the pedestal has a gem. The other shaft does not have any loot in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Only the shaft near the pedestal has a gem. The other shaft does not have any loot in it.
    Damn, you're right. I had assumed both shafts were the same.

I have a question for all who have already finished the mission:

How did you avoid getting killed by the minions while using the Eye of Wrath potion on them?

The intended way was to walk to the north side of the obelisk pool, look up above the double doors and shoot a rope arrow through the hole into the beam inside. Jump into the pool and swim along the tunnel on the west side to the end. Mantle up and out, follow the passage to the end, hop onto the ladder above the lava and climb up. Get out on the east side, run for the rope and climb up before the minions catch you. While up there drinking the Eye of Wrath potion.

I'd like to hear from you if you did it any other way.

My way:
    I prepared the rope arrow as I was climbing the ladder from the tunnel. As soon as I got out aimed at a random wood beam and before the deamons got to me I already shoot the arrow. Just a small running around and jumped to the rope.

I did it just a little different: I didn't put the rope there beforehand, but when mantling outside the lava pit, I immediately shot a rope arrow at one of the support beams and sat in one of the 'triangles' while using the Eye of Wrath.

I threw the teleport receiver device to lodge just above the double doors - from the pool side - and teleporterd there from where I shot an arrow into the beam and used the Eye from the rope - making sure they were all looking my way. It's a bit cramped up there but quite doable ..and better than missing that ladder time after time and landing in the lava !

Similar to the others when i got the potion i didn't realise i had to get the 'gizmo'. So i went to the lair. As soon as i exit the ladder, i shot a rope arrow into the beams, and from there gave them the stare of death

Later when i got the 'gizmo', i threw it up onto the alcove above the double doors. Then rope arrow out onto the beam, cause i discovered i couldn't use the potion from the alcove.

I did it in two different ways:
    First time I went in, I readied a rope arrow while still on the ladder above the lava and then mantled up and quickly shot the rope arrow in the nearest beam, climbed up and used my "crazy eyes" on the minions. Unfortunately, I had forgotten the teleporter and I couldn't get back to get it, so I had to reload.

The next time I went in, I used the teleporter to get up to the alcove above the double doors. At first I couldn't use the stare from the alcove, but I figured I had to enter the room brush in front of me so I crept forward real slow without falling down from the alcove until I could stare them down. After they all had frozen I simply jumped down from the alcove and proceeded.

I need some hints

Another great mission Ali! congratulations on this one

I have a dirt sponge but i donīt know what to do with it, also there is a locked door from a room wich i can see from the outside, and i can spot a key on the floor, how do i get inside this room?
    Also got the bellows , and i donīt know where to use it...any hints?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    I need some hints ....
    You are collecting the right things that will help you later on! The dirty sponge will help you with a puzzle later in the mansion - when you need to find out what someone else has done Dont worry about the bellows and the room/room key too much yet

Have you looked into the mansion security?

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    You are collecting the right things that will help you later on! The dirty sponge will help you with a puzzle later in the mansion - when you need to find out what someone else has done Dont worry about the bellows and the room/room key too much yet

Have you looked into the mansion security?
    You mean the mechanism security in the basement? yes, and iīm trying to find something to polute the water tank, to see if the force field is disable in the upper room, i donīt know what to do next, also i canīt find the key to the shed door

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Wow you have progressed a lot!
    The scroll you are looking for is quite easy to find actually. It is in the plain view. Bigger hint: Up!
    I canīt find the 4th scroll even with this hint, doesnīt tell my anything some help please.

i got all the other ones

Cardia1, exactly, .... try the kitchen for something to contamibnate the water With the forcefield turned off you will be able to progress

Kittykat, I was a bit confised with the clues for the scroll as well - you need to go really high in one of the towers Once there, it is in plain view

Thanks Sagittal

Now how do I get out of the labyrinth without being killed

Thiefmissions.com

Run. Fast.

Great mission, if somewhat hard on the puzzle side, i had to look at some hints here to figure it out, but i enjoyed the mission very much. The outside mansion guards for once actually provided a real challenge, since they seemed to have Superman like hearing and vision and went on alert at the drop of a pin.

Managed to finish with 11698 loot, 1 optional (Plant) and 3 bonus (Hans, Too rich and KO) objectives and 3 secrets.

But since i can read the goals.str file i can see that there are more so i would like to request some hints:

Fire gem objective. I have actually found it but what triggers the objective to show up?

Brother Ghazanfar objective. Where to dump?

Quote Originally Posted by epithumia View Post
    Run. Fast.
    Yes lol I tried that and always ended up in closed quarters, is there another way or is it trial and error thing

Thiefmissions.com

If you retrace the steps you took to get in, you should be able to get back out without getting stuck or pulverized.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast