TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Insanity's Crescendo (6 May 2010) - Updated to v1.2, 22 Aug 2010

You can use Moghedian's trick: drop some items (eg food) to mark the route on the way in - it makes it easier to get out.

How to get out alive?

If the way in is west-west-west-north, the way out must be south-east-east-east! But it's not working! I am running into a dead end!

Quote Originally Posted by epithumia View Post
    If you retrace the steps you took to get in, you should be able to get back out without getting stuck or pulverized.
    Got it thank you. ohh and a health poison, just what I needed lol after this ordeal

Quote Originally Posted by Kece View Post
    If the way in is west-west-west-north, the way out must be south-east-east-east! But it's not working! I am running into a dead end!
    But you would need to go South, after the 4th East, wouldn't you? Cause when you come in, technically, the 'first' step in, is North. Then you do your WWWN.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    But you would need to go South, after the 4th East, wouldn't you? Cause when you come in, technically, the 'first' step in, is North. Then you do your WWWN.
    You are absolutely right! I'll try it once more...

OMG just finished this awesome mission with half my life, half the loot and just 2 out of 7 secrets. Hmm obviously need to try this again soon.

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference in difficulties besides the standard Thief settings?

I've finished it on Fortissimo (Expert) and was thinking about playing it again on each difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by The Elusive One View Post
    Fire gem objective. I have actually found it but what triggers the objective to show up?
    Theres a readable in the basement on a bulletin board.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    I have a question for all who have already finished the mission:
    How did you avoid getting killed by the minions while using the Eye of Wrath potion on them?
    I did it the recommended way the first time, then when I had to reload I shot the rope arrow over the doors, then threw the teleporter through the same opening.
    I think reloading is why I missed the "find out who he really is" objective, since I knew what do next I skipped that step the second time.
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 7th May 2010 at 16:38.

If I couldn't kill those demons after the big showdown I did the next best thing - with the help of the you-know-what! All now securely spending quality time in the room with the twin portcullises:

http://screenshooter.net/60698398/qwkiwgl

And all haunts from the hall with the flashing lights are now partying down in Han's room - and, wait, someone seems to have locked the door!

Gives me a chance to look round - just don't want anyone to tell me now that I missed an Easter Egg in either of these locations

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Every single pathway I take leads to a dead end and the haunt gets me. I don't have my compass while in the labyrinth so I can't think in terms of north, west, etc, but left, right and straight. Either way, like I said, every direction I take just leads to a dead end and this is getting extremely frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Every single pathway I take leads to a dead end and the haunt gets me. I don't have my compass while in the labyrinth so I can't think in terms of north, west, etc, but left, right and straight. Either way, like I said, every direction I take just leads to a dead end and this is getting extremely frustrating.
    I had the same problem and just kept on running until I found the doorway. In the tight spots just keep on running. Got out with half a life but thats ok I got out in the end

Labyrinth bug

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    Frustrated? You're not alone!

Thiefmissions.com

You can practice your run through the labyrinth before you trigger the bad guy's appearance. Try it a couple of times and you should be able to make it out without being hit.

Foolproof Labyrinth Escape on expert

As you leave Samoth's lair you do a small jink left and then right before you get to the familiar 4 way junction - from here, and at each of the following 4 way junctions:

Turn Left - Straight On - Straight On - Turn Right and you should be out!

When I entered the labyrinth I dropped a piece of fruit at the exit point of the first 4 way junction so at least I would recognise final exit on the way back

Labyrinth escaping 101

The way back is exactly the same way you used to get in. Click on the link below for a picture:

http://shalebridgecradle.co.uk/testi...ile.php?id=927

On the way back, only four times you have to make a choice. The other rooms only have one exit.

When you arrive to the first room with multiple exits, turn left. (1)
    In the next room, keep going straight (2)
    In the next room, keep going straight (3)
    In the next room, turn right (4)

@Fuod: The difference between various difficulties is AI presence and loot requirement. The puzzles and final loot amount stay the same.

@Sagittal: It's cools to see you have been putting the new gadget to a good (and very creative) use!
    Last edited by Haplo; 7th May 2010 at 19:51.

Wow, what a truly magnificent mission that was! Didn't have that much fun in a FM for a long long time.

I quite enjoyed UVI too (and expected IC to be similar), but you really outdid yourself on this one Haplo!

The mansion part in itself was a lot of fun, though at the beginning I had a real hard time when one-by-one culling the super-sensitive guards. When I finally plundered Ihsahns safe I thought the mission was close to an end, but boy was I wrong

Some of my personal highlights:
    • Sneaking up on the captain and pickpocketing him, after having alerted him before was a major PITA, but felt so rewarding after succeeding after god-knows-how many reloads.
    • The "adventure elements". Use X on Y is not so uncommon in FMs, but taking it a step further like the fingerprints puzzle is right up my alley.
    • Unannounced bonus objectives. Feels so good to unexpectedly hear a pling.. Objective completed (Besides the 2 "optionals" I found only 2 "bonus" though: KO everyone and heart of gold).
    • Escaping the labyrinth... just remembering it gets my adrenaline levels rising again. Reminded me of a particular scene in ANIR3... Run, ForGarrett, run!.
    • The diving secret - clever!
    • And of course the new gizmo. Great great great idea! Had so much fun with it.

Rest of the post in spoiler tags, don't watch until you've finished the mission.
    spoiler:

Spent more than half an hour trying to wiggle through that damn window by stacking the crate plus everything I had. Eventually gave up, thinking... "Sad, but I just cannot do it - just finish the rest of the mission and bypass that part". Until I found the gizmo much later...

Regarding the Eye: I did that as "planned by you" (shot a rope arrow from the pool room, then ran for it, jumped over to the opening (lucky lucky lucky... just landed on its edge), and gave 'em the gaze from there...

I noticed a small alcove in that opening, but never managed to get in to have a closer look... is there a way?

Finally finished with ~11000 loot and 2 secrets.

Thanks for all the work you've put into that FM Haplo!

Quant
    I noticed a small alcove in that opening, but never managed to get in to have a closer look... is there a way?

Remember the gizmo

Quote Originally Posted by Quant View Post
    Thanks a lot. I'm happy people are enjoying the mission, it makes it all worth it.

As for your question: A better way of getting in there is finding a place to use the gizmo inside the pool of water.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    Quant

Remember the gizmo
    I've tried to utilize it there, but didn't manage to place it exactly where I wanted to...
    Thanks for the hint, I'll try again harder

EDIT:
    Thanks kittykat and Haplo - finally managed to get in there the hard, and obviously unexpected way using the gizmo through the alcolve and completed the way too rich bonus objective.
    Now I'll try to find out the way I was actually intended to end up there... somewhere in the water pool.. hmmm...
    Last edited by Quant; 7th May 2010 at 23:48.

Quote Originally Posted by The Elusive One View Post
    Brother Ghazanfar objective. Where to dump?
    Where can you dump him to make his faith a bit shaky? Somewhere where he can learn the truth about his god.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuod View Post
    Theres a readable in the basement on a bulletin board.
    Thanks, somehow i missed that.

Figured out the Brother Ghazanfar objective myself.

last

Can anyone help me with the blade objective? I have used the spell on minions (they can be destroyed after they are frozen) I have entered the lair of ihsahn but do not know how to destroy him. I am guessing I should use the blade but I do not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaain View Post
    Can anyone help me with the blade objective? I have used the spell on minions (they can be destroyed after they are frozen) I have entered the lair of ihsahn but do not know how to destroy him. I am guessing I should use the blade but I do not have it.
    The room where you find the potion, you need to find something else, which will lead you to something else, which will tell you how to defeat him

Does anybody get big slowing down of Thief engine or crashes ???
    I got it if I KOed all guards in basement - the engine is slowing down a lot and start to crash after reload:

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast