TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Insanity's Crescendo (6 May 2010) - Updated to v1.2, 22 Aug 2010

Kaain: Check your inventory, you must have Hans' secret diary. It explains how to defeat the Warlock.

Aspirin: That is very strange. Check your PM.

Ok, I've read everybody's reports on how they beat the minions but I still don't understand what it is I'm supposed to do! I got up into the alcove using the teleporter and they all seemed to freeze from my Eye of Wrath, but only temporarily and they snapped out of it as soon as I dropped to the ground. How do you kill them? Just shoot arrows at them while they're frozen or something?

EDIT: nevermind, I figured it out. So you're supposed to get inside the actual room, climb up to somewhere safe and THEN look at them from a distance? That puzzle is rather nonsensically crafted.
    Last edited by Lady Taffer; 8th May 2010 at 06:42.

Well, looks like I'll have to devote a good several hours or so to just trying to throw the teleporter up onto that ceiling thingy so the warlock doesn't get me. . I mean, that's the only conceivable way I can see of getting around behind him to the pedistal.
    So far, it's not working though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    Well, looks like I'll have to devote a good several hours or so to just trying to throw the teleporter up onto that ceiling thingy so the warlock doesn't get me. . I mean, that's the only conceivable way I can see of getting around behind him to the pedistal.
    Have you checked which pedestal you need to get to? If so go there first and leave your gizmo there - that way you can always beat that Warlock

I tried afterwards to see if there was anything up in the ceiling but it was very difficult to get it to land right

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    You have misunderstood the puzzle. On one of the half-pillars (for lack of a better word) there is a book that summons the bad dude. On top of another one (the eastern) there is a button that triggers the spell. You don't need to throw the teleporter on the ceiling beams. There is nothing up there.

Hi all.

I'm afraid I'm a bit stuck.

I've got all five scrolls, and have filled my flask with that strange water from the font. I've seen no Eye of Wrath Potion, or transporter, which I notice some of you are talking about. I can't seem to enter the labyrinth as it remains shuttered with metal bars. I've got no keys, and there's no sign of any "Hans" yet.

I believe I've explored all areas that I'm not still locked out of. What do you suggest I do? Thanks!

Polycarp

Quote Originally Posted by polycarp View Post
    I believe I've explored all areas that I'm not still locked out of. What do you suggest I do? Thanks!

Polycarp
    In the labyrinth, try to go up.

polycarp: read the notice by the entrance then investigate all corners of the room - think "up"

Edit: - whoops, beaten to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Have you checked which pedestal you need to get to? If so go there first and leave your gizmo there - that way you can always beat that Warlock

I tried afterwards to see if there was anything up in the ceiling but it was very difficult to get it to land right
    Wait, is it not necessary to summon the warlock? When I came into the room I strangely couldn't find any pedistals except the one with the warlock-summoning book. Anyway, I'll go back to an earlier save and see if I can find the pedistal with the warlock-defeating thing.

Hate to sound like a crank, but what's with the crashing? This FM has done it at least 30 times, corrupting the most recent save each time.

The shed ladder jump seems impossible. Any trick?

Every save is now corrupted and leads to a crash. Is there some sort of Darkloader upgrade (4.3 atm)?

Quote Originally Posted by Printer's Devil View Post
    Hate to sound like a crank, but what's with the crashing? This FM has done it at least 30 times, corrupting the most recent save each time.

The shed ladder jump seems impossible. Any trick?
    Another player was experiencing crashes, and his savegames crashed for me too. Don't know what the problem is. He was going to start over and let me know if it crashed again.

I'm not sure what you mean by shed ladder jump.
    Last edited by Haplo; 8th May 2010 at 19:57.

Hmm these crashes of yours, do you get a blue screen from Windows and an message "IRQL not less or equal"? Or does it crash within Windows and it tells you there's a error and whether to send a message to microsoft or not?

I've been having problems with crashes too, but thought the cause was more a problem with my system then any FM in particular or game. But still it does seem quite a coincedence that other people are also having similar problems.

With this FM i got crashes within Windows and my most recent hard saves would be corrupted, so when i try to load them, Thief would crash. Only after deleting the save or saves, could i even get to the load screen. I had massive problems with King's Story, loads of crashes. Turning the resolution down to the lowest level, getting rid of weather and high detail helped a bit.

I also had problems with another game, Fleet Operations. But when i again set graphics settings to the bare minimum, the majority of problems goes away. It would seem this is definitely an graphics problem. I've rarely when not playing a game, have Windows do this kind of crash.

I've searched the IRQL message, and it means maybe the graphics driver is not stable. But i've changed drivers and still problems.

The framerate usually starts dropping prior to freezing. Then the screen goes black with the "send/don't send an error report" dialogue box. Reloading recent saves does this immediately.

I rarely have any problem with FMs--crashing tends to be the least frequent issue. Haplo's previous mission worked fine and my machine is very understressed.

Whatever is causing the problem made it impossible to shift between ladders in the shed without falling to my (Garrett's) death. Reloading made it possible to proceed correctly, but the crashing continues.

I had this problem too. But only after I played "King's Story". That FM by itself had an awful frame rate . After I installed another mission after "King's Story" it happens as you described it. Frame rate drops, performance drops and in the end it crashes and crashes the savegames too. I had to make a clean install and do all the patching again. If it is related to the same FM to you guys maybe that is the problem.

Restarted from scratch. Got a little bit farther. Quicksaving seems to set it off pretty consistently too. Strange.

Make a clean install. Did you had installed "King's story" prior to this FM?

I never had any frame rate problems but I did have 2 crashes early in the mansion when I tried to pick up unconscious bodies that I had previously thrown in corners (checking for missed switches underneath). This crash seldom if ever happens with me so I was very aware not to pick bodies up for a while. Later on in the mission, after first entering the Den and when I'd probably forgotten about the crashes, I just went back to normal picking them up and throwing them around no problem .

I did turn Fogging OFF sometime later during the mission (a legacy from The Kings Story), for no particular reason other than it wasn't needed, so I don't know if that helped - but might be worth others checking that it's turned OFF for this fm ?

I didn't have any early saved games but I went back to experiment with those I did have - but couldn't get crashes to occur with Fogging ON or OFF. Anyway just an idea, and for the record, the 2 crashes I had didn't affect my enjoyment of the mission at all, . PS. I don't have DDFix installed.

Hi, I reported crashes early in the thread. But its not Windows BSOD crash but crash of Thief2.exe reported by message (the type of message depends on what you have installed on your computer. I have Visual Studio so I got message of VS debugger). The behaviour was exactly the same: the framerate slowly dropped to near unplayable and Thief2 crashed. Every save was corrupted and Thief crashed during reload.

What did help me to solve this problem ? Be sure you install the last version of FM with "ic.gam" file (in Thief2 directory) dated the 11th of March and later. This and start from beginning removed crashes obsolutly (I made a lot of saves from this time and no crashes and no slowing down)..

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    In the labyrinth, try to go up.
    Thanks, understood!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    What did help me to solve this problem ? Be sure you install the last version of FM with "ic.gam" file (in Thief2 directory) dated the 11th of March and later. This and start from beginning removed crashes obsolutly (I made a lot of saves from this time and no crashes and no slowing down)..
    This makes sense - if the .mis file refers to objects which are missing/different in the .gam file something is bound to go wrong.

When a glitch occurs, for whatever reason, the memory contains that glitch and thus every subsequent save game will also contain it. The problem is that the initial corruption may not be immediately apparent. The corruption will often slowly spread until the frame rate takes a noticeable dive or the mission crashes.

The solution is to go back to a save that was made before the initial glitch occurred. Of course, that may be a lot further back than you think - if the contents of the FM package are borked it could have happened when you started the mission.

Finished:
    5/7 secrets(2grates space,wrath place,diving pipe,yellow door,...)
    2/2 optional objectives (Fire,Plant)
    2/5 bonus objectives (Kill,Rich)

Haplo:
    although the mission layout is relatively simple you put really a lot of fun and enjoyment into it. The gizmo is ingeniuos tool. More please !!!

[QUOTE=Sagittal;1986401]Cardia1, exactly, .... try the kitchen for something to contamibnate the water With the forcefield turned off you will be able to progress

Thanks Sagital, i canīt believe i missed that in the kitchen, now iīm stuck again, i was able to solve the labirinth path without the help of the five scrolls, because i didnīt understand them, the only thing that guided me in the labirinth was the ambient music . Right now iīm in a room where i killed the 4 minions, once i killed them a gate opened, but now i have another closed gate ahead, and i canīt rope up to the ceiling bones, i see a hole above the gate but canīt reach it, and worst is that i canīt get out of this area, any spoilers please

cardia1: I guess you found and used Han's key because you managed to "kill" the minions. Did you get the gizmo from Hans' safe? You need it before you can progress further.

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    cardia1: I guess you found and used Han's key because you managed to "kill" the minions. Did you get the gizmo from Hans' safe? You need it before you can progress further.
    I got hanīs key safe, but where can i find his safe? and how do i get out of the 4 minions area? i can get to the ladder that is above the lava pool.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast