TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Insanity's Crescendo (6 May 2010) - Updated to v1.2, 22 Aug 2010

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    I got hanīs key safe, but where can i find his safe? and how do i get out of the 4 minions area? i can get to the ladder that is above the lava pool.
    Sorry cardia1 bit I think you will have to go back to an earlier save as you need to have gone to Hans' room back in the mansion and used his safe key there to get beyond the 2nd gate . Unlless, that is, you can use the ladder above the lava to get back - but I think that's impossible!

Possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Have you checked which pedestal you need to get to? If so go there first and leave your gizmo there - that way you can always beat that Warlock
    This doesn't help me!

I have to use the teleporter to get up to the platform with the book to summon the warlock, so how can I leave it on the eastern platform first?

You don't need the teleporter to climb up to the book.
    Leave the receiver on the right pillar and jump up on the left side of the pillar where the book is.
    When you read the book, use the teleporter then and watch

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    You don't need the teleporter to climb up to the book.
    Leave the receiver on the right pillar and jump up on the left side of the pillar where the book is.
    When you read the book, use the teleporter then and watch

Gloria Creep
    I've tried jumping up to the book, but the pedistal is too high. I'll try again, though.

EDIT: Ah-ha! It's one of those deceptive pilars that makes you think it's too high to mantle up on! Anyway, I was finally able to finish the mission (and get into the locked spare room!) Great job, Haplo! I loved how the lair was designed and I particularly loved the ambient music in the main pool room and the ramp room.
    Last edited by Lady Taffer; 9th May 2010 at 14:20.

@Pedro: You don't need to go back to an earlier save, it is possible to grab the ladder over the lava. Go to the corner of the hole, crouch and slowly walk forward until you fall. If you do it correctly you will grab the ladder. It is quite easy actually.

@Lady Taffer: Glad you enjoyed it. Actually the ability to mantle over the pillars was an oversight by me...My intended design was making the players try to throw the teleporter up the eastern pillar with the bad dude on their heels. I thought I had made the pillars high enough. Oh well, too late now.
    Last edited by Haplo; 10th May 2010 at 08:20.

Walkthrough

Hi Haplo,
    thank you very much for this challanging mission. It keeps me very busy.
    Would you mind to send me a copy of that walkthrough please?
    Thank you in advance
    Cheers, Urumo.

Okay, replaced the zip with a newer version from ThiefMissions. Works fine, no glitches.

Once the "special" haunts are paralyzed by the EOF potion, you can wail away on them until they shatter (window smashing sound + puff of smoke).

The teleporter allows you to bypass lava surfaces and survive underneath by holding your breath. You can escape without harm as well. Not terribly useful, but still amusing.

Done! Fine work, Haplo! Glad I stuck with it.

Azaran, there is a readable regarding the power to the security system down in the basement in the room opposite the turret control room. The solution involves finding some salt mentioned earlier in the thread.
    Awesome, took care of that. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    What I don't understand is the fact that it seems you are in the Den, without having entered the master bedroom. How? How did you get into the shed?
    I have a terrible confession to make. A few FM's back, I was having hard time finding keys for locks, and was tired of going around in circles...so I... put a lockcheat in one of the cfg files. I forgot it was still there.
    I was weak and impatient....but I deleted that now. I'm playing fair and square from now on

Sorry cardia1 bit I think you will have to go back to an earlier save as you need to have gone to Hans' room back in the mansion and used his safe key there to get beyond the 2nd gate . Unlless, that is, you can use the ladder above the lava to get back - but I think that's impossible!
    Thanks Sagittal, i was able to grab the ladder after a few attemps , Finished the mission, i even found that secret room with ALi photo, Ali i didnīt know you are a metal music style person .
    Thanks for this fine mission, and that translocator was a genious feature, reminded me Unreal tournament

Looking foward for more

Whew! Finally finished

13220 Loot
    3/7 secrets
    2 Bonus (Gem, Plant)
    3 Optional (Heart of Gold, Rich, KO)

So when do you plan on releasing a walkthrough Haplo?

Bob - check your PMs.

This was great Haplo, even better than UVI. Loved the gizmo.
    In the armoury, I hit the target and an Argentinean saying popped up - a clean version would be something like "the power of lust is greater than a team of oxen" (Don't want to get edited or banned)
    What are the two dummies saying and what languages are they?

Quote Originally Posted by mabsy View Post
    This was great Haplo, even better than UVI. Loved the gizmo.
    I'm happy you liked it. Seeing people enjoying it makes up for all those hours of fighting with DromEd.

In the armoury, I hit the target and an Argentinean saying popped up - a clean version would be something like "the power of lust is greater than a team of oxen" (Don't want to get edited or banned)
    What are the two dummies saying and what languages are they?
    Que barbaridad! *You* were not supposed to discover that! Nice translation, even if a bit neutral, you know what I mean!

The other two messages, one is Hungarian from the movie Taxidermia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IELi5fO6-ko) and the other, oh well, ask a Swede to give you a translation. I don't want to get banned either!

There are many more of such messages in the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    and the other, oh well, ask a Swede to give you a translation. I don't want to get banned either!
    http://www.stars21.com/translator/sw...o_english.html

Regarding other such a messages I got one when hitting the target with sword instead of arrow.

Just finished this amazingly good mission. Loved the gizmo - loved all of it. Only 1 secret and 3 optionals, but ready to play again.

Thanks a lot Haplo, great job

I've touched the register with the dirty and it changed to grey. still frobbable but cannot take it....... So what am I supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I've touched the register with the dirty and it changed to grey. still frobbable but cannot take it....... So what am I supposed to do?
    Did you get a new objective after you did this? If so it tells you what to do next. Someone else will then come and use the register.

WALKTHROUGH is thier one ? cannot find keys to open upstairs doors among other things

Thanks Sagittal! I had not noticed the new objective! But I quit playing now. I cannot stand haunts at bedtime, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by YONTY View Post
    WALKTHROUGH is thier one ? cannot find keys to open upstairs doors among other things
    YONTY, a rope arrow can help with a couple of upstairs doors by getting access to one room from outside

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Thanks Sagittal! I had not noticed the new objective! But I quit playing now. I cannot stand haunts at bedtime, lol!
    OK maga ... but make sure you check under the bed before lights out!

Ok. I'm in the Hall of Redemption. There's a bunch of demon creatures here. I used the Eye of Wrath potion, but it didn't do squat other than paralyze me. What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Ok. I'm in the Hall of Redemption. There's a bunch of demon creatures here. I used the Eye of Wrath potion, but it didn't do squat other than paralyze me. What do I do?
    You have to find a way to be out of their reach when you use the potion, because it will take a few seconds for the potion to work on them..

Bigger spoiler: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post1986319

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast