TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 fm: Darkstone Gem part 1: Looking for Info (19-05-10)

By the way - other than having a cool looking visual effect when they hit - what exactly do the dark arrows do? Is it just that they can be used for combat and to put out torches as well?

I'm glad you people liked it, i will work in part 2 later.

Yeah SneakyJack, think about the effect the power of the Dark Mages do, it's the same but into an arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    By the way - other than having a cool looking visual effect when they hit - what exactly do the dark arrows do? Is it just that they can be used for combat and to put out torches as well?
    They act like fire arrows. They burn, but also put out torches, fires etc.
    They also don't reveal you when equipped.

You're birthday?? How did we miss that? Please accept this:

HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY TO ROMASHKA, AND MANY MORE!

A very enjoyable mission! Thanks Max. Finished it with 42 knockouts and zero damage taken. Missed 160 worth of loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    A very enjoyable mission! Thanks Max. Finished it with 42 knockouts and zero damage taken. Missed 160 worth of loot.
    I'm glad you liked it Ali, did you see the special attack of the skull masked mages?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    I'm glad you liked it Ali, did you see the special attack of the skull masked mages?
    I sure did! Quite powerful too.
    They are all sleeping with bumps on their heads now.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Dark Arrows act like fire arrows. They burn, but also put out torches, fires etc. They also don't reveal you when equipped.
    they're more like water arrows that burn, since they arc in flight.
    do all of the Dark mages have the same attack? I didn't notice if they all had masks or not (since after the first one, I never let them face me!)

I had some curious experiences in the Hammerite tomb: on one attempt (it took several to pull it off), there was a mothman - nearly invisible, with glowing red eyes in the main chamber. I never saw him again. did I do something to trigger it only that one time?

regarding the end:
    the mechanist temple is awfully elaborate for a place many people won't get to see inside. I didn't realize the objective would tick when I went in the front door, and the mission ended; luckily I had an earlier save not too far away from it and got to look around. I just thought it was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    do all of the Dark mages have the same attack? I didn't notice if they all had masks or not (since after the first one, I never let them face me!)
    The masked are the ones with skull face (well they are no mages but sumonners), you have to try their special attack.

The masked are the ones with skull face (well they are no mages but sumonners), you have to try their special attack.
    I got one the one in the big chamber to shoot blue & purple flames at me (they move very quickly), but there's something else?

there's something else?
    ooh yeah, there is something else, save the game and let one of the masked guys to attack you many times (or perhaps the first) and you will see what they do.

ooh yeah, there is something else, save the game and let one of the masked guys to attack you many times (or perhaps the first) and you will see what they do.
    I could only see it in DromEd though, could never survive long enough for it to happen in the normal game.

oh, that thing that I mentioned earlier! a good strategy is to KO the archer, lure the mage (and probably the rock elemental) over to a zombie, then hide. they'll go to town while you watch safely!

oh, that thing that I mentioned earlier! a good strategy is to KO the archer, lure the mage (and probably the rock elemental) over to a zombie, then hide. they'll go to town while you watch safely!
    I threw all the big rock dudes and the haunts in the water.

I am taking my time with this. Its a gorgeous mission! Besides that, you've got a few garrett waves in there. I appreciate that, not enough FM's use the waves anymore, old Thief gold textures thrown in, nice use of ambient sounds and music. Great job so far.
    Thanks for your hard work!

A stunning mission with some rather good conversations...questions...
    Dark arrows ....how do you access them, what is the keyboard key that selects them
    Rockman....can you kill him......he scared the life out of me, I turned around and he was all over me like a cheap suit and I never heard him coming.
    Great stuff.

Finished...

Nice Mission you made here Max, the gameplay is very good, i never figure out how to kill that Stone tree beast. Anyway, thanks for this mission.

looking foward for more

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Nice Mission you made here Max, the gameplay is very good, i never figure out how to kill that Stone tree beast. Anyway, thanks for this mission.

looking foward for more
    A few Dark Arrows from a distance will put them down.

Ravenhook: I just pressed the + key once on my keyboards number pad and the arrows immediately came up.

Hello all I am having trouble finding the key to the collectors chest I read the note about the bar keep but can not find the key at the bar? I hope I did not break it because I bj'd the bar keep!! I want to finish mission! It is a great one BTW! Thanks for any help!!

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Hello all I am having trouble finding the key to the collectors chest I read the note about the bar keep but can not find the key at the bar? I hope I did not break it because I bj'd the bar keep!! I want to finish mission! It is a great one BTW! Thanks for any help!!
    I played on Easy, and the key to the Collector's locked doors was in the bar; the key to the chest in one of those rooms was in the same room as the chest - check the desk.

Thanx MrMunkeepants I went back and searched the desk but no luck then I blindly started clicking around and found it under the sofa on HARD Thanx again finished and was very pleased with this mission!! Thank you DarkMax.

I cant find the emerald jar, done all other objectives.
    Big, fat spoiler pls?

Quote Originally Posted by Romashka01 View Post
    I cant find the emerald jar, done all other objectives.
    Big, fat spoiler pls?
    Not very far from the church, there is a building corner with a drainpipe and a big crate next to it. Climb the pipe.

Still stuck trying to find the machinist's key. I've run laps around the city and can't find the civilian with the key. I'm playing on Hard, and the emerald jar objective is complete. What does it take to trigger him?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrano View Post
    Still stuck trying to find the machinist's key. I've run laps around the city and can't find the civilian with the key. I'm playing on Hard, and the emerald jar objective is complete. What does it take to trigger him?
    You have to read a book in the armorer's shop/house , then go near the clocktower and you will find the machinist there, if not, he will be in the Pub.