TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 fm: Darkstone Gem part 1: Looking for Info (19-05-10)

Thanks SneakyJack I didn't think to use the number pad...its got an inch of dust on it

I don't have a numeric keypad since I'm using a laptop. Any definitive way to get to the dark arrows?

You could go to 'Controls' in the menu and make sure you got another key selected for that option, jaxa.

It's not that simple. Dark arrow isn't something listed in the controls, and clearing what the regular + did, increase gamma, didn't do anything for me. It could be that the numeric keypad + sign fires a different character code than the regular one. Since I don't have that key, It can never be used.

Luckily I'm almost done with the mission without having to use either fire or dark arrows.

I don't mean that. Search in your controls for something called 'toggle weapon', or something. See which control it is, or else give it one. That way you can find the Dark arrows without using a numeric keypad.

They are called 'Next Weapon' and 'Previous Weapon'.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    A few Dark Arrows from a distance will put them down.

Ravenhook: I just pressed the + key once on my keyboards number pad and the arrows immediately came up.
    Thanks Jack, i canīt belive i forgot to try those arrows in that beast.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Trying to avoid reading spoilers here. I have the Collector's key but no idea where the chest is, but I'm not too worried about that yet. However, I got the machinist's key and got in his place expecting to find something, but all I did was achieve my loot goal (playing on Hard) by getting the blue chest open. Am I supposed to find something else here to move the mission along?
    Last edited by Yandros; 22nd May 2010 at 09:48.

@yandros I'm playing expert but....
    spoiler:
    the machinist's place is nothing special...just some loot...

As for the collector's loot...look for a chain in the city with very large links...it attaches to a drain pipe you can climb...follow your nose from there.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Yep, I found that and have now explored the Collector's house, found the emerald vase and taken out all three guards, but seem to be stuck again with nowhere else to go. One door on the bottom floor is unfrobbable. I'm sure I missed something somewhere, someone hint me please?

I must say this is a lot of fun, Max! I especially love your excellent use of the T1 Ambients.

spoiler:
    have a good look beyond this door

Nice!

Nice mission Max! I came up some 800 loot short though I really liked some of the texture combinations, especially in the Collector's shop. The old school resources worked really well with the newer stuff. And of course hearing the old ambients is always a good thing.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Don't remember seeing that, Sly, so I'll have to go poke around more. There was one street I didn't go down yet because there's a guard I can't get past. May have to snipe him and take advantage of not playing on Expert.

Thank you Haplo for helping spoiler!
    Finished on hard, 2h 37 min, gold found 2950 out of 3330.
    Most interesting part for me was in the tunnels and the stone wood beast, i liked to see him smashing the haunts, which i hate too
    Waiting for part 2.

Darkmax:

Thanks, back on track now. I missed that book on the floor.

Finished. 3215 out of 3330 gold. Great mission!
    Last edited by Spyrano; 22nd May 2010 at 14:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post

I must say this is a lot of fun, Max! I especially love your excellent use of the T1 Ambients.
    No kidding I love it too, very much. You dromheads should pay attention to that! Very fun mission, love it.

I agree also, the mix of T1 with T2 textures, that was great.

@Yandros, I'm playing on Expert, there were two guards I *HAD* to use a noise maker arrow to get past, other wise, it would of been impossible. I rarely use the noisemaker arrows, this time, it was essential to use them.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Just finished, this was great fun! My only real complaint is that there was not enough rooftop traversal for a city mission. There were places to get to - balconies with loot, etc. - but they didn't connect in a way that allowed you to keep off the streets very much. But other than that, I really enjoyed it.

Another time, glad you liked it taffers!, part 2 is in progress.

Just finished, this was a great FM! I really had fun with it. Good mix of everything. The end was a challenge, getting out of the water.

Where the archer patroled, and the two just standing there, it was tough to get out of that water. The fight breaks out, and I ended up doing a speed potion, and running up where the pit was, with the hammer zombie. I was followed, of course, one of the stone beasts fell in the pit with me! EEEK! The zombie wakes up, and those two go at it. While I hang on the ladder. Once the patroling stopped up above, I was on my merry way. Good times!!

Used more ammo this time, than I have in a long time, nice change.

Can't wait for part two! Thanks for this.

Great mission DarkMax! Loved the feeling of an expansive city and the nice variety of architecture - and would have loved to have explored more on the thieves' highway!

I had found the locked door (machinist's house) early so knew I needed a key. I guess there is a trigger for the machinist appearing - key on belt - as I found him just after having done more or less everything else in the city. Maybe he was there all the time but for me it kept the gameplay going smoothly.

Had to reload a few times at the end with all the foes lined up for me but made it with 80 loot short. Wondered if a brown/bronze panel in a corridor down in the crypt-type area might have been openable?

Thanks again

DarkMax: great FM. The town layout is very good. I had a feeling of lack of highs with such a good layout. But the underground part made it finally. If you put more in towns highs your FM would be perfect.
    Thanks !!!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    The end was a challenge, getting out of the water.
    I agree, but I managed to do it this way:
    I jumped up on the floating sarcophagus where you come down the rope (you have to stand on it to get back on the rope to return layer). From there, I was able to put out the campfire, which allowed me after several reloads to successfully climb out of the water and creep to the left before being spotted. From there I was able to KO all three thieves easily. But the lip on the edge of the water definitely made climbing out difficult.

@Yandros, nice to know you did it that way. I did manage to get out of the water a few times, and went to the left myself as well, got busted. I'd like to see that part ghosted.

The entire mission can be ghosted, BrokenArts, i ghosted it myself.

No thanks, I don't have that kind of patience.