TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 138

Thread: T2 fm: Darkstone Gem part 1: Looking for Info (19-05-10)

  1. #76
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: Argentina
    I understand you, it's obvious that i being the "builder" can ghost it!

  2. #77
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: Frederikssund, Denmark
    DarkMax,

    Thanks you for this great mission.
    The best I've played for a long time!

  3. #78
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: Argentina
    \/

  4. #79
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    Very nice mission DarkMax! thanks a lot!
    Seems I am only missing the vase..

  5. #80
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I agree, but I managed to do it this way:
    I jumped up on the floating sarcophagus where you come down the rope (you have to stand on it to get back on the rope to return layer). From there, I was able to put out the campfire, which allowed me after several reloads to successfully climb out of the water and creep to the left before being spotted. From there I was able to KO all three thieves easily. But the lip on the edge of the water definitely made climbing out difficult.
    Wen I was testing:
    It's also possible to let the three guards fight each other and then only one is left to conquer.

    Once I lured two guards into the water, coming after me and they drowned! hehehe

    Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

  6. #81
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2005
    Location: Alberta, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Once I lured two guards into the water, coming after me and they drowned! hehehe
    oooh, nasty!

    Actually I kept trying to do that during testing as well. But I think they were on to me. Maybe they learned from you. They wouldn't go near the water even when I did my best to lure them in. lol Guess Garrett isn't much of a siren.

  7. #82
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2008
    Location: unspoild gloam
    Quote Originally Posted by R_G View Post
    Very nice mission DarkMax! thanks a lot!
    Seems I am only missing the vase..
    It's in the locked chest in the collector's place. It gets added to your loot pile so you may have collected it and not even noticed.

  8. #83
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    Seems I must have missed something: is the collector's place that Constantine-style mansion?

  9. #84
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: Great. Now I can't get back in
    R_G - it's the building directly across from the Mech church (think TH to get in).

  10. #85
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: Argentina
    That's right Sticky, you'll know why it's "Constantine-like" later.

  11. #86
    Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Registered: Sep 2003
    Location: PacificNorthWest...Near Forks
    A Pleasure to finish Your new mission Max ! It Rocks ! A good Thiefy feel to it ! The ambients were a treasure ~

    The sequel is bound to be even better

  12. #87
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2003
    Location: Sheffield, UK
    the diary of the guard in the wine cellar hints at the existence of a secret way in is it worth looking for or have I misunderstood the entry in the diary ?

    I suppose the hammer could have had a key, but there are a couple of likely looking places for a secret door I just can't find a control mechanism

  13. #88
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: Argentina
    Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    the diary of the guard in the wine cellar hints at the existence of a secret way in is it worth looking for or have I misunderstood the entry in the diary ?

    I suppose the hammer could have had a key, but there are a couple of likely looking places for a secret door I just can't find a control mechanism
    the secret entrance is in the Machinist's workshop, locked door near warehouse

  14. #89
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2003
    Location: Sheffield, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    the secret entrance is in the Machinist's workshop, locked door near warehouse
    thanks I'll have a look

    --EDIT--

    ah I did actually mean was there a secret way into the pub that I should for, I guess I misunderstood the diary

    I have to say, having the undead AI wipe each other out is a lot of fun, yay for noise arrows

    thank you for 3 and a half hours of fun, played on expert and some of the guards were a s*d to get past
    Last edited by Esme; 25th May 2010 at 11:09.

  15. #90
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: Argentina
    Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    I have to say, having the undead AI wipe each other out is a lot of fun, yay for noise arrows
    We think the same thing...

  16. #91
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2009
    Location: Japan
    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    They are called 'Next Weapon' and 'Previous Weapon'.
    Thank you. I don't use them to call up weapons when I play so I forgot they existed.

  17. #92
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    R_G - it's the building directly across from the Mech church (think TH to get in).
    Alright, I entered that building via the climbable pipe and the big chain; but I find 3 or 4 locked doors in there which I can't open. KO'd all the guards but they don't wear any key
    Please help!

  18. #93
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2008
    Location: UK
    Quote Originally Posted by R_G View Post
    Alright, I entered that building via the climbable pipe and the big chain; but I find 3 or 4 locked doors in there which I can't open. KO'd all the guards but they don't wear any key
    Please help!
    You may not have got the collector's key yet? If not you'll find it at the inn

  19. #94
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I agree, but I managed to do it this way:
    I jumped up on the floating sarcophagus where you come down the rope (you have to stand on it to get back on the rope to return layer). From there, I was able to put out the campfire, which allowed me after several reloads to successfully climb out of the water and creep to the left before being spotted. From there I was able to KO all three thieves easily. But the lip on the edge of the water definitely made climbing out difficult.
    The easiest way: Just stand on the floating sarcophagus and aim well. All three of them can be put to sleep with one gas arrow.

  20. #95
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: North Carolina, USA
    Great job on this one, DarkMax. I also enjoyed your previous effort, Down With the Mechanists, but this is in a different league all together. The cave/tomb sections were especially impressive.

    It really was a treat having the traditional rope arrow/climbing city mission flair mixed in with the underground/mystic stuff. There was even a bit of mansion robbing thrown in for good measure. There simply is a A LOT to enjoy about this mission.

  21. #96
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2005
    Nice mission so far. I enjoyed it until now, but now I am stuck.
    I am in the tomb area, there is nothing standing now. But I cannot find a way to open the door with the description - I guess the sword is beyond that door but I cannot find the way in.

    The game can be broken thanks to the speed potion left in the bell tower.

  22. #97
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: Argentina
    Snakebite, the key to that room is kept in a Haunt's belt.

  23. #98
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2002
    Location: USA

    need a hint

    I have found the vase. Looking for info on the gem. No luck so far. I see areas high up in the church, in other areas of town that I want to visit, but cannot figure out a way to get there. Hints are appreciated.

    thank you
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

  24. #99
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2006
    Location: Italy

    spoilers pls!

    I am stuck in a couple of paces:
    1- (I opened the workshop with the mechanist key. I try to go down but I'm always spotted and killed by the thief. I have no bombs or whatsoever. How can I do???
    2- I climb the belltower and jump to a pipe that leads to a balcony. I've taken care of the archer on the tower past this balcony where a big chain is connected with the "R" palace. I cannot jump from the balcony to the tower or to the chain....Is there a way? Playing on hard
    Thanks!

  25. #100
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: Argentina
    Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I am stuck in a couple of paces:
    1- (I opened the workshop with the mechanist key. I try to go down but I'm always spotted and killed by the thief. I have no bombs or whatsoever. How can I do???
    2- I climb the belltower and jump to a pipe that leads to a balcony. I've taken care of the archer on the tower past this balcony where a big chain is connected with the "R" palace. I cannot jump from the balcony to the tower or to the chain....Is there a way? Playing on hard
    Thanks!
    1- Go to some shadow, crouch and wait to the Thief to go to the left, when he do, go fast and blackjack him.
    2- There is a bit of difficulty here, you have to jump above the chain and walk on it, then get near the fence and mantle it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •