TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 fm: Darkstone Gem part 1: Looking for Info (19-05-10)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    1- Go to some shadow, crouch and wait to the Thief to go to the left, when he do, go fast and blackjack him.
    2- There is a bit of difficulty here, you have to jump above the chain and walk on it, then get near the fence and mantle it.
    1- but when I get off the ladder it's all light and he always sees me......
    2- but how can I get to the chain? I tried zillion times to jump from the balcony to the tower where the archer is an always fall down.....

1- keep trying... it's not that difficult
    2- did you find the speed potion in the bell tower?

Done! Those are some really nice particle effects. Hard to believe Dromed rendered them.

The dagger was a nifty addition to the arsenal, although it seemed more deadly than Garrett's sword.

Bring on the sequel!

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    R_G - it's the building directly across from the Mech church (think TH to get in).
    I'm on the balcony of that building, try to climb on the roof leading to a sort of balcony, but cannot mantle up.......am I supposed to go up there?

maga - see this post.

need hint please

I'm actually a bit ashamed here. O.o

I'm stuck at the very beginning. It's supposed to be Rooftop - Pipes - Balcony? Can't manage to get to balcony

........ caropr

Just wanted to say thanks to the author & all involved in creating this great FM! Had over 2 hours of fun with this one! Loved the graphics & the new Dark Arrows; great when combatting those nasty haunts. Also, thanks for including some Thieves' Highway travel opportunities - much appreciated!

I look forward to your next FM, DarkMax!

Quote Originally Posted by caropr View Post
    I'm actually a bit ashamed here. O.o

I'm stuck at the very beginning. It's supposed to be Rooftop - Pipes - Balcony? Can't manage to get to balcony

........ caropr
    It's this way: Rooftop, Pipe, and then look down for a metal border, fall there and then to the floor. To get to the curved balcony you will need some rope arrows.

:)

Thank you very much!

I did part of the mission without ever getting the arrows, but I'll go back for them.

........... caropr

I'm glad you liked the fm, those dark mages will have a great protagonism in the campaign, part 2 will be released but can't be sure when, i'm a bit "Away" of dromed.

Thanks for this mission, DarkMax !

I enjoyed it a lot and loved the scenery, architecture, ambient, ... you name it.
    And I can't wait for the sequel !

Any news on that ?

Which readable triggers the man carrying the Machinists Key to start walking to the pub?

Is it the book on the floor beside the bed in the Armory or is it another book in the pub?

Quote Originally Posted by cavador_8 View Post
    Which readable triggers the man carrying the Machinists Key to start walking to the pub?

Is it the book on the floor beside the bed in the Armory or is it another book in the pub?
    The book in the armorer's shop, next to the bed, if you don't like waiting, just go to the clocktower and you will see the Machinist walking right there

Thanks DarkMax, I am looking forward to part 2. Hopefully it will be ready soon? I really enjoyed this part 1.

Wow! What a great mission! Breathtakingly beautiful just about anywhere, and some fun gameplay overall. Just amazing, and I eagerly await the next part.

I have only one (minor) gripe: wooden beams high up in a certain area is an unfair death trap, and they ended my no-reloads run. I was hanging from a rope arrow shot into the (long) side of the beam, and all my years of practical knowledge of how the Dark Engine behaves told me that it should be possible (easy, even!) to mantle up on the beam from this position (I had an idea that getting up on the beam might allow me access to the roof here) but it didnīt work. I plunged to my death some 60 ft down below. Ouch...
    My only explanation to this is that there must be an invisble barrier somewhere above my head. NOT fair!

Iīd like some help to tie up some loose ends, please:

* A note on the Ramirez balcony says something along the lines of "weīve hidden the stolen goods in the tower near Marco's place". Well, on the small plaza just outside Marcoīs place (which I presume is the place quite close to the starting point that has a locked door that unlocks with the machinist key) is a really high tower, but it looks very much impenetrable. Is this it, or does the note refer to another place?

* If you go from the starting square, through the gate with the note and then take the righthand passage, you come to a downwards slope and then to an area which has a walkway high up. The walkway has a roof and it is not "massive". Is it possible to get into this walkway or is it just for show?

* In the area with a card table, some loot and some chairs (one is overturned), there is a ladder that leads up to an unfrobbable wooden hatch. Can this hatch be opened? Secret switch, maybe.

* "Come out coward, I have something for you." Note in the armorerīs shop. What was that about? I was convinced the armorer had been watching me, and then booby-trapped the exit or would be waiting there with a fire arrow with my name on it! But...nothing...

* In the Mechanist church, is there a way up onto the walkways where the archer patrols?

* To the right of the church (if you stand in front of it) there looks to be a large Mechanist area behind a very large iron gate. There are some buildings, one of those huge Mech statues, etc. Is this area accessible or just for show?

And lastly, a little tip: you donīt have to find the Collectorīs key to be able to finish the mission (I was playing with such a low gamma that I didnīt even notice the box with the key until much later). One of the two locked doors (the one leading to the room with the emerald jar) inside the Collectorīs building can be uh...*stabbed* open with the dagger.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 12th Jan 2011 at 20:20.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    Wow! What a great mission! Breathtakingly beautiful just about anywhere, and some fun gameplay overall. Just amazing, and I eagerly await the next part.

I have only one (minor) gripe: wooden beams high up in a certain area is an unfair death trap, and they ended my no-reloads run. I was hanging from a rope arrow shot into the (long) side of the beam, and all my years of practical knowledge of how the Dark Engine behaves told me that it should be possible (easy, even!) to mantle up on the beam from this position (I had an idea that getting up on the beam might allow me access to the roof here) but it didnīt work. I plunged to my death some 60 ft down below. Ouch...
    My only explanation to this is that there must be an invisble barrier somewhere above my head. NOT fair!

Iīd like some help to tie up some loose ends, please:

* A note on the Ramirez balcony says something along the lines of "weīve hidden the stolen goods in the tower near Marco's place". Well, on the small plaza just outside Marcoīs place (which I presume is the place quite close to the starting point that has a locked door that unlocks with the machinist key) is a really high tower, but it looks very much impenetrable. Is this it, or does the note refer to another place?

* If you go from the starting square, through the gate with the note and then take the righthand passage, you come to a downwards slope and then to an area which has a walkway high up. The walkway has a roof and it is not "massive". Is it possible to get into this walkway or is it just for show?

* In the area with a card table, some loot and some chairs (one is overturned), there is a ladder that leads up to an unfrobbable wooden hatch. Can this hatch be opened? Secret switch, maybe.

* "Come out coward, I have something for you." Note in the armorerīs shop. What was that about? I was convinced the armorer had been watching me, and then booby-trapped the exit or would be waiting there with a fire arrow with my name on it! But...nothing...

* In the Mechanist church, is there a way up onto the walkways where the archer patrols?

* To the right of the church (if you stand in front of it) there looks to be a large Mechanist area behind a very large iron gate. There are some buildings, one of those huge Mech statues, etc. Is this area accessible or just for show?

And lastly, a little tip: you donīt have to find the Collectorīs key to be able to finish the mission (I was playing with such a low gamma that I didnīt even notice the box with the key until much later). One of the two locked doors (the one leading to the room with the emerald jar) inside the Collectorīs building can be uh...*stabbed* open with the dagger.
    * It's the building with Dewdrop inside, it's a mini tower
    * Just for show
    * It's not accesible, it's decorative...
    * That's a threat from the thieves, you see, they are in conflict with the armorer
    * Just for show...
    * Just Decorative

I'm glad you enjoyed it, part 2 is in progress

Clearinghouse
    part 2 is in progress
    Great!

@DarkMax: thanks for a fast and thorough answer. Now I wonīt need to spend time trying to get into these areas.

Ah, I didnīt pick up on the conflict.

On a replay I just found a little area I missed the first time, which gave me 15 of the 215 loot I didnīt find the first time. This mission has so much cool stuff to find...
    Last edited by jiansonz; 13th Jan 2011 at 09:35.

there is a grey building near the start is that the manor,where is the key,been all over i cant find it someone please help me

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    there is a grey building near the start is that the manor,where is the key,been all over i cant find it someone please help me
    its ok i got in,but where is the mansion

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    its ok i got in,but where is the mansion
    The mansion is the brown building with Constantine style glasses, you can get in by a pipe

The mansion is the brown building with Constantine style glasses, you can get in by a pipe
    if you meen the collectors place i have been in there,thanks a lot for the relply

Info re Darkstone Gem?

I started replaying this mission to familiarize myself with the story before starting the new sequel. I 'm playing on hard and cannot remember where the information concerning the Darkstone gem is. I know I must have missed it somewhere.
    Need some help please. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    I started replaying this mission to familiarize myself with the story before starting the new sequel. I 'm playing on hard and cannot remember where the information concerning the Darkstone gem is. I know I must have missed it somewhere.
    Need some help please. Thanks!
    Hi, the first book you need to find is in the armorer's shop near the pub. It's next to the armorer's bed, in the floor... the other book is in the thieve's sewers in a table, near a sleeping thief.

Hi, the first book you need to find is in the armorer's shop near the pub. It's next to the armorer's bed, in the floor... the other book is in the thieve's sewers in a table, near a sleeping thief.
    Thanks Darkmax. Looking forward to playing the sequel. Oh, and thanks for your hard work.