TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 271217222732374243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1378

Thread: Watch a newbie, remember your "first time"

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Really can't get interested in watching Khad's videos - but I love reading the "edited highlights"
    Check out the Swear Project
    It's priceless

Yeah, I've watched those - dare I say fuckin' hilareous? They definitely qualify as "edited highlights"

The swear project is classic.

Watching the first few minutes of Eavesdropping and I'm actually proud of him...he starts out and says, "Damn they start me standing on metal?"

So he's finally figured out that the floor material matters. Then he walks over to the front tower, looks up and says, "oh, that's wood!" Then shoots an arrow and climbs right up.

Almost brings a tear to my eye to see his improvement in skills.

Shhh!!!! Dont tell Khad and we may finally be done with him!

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    Wow...what kind of ridiculous bullshit is this, seriously?

Classical Master 2008
    Dear Legislators,

what the fuck?

Sincerely,
    People Who Don't Live in Caves

I doubt things will change for gameplay footage. What publisher would want footage from their own games taken down? It's clearly aimed at music, including soundtracks, because people can record them to mp3 files. And most choices of music are so bad that a bit of time in prison would be well deserved (e.g. dance music).

Don't forget the shouty-screamy music.

If anybody is wondering why Khad has not posted new LP's for Thief, here is the reason.

http://letscrosby.com/forums/index.p...c/190-im-back/

Taking a break
    Actually that's the reason why he will be posting more of them soon(most likely).

Saturnine
    That's bad news about his health

Okay this post is going to seem quite disjointed because I'm honestly 50/50 about Khad and the Thief LP's

Firstly I really like Khad, he's a very likeable guy! funny, and I suspect a lot smarter than he makes out.
    He has mentioned that visitors to the site are dwindling but I think it's quite possible that the thief fanbase accounted for a higher percentage of his viewers than he may have thought, I know a lot of us at ttlg always looked forward to and enjoyed each update.
    But lately it seems he is just basically forcing himself to play it and ends up just talking shit about a game we love, he is entitled to his opinion of course! and god knows he's played enough of it to come to a conclusion.
    But it's like it's got to the point where he just doesn't even WANT to like it anymore,and that's a shame, there's only so much bad you can hear said about something you like.
    So I think a lot of people may have given up following the LP.
    But I have to say when Khad is involved in the game he is an action hero! (five guards at once!) and at his most enthusiastic he has given us some comedy gold the escape from the thieves guild song was the funniest thing I've heard in ages

Anyway I'm still a big fan, I really like the guy, he should be on tv

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnine View Post
    But lately it seems he is just basically forcing himself to play it and ends up just talking shit about a game we love, he is entitled to his opinion of course! and god knows he's played enough of it to come to a conclusion.
    But it's like it's got to the point where he just doesn't even WANT to like it anymore,and that's a shame, there's only so much bad you can hear said about something you like.
    So I think a lot of people may have given up following the LP.
    I have to say that's exactly the reason I stopped following this.
    T1 was a great game to LP because it's way less "thiefy" than T2: it's shorter, it has monsters and some memorable WTF moments; he became less and less entertaining during the later levels but he still managed to put up a respectable show.
    T2 has perfected a formula that he despises and offers no leeway from it. He's way too frustrated to be fun.

Now I feel compelled to make a "Remember watching the "Watch a newbie, remember your "first time"" thread for the first time" thread.
    Or will that get me banned?
    Last edited by TafferLing; 31st Jul 2011 at 16:21.

According to his website, he recorded the next part but hasn't uploaded it yet.

And fully edited. So he should have it up anytime now.

I hope that brings back some joy to me. There's no point in being sad about him not liking the game tho, it's what I watched it for. It's when he's actually depressed when the fun ends. There were only a couple episodes like that. So I guess that's what I'm hoping for; that his spirits won't be as low.

Epic, unbelievable escape in this one.
    And a few classic deaths
    Last edited by Azaran; 9th Aug 2011 at 03:21.

Yep, crazy escape.

Next comes The Bank. I think that level is going to crush him.

Taking a break
    LADDERS

"I killed four people. That's good!"

His reaction to the female Mechanist made me bust a gut!

I liked it when he was going on about how stupid the AI were, while completely missing a gold candlestick that was right in front of him. And it's strange how he doesn't seem too bothered about fixing the movies. If they worked before, they'll work again.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    I liked it when he was going on about how stupid the AI were, while completely missing a gold candlestick that was right in front of him. And it's strange how he doesn't seem too bothered about fixing the movies. If they worked before, they'll work again.

Well, of course the AI is stupid. That's what makes this game fun and hilarious to play. You can easily manipulate guards and machines into traps and figure out how they operate. I have played Thief for so long that I can actually win a sword fight against multiple Hammer Haunts without taking damage. I never kill humans. If I am discovered accidentally by a creature or an undead, why not hack them up for fun? Sometimes I consider myself a master thief AND a great swordsman!

Khad has an interesting setup for the current episode.

Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 271217222732374243444546474849505152 ... LastLast