TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: T2 Fm - When still...(updated 01/05/2011)

Yes, unfortunately you would have to restart the mission for the scripts to correct the objective issue. But as long as you know you have actually completed the objectives you can just ctr+alt+shft+end to the next mission when you are ready. But before starting the next mission, I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the FM in Darkloader (or Garrettloader) to be sure the objectives work correctly in the next missions.

As for the Lelder objective, you need to find the secret study in the library (2nd floor) and read the book on the desk in there.

OK, thanks for the tip.

You can spoil me here because I have no idea what I'm looking for.

The library seems to be a big area of many rooms unless it is regarded as just the one room which is entirely bookcases. Was there any clue to this? If so it is probably lost in the lengthy story static readables which aren't easily available to read again. Is it a door? A switch? Perhaps an area i've already found but don't know it's the study in question? Seem to be a lot of reading areas.

In the second floor library (just the room with all the books), look for a desk with an unlit candle. Frob the candle.

There's a desk on the upper floor with two readables. I'd previously frobbed that candle. It just lights the candle. I can't see any other change and I've been round and round that place. Downstairs there are two empty desks and one with a shaw quote but no candle. So it must be the upper candle. There is a locked door up there but it's still locked after the candle is lit. I wish I knew why I'm doing this without any clue to complete the main objective? There are tons of candles about that light/unlight or some are loot.

I'll have to resume tomorrow and search that upper area again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidcal View Post
    There's a desk on the upper floor with two readables. I'd previously frobbed that candle. It just lights the candle.
    Yes, it lights the candle but also opens a section of wall to your left (as you face the candle).

I see the problem now. The locked unpickable door is only revealed when the candle is lit. I never knew it was hidden. When I first came this way I frobbed the candle to see if it was loot and it lit. I thought that locked door had always been there. So, along with several other locked doors, I need keys - else clues to keys. Logically it might be in Lelder's room so I'll see if I can (re-?) find that.

Yes. you'll need Lelder's key to open that door. The key is in his room.

OK thanks but I need more help I'm afraid.

Searched in vain for a way to Lelder's room without success. Two possible doors to the east, one wood and one a double grey or metal door but both unpickable. I have no clue. Nothing to work with and an entire mansion to search. Spoil me. I'm ready to skip to the next level.

It's a pity that all the levels are in this one thread as I've long since past the point where I would have been ready to read it through.

Search for a closed balcony, opposite from Lelder's rooms but one floor down. Rope arrow up some beams and you'll get in Lelder's rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidcal View Post
    It's a pity that all the levels are in this one thread as I've long since past the point where I would have been ready to read it through.
    They're not. Each mission has its own thread:

Mission 2
    Mission 3
    Mission 4

Ah good. thanks. When I first searched the search routine rejected both 'when' and 'still' and failed to find "when still". Not sure how I found this and since it didn't have Mission 1 on it I thought it was all in one. In that case I'll read through the whole thread to see what I've missed. Thanks for your help (I might still need it!)

'Glad' to read that I wasn't the only one who kept getting lost! Finally found the balcony and Lelder's rooms. There were several areas that might be called a balcony so I was never sure if I'd already been there. Anyway, I did that objective and even went back to Father Joe's and it checked off so I could complete the mission properly.

Wonderful FM and possibly the largest(?) I've played. 5 hours 41 minutes but if I know I've missed some stuff plus thinking and reloading time I reckon more like 10 hours to play this properly stealthily. A great FM spoilt only by the confusion. I think if this had a really good auto map and some good structured clues with player notes (like I did in Nightwatch) plus the story telling improved (the story is fine but 'telling' it via a game is hard) then it would be one of the very great classics. As it is I can only give it a measly 95% score for mission 1.

Now on to Mission 2....

I must be blind.

How do you get out of the first mission. Where do I go? I have all the keys, and done with the first mission. How do I end it please? Step by step instructions please? I'm on my 7th hour. Jeesh!

Don't know why I'm not getting it.

Janie

janiejoey - in the Closed Annex there's a door you can open that leads to some broken stairs going down. Follow those & on a bit further, & it should complete. (you can actually get to this spot from another direction, but it's very hard to describe).

I'm on the bottom of those stairs. I'm in rooms covered with gold and blue wall paper. I went a little further beyond and my objectives were completed. I'm on to the 2nd mission!

Thank you,

Janie
    Last edited by janiejoey; 21st Sep 2010 at 01:39.

Thanks for this campaign Eternauta. I was hooked all the time. I like your choices of music for the ambiance, I'm quite familiar with them

I was hoping to not be startled too much. But, it gave me the chills anyway, in a good way. Oh, and thanks for the double possibility of endings

can somebody tell me where exactly is Priscos room because one of my last objective is to warn him about the surprise arresting in the morning by dropping a letter to his table. the problem is although its even marked on the map, i cant find the place. i am seriously lost help

writing here really helps. found it as soon as i posted it

Changes in version 1.1

New map in mission 1
    Fixed problem with objectives failing to appear
    Butterflies can no longer be killed (Taffers…)
    Fixed one terrain issue in mission 2
    Fixed one room in mission 2 to prevent player from becoming stuck with no way out
    Added consumables list to the zip archive (Thank you so much Tannar!)

A big thanks to Brethren for the link:

http://www.southquarter.com/download...Still_v1.1.zip
    Last edited by Eternauta; 5th Jan 2011 at 12:27.

Clearinghouse
    I can't download, link http://www.southquarter.com/download...Still_v1.1.zip is broken.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Here's the correct link:

When Still (version 1.1)

Clearinghouse
    Thanks

Thanx, Eternauta, for tidying up this gem of a mission series - particularly interested in the new mission 1 map!

(Killing butterflies!? Some weird folk in these parts..... )

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    re: Father Joe's safe
    ... even if you don''t know music, it is simple math: b=-.5, #=+.5; 1bb## would still equal 1.
    WHAT?

I have NO idea how you arrived at
    b = neg 5 and # = pos 5
    And "1bb## would still equal 1" only if the equation was:
    1 + -5 + -5 + +5 + +5!
    (you did'nt use any math signs in what you posted)

BUT - applying what you said to the hidden letter
    I just can't come up with 4 single digits!

Specially since it did use math signs but like this:
    6 + #b + ## + ## = ?
    To me - since there was no "+" in between ## - then I see ## as 55! (and bb as -55)
    Of course the "#b" means +5-5, which voids itself out of the equation.

Granted, math was never my forte - but I just must be missing something here!
    To thieve or not to thieve?
    Oh hell, that aint even a question!

See this post. If you still need help, let us know.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast