TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Fm - When still...(updated 01/05/2011)

Like fibanocci, in mission 1 I found and read the diary in the attic but the objective did not complete.

I don't know what to make of this. The objectve should complete when you read the diary in the attic. I just tried it and it completed for me.

For those whose objective won't tick off when picking up the diary...

What version of Thief 2 are you using? e.g Is it the retail Boxed? Sold Out Software?

WOW!!

I just started this and it is huge and beautiful!! Thanx Eternauta this is amazing!!

I really enjoyed finding the secret entrance to the third floor. In hindsight I feel kind of silly for not working out the balcony route though.

As Conrad in Anachronox says "you would be surprised how rarely people look up."

This is a beautiful mission but damn. The key hunt's are driving me insane. I am in the closed off annex. There is a door way up among some broken stairs that I can rope too. Low and behold I need yet another key. Where is it and don't just give hints.

You need to find a locked door east of the library on the 2nd floor. Use the closed annex key to enter. Once there, what you find will make the 2 locked doors where you are now, make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    You need to find a locked door east of the library on the 2nd floor. Use the closed annex key to enter. Once there, what you find will make the 2 locked doors where you are now, make sense.
    Yea, it sort of makes sense. There are certainly too many locked doors to remember. Now if I can find Julius. Probably another door that I've forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    For those whose objective won't tick off when picking up the diary...

What version of Thief 2 are you using? e.g Is it the retail Boxed? Sold Out Software?
    Thief 2, patched to 1.18, (regular) german version.

Any scripts involved that might cause trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    Thief 2, patched to 1.18, (regular) german version.

Any scripts involved that might cause trouble?
    I just did the diary and it checked off just fine. I have my original Thief 2 retail version patched to 1.18 english. I am thinking that maybe something else might have to be done first. It was the second to last goal for me.

Mine is the Sold Out version, but it has been patched to v1.18 and had done to it all the things necessary to make it work flawlessly for some time. It's so long ago now that I can't remember what they all are, but all the things this forum recommends in its readmes. I am playing on expert.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    Congrats Eternauta, Excellent !
    Hi darthsLair, thanks for your help!

Strange, I don't know what to make of this objective.

@NightRanger

Look for the map over there

I still can't make any progress in the closed annex.

I cannot find the unlit torch someone mentioned. I've entered via the kitchen right at the start of the map - is there another way in I've missed?

Yes, there is another entrance upstairs, just next to the room with a letter of complaint on fireplace

Can someone please remind me where the exit is in mission 1? I have been there before with the exit key, but had to go back to compete an objective, and cannot it again. Sorry, but this mission would really benefit from a better map.

I cant even finish mission 1, but I also did find the exit, though I can't find it anymore too >.<

on a side note, where do you find out Iangus is a traitor? The dungeon isn't much help

I have been all over the church and haven't found a clue as to where Julius and Edward have gone. Other than Brother Joe's room the church is empty. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    I have been all over the church and haven't found a clue as to where Julius and Edward have gone. Other than Brother Joe's room the church is empty. What am I missing?
    THE church has a raised platform with wooden "fence" with an opening. Mantle up and look at the floor closely. Go aHEAD and see what you find

On a side note, I think fms with potential to darken the entire mission has gotten to me. Before reading the letter that you can choose the ending on mission 4, I darken the candle before I start reading. I find it funny you should turn off the lights before reading. Anyone else feel this?

Mission 2: Way to the Abbey, I've been all over the map and cannot proceed? Hint-Location please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    On a side note, I think fms with potential to darken the entire mission has gotten to me. Before reading the letter that you can choose the ending on mission 4, I darken the candle before I start reading. I find it funny you should turn off the lights before reading. Anyone else feel this?
    It is funny that you can read a note in pitch black darkness from a realistic point of view - but from a gameplay point of view I love the fact that nearly every light in the campaign could be doused or switched off. Those who enjoy the extra darkness like myself can put the entire mission into darkness and bring in the KO's - and those who would rather try their hand at ghosting without turning them off can do that as well.

I thought the lighting in all four missions was handled brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Can someone please remind me where the exit is in mission 1?
    It is in the kitchen where you started the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by rustmite View Post
    Mission 2: Way to the Abbey, I've been all over the map and cannot proceed? Hint-Location please.
    Same here, Mission 2 can someone please give us a hint for the way to the Abbey?

I gave the answer in the mission 2 thread:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post1994785

In Mission 1

Playing on Expert, I have completed the objectives:

Info about Lelder
    Julius and Edward
    Over 4000 loot (4878)
    No kills (so far)
    Diary
    Iagnus
    Prisco
    Father Joe

I can't figure out how to complete the "It's better to take a look down in the dungeons" objective. I've been in Iagnus' and Clark's cells as well as tried each of the other 6 doors and found nothing besides Iagnus' chest key. I found a key on the wall next to the stationed guard down there, but it was so long ago I don't remember which key it was. Is there something else down there? Does one of the cell's metal floor plates open? Does the unfrobbable door in the upper area near the beds and dining room open somehow?

I only have 4 of 7 secrets, and I've been to what I think is the exit area near the start.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast