TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Fm - When still...(updated 01/05/2011)

Well, for heaven's sake! Thanks, Unkillable Cat. I tried to pick that several times but got no sounds, etc. I wasn't bright enough to jump up onto the windowsill though. I KNEW it would be something stupid.

great 4 Mission Campaign. It seams really well done. I will comment that you can see the Thief DS references and influences. I must say i did find the four mission a bit smaller and alot more simple then the other 3, but that's not bad, it's still a great campaign.

Of course, Spoiler time for a couple of small things:
    Maybe another week needed in bug checking cause on the first mission, as you enter via the back door, there is like a crypt outhouse which.. seamed to float a few points from the ground.
    I must admit to getting a bit confuse over the gender of the kid.. I thought female from the dolly, the name and I'm sure a few references, but then at lest mission 4 (i think maybe mission 3 as well) say it was a HE which.. well.. confused me a bit, but was never too much of a problem
    When was this set? The Cradle was meant to have been abandoned for a long time. From the look at age of drept, i would guess at lest 20 years, maybe 30 and it appear to be pretty well known as a haunted house, yet the wife believed her kid was taken there and was still there? I'm not quite sure (can't remember the dates) of how long the kid has been dead but i don't think it was more then 10 years...

Sorry for them little bits of nick picking.. maybe if i made a big mistake and someone can explain, that will help me alot ^_^ Either way, Great missions and.. well, isn't this kinda your first release? if so, amazingly good for it!

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    Yes you can. There isn't anything there though.
    Thanks

When I complete a game, sometimes I like to go back and try to get into those nearly impossible spots. For instance, in mission 4, I tried crossing the 3 wood planks in the orphanage with a series of rope arrows and got across the trap. It was a dead end, but fun to get there.

Thanks to Nightshifter I'm able to play T2 missions again. I had a huge problem on my PC. Never mind.

I need some direct spoiler please: in part 1: How do I get up to the upper part of the library? f
    This is a REALLY GREAT MISSION

I really needed to be able to play this great mission now.

My mother died last monday.
    I needed some time off from all thoughts .... and there's THIEF!!! again

Hallelujah.
    Praise the BUILDER and Nightshifter

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I'm sorry to hear about your mother, Gloria. My condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    in part 1: How do I get up to the upper part of the library? f
    You need to get Lord Lelder's key from his bedroom. There are several ways to get to his bedroom, all require a rope arrow. Or, you can just rope arrow up from the first floor of the library but you will be limited in where you can go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your mother, Gloria. My condolences.

You need to get Lord Lelder's key from his bedroom. There are several ways to get to his bedroom, all require a rope arrow. Or, you can just rope arrow up from the first floor of the library but you will be limited in where you can go from there.
    Thanks Tannar, I really appreciate your thoughts!
    This means a lot to me!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

SPOIL ME!
    How do I get up there ...... in the library?!!!

I should be in bed right now, but I don't dare

Spooky items will show up

No kidding! It's tough!

Thank you ALL, my Thieving fFiends!!!

Gloria Creep

Congrats on the release of this campaign, Eternauta

Everything is looking and sounding and playing absolutely great! I'm still in the first mission, but I can't wait to get home and play some more

Well done!

Summer

Quote Originally Posted by redface View Post
    However, I have to admit that I never finished mission one and had to eventually skip it. Why? Because it turned out to be an insane, almost infinite number of pretty pointless rooms. I literally spent an hour just speedrunning through all the fancy corridors and got lost in both story and locations quickly. There's a number of locked doors that apparently lead to story progression, but even I if had the right keys, it would take ages to find the right doors.
    I'm in the same predicament. I like mansion missions and this one feels like it has potential, but I'm seriously considering CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+END at this point. The layout is so confusing I'm not even sure where I've already been, and I haven't come across a single key so far. New objectives keep popping up, but I feel I'm no closer to fulfilling any of them. Skipping the mission probably means I'll miss a part of the plot, but navigating around this maze is giving me a headache, and I'm getting tired of banging my head against unpickable doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jah View Post
    I'm in the same predicament. I like mansion missions and this one feels like it has potential, but I'm seriously considering CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+END at this point. The layout is so confusing I'm not even sure where I've already been, and I haven't come across a single key so far. New objectives keep popping up, but I feel I'm no closer to fulfilling any of them. Skipping the mission probably means I'll miss a part of the plot, but navigating around this maze is giving me a headache, and I'm getting tired of banging my head against unpickable doors.
    I am in same position any chance of a bit of a walkthrough on how to get various keys etc

The most important key for opening up most of the mansion is in Lord Lelder's bedroom. If you haven't been there yet, there are a couple of ways to get there. Here's one way: There is a second floor room with a nobleman standing in front of a fireplace. In that room, rope up to the rafters and explore.

Only way I could sometimes tell where I had been was to turn out the lights, and leave the doors open. Then after awhile, that didn't help.

Overly confusing maze of a mansion

This is a beautiful mission that is just a little bit too confussing to the point of taking a potentially great mission from making my best list. The first two missions are essentially a maze. An overly complicated maze that becomes more complicated with each door opened. For that reason I suggest people close their locked doors behind them and leave all the others open. It will help when back tracking to find mission critical things. Taking your time in each room and finding the secrets early will help a lttle. Because the map is useless one will still have problems. I have found six secrets but am stuck on the 7th.

Major Spoilers:
    1. Near the start a candle on the window sill next to dining room table.
    2. Gem in the elevator shaft, under elevator.
    3. Book switch opens a vent above bookcase close to locked door to guest annex. Can get to guard carrying key, guest annex and other places.
    4. 2nd floor has a fireplace with a servant staring out a blue hazed window. A small switch in that room opens the fireplace
    5. There are some rafters near the second (small) locked door to Lelders. Rope arrow up to get access to a stairwell in guest quarters and a gem in the vent
    6. In the broken stairwell that can be reached from the closed annex with exit key or from the locked door in the begining area. There is a ledge with a purse on it.
    7. I don't know...... It may be a closed vent inside the wall near number 3

Knowing about some of these secrets would have really helped if known in the beginning. The mission desprately needs a better map or better yet an auto map.

I'm stuck on mission one. I've actually completed every objective... except the loot objective! Having completed every other objective I've been pretty much everywhere and I'm still 1000 short. Next to Father Joe's room looks to be some sort of chapel with some coins in it but the door can't be picked and none of my keys will open it. How do I get in there?

Edit: There's also a blue wooden door downstairs near the room with the fireplace and the female bluecoat guard patrolling around that I can't open. I'm guessing it uses the same key?

Double Edit: I should mention I'm playing on Devil difficulty.
    Last edited by Shadow; 18th Jun 2010 at 05:02.

For the both of those doors you need the Guest Annex key. You will find it on the belt of the patrolling guard in the first floor hallway of the Guest Annex. You can get into the Guest Annex by using the secret passages in the walls.

Thanks for the quick reply! Didn't even know there were secret passages but I found them now.

Thank-You for a great set of missions, Eternauta IMO, the best release for quite a while.

Particularly liked the way each area was unique & very believable of itself - I found myself really immersed in each mission. And each mission was dripping with atmosphere: the detail, ambients & textures were spot on, while the lighting was wonderful - the type, placement, variety & the way that there was always enough but never too much. Also much appreciated the provision of multiple ways of approaching any situation & (a little extra) having a lantern go out after B'Jing the guard.

Just a couple of things which have already been stated. Whilst I really enjoyed the beautiful mansion in mission 1, I can well understand people getting frustrated with the scale & layout: returning to some room / area often became time-consuming because it could be so hard to find it again! Maybe downsize a little (or provide a big bag of breadcrumbs ). Also didn't understand why some things could be mantled & others not in mission 4 - I always prefer that everything (of relevant size & placement and which won't lead to breaking the mission) be mantleable, so the player is free to explore wherever they like.

Overall, they're only nit-picks really: a fantastic mission set (& so ambitious for a first release!)

I got the exit key, the church key, the closed annex key and the Robert Lelder key. I need one more. Where can I find it?

I can't find any informatioin in the library about Robert Lelder. A hint please?

Gloria Creep

I got the exit key, the church key, the closed annex key and the Robert Lelder key. I need one more. Where can I find it?

I can't find any informatioin in the library about Robert Lelder. A hint please?

Gloria Creep
    You need to get into the guest annex. There is more than one way to get in and the key is going back and forth.

1.Look for a bookshelf and book switch near a locked door on the first level 2. Near the side exit door from Lelder's there are some rafters you can rope up to gain access to a stairway

Thanks Bedwine, I took the rafters. Got all doors open now. Still don't know how to get the info on Robert lelder and the way to the Abbey and the dungeons.

Any hints about those two objectives?

Gloria Creep

Thanks Bedwine, I took the rafters. Got all doors open now. Still don't know how to get the info on Robert lelder and the way to the Abbey and the dungeons.

Any hints about those two objectives?

Gloria Creep
    You have the exit key. You will find the way when you use it as long as your other objectives are done. The closed off annex at the starting point has the door. One of the guests has the information your looking for but I forgot where I found it. He is posing as a manufacturer looking to buy Lelder's factory. I'll get back to you if you haven't found it before I have.

Actually, to complete the objective about Lelder's intentions you need to find the secret study in the 2nd floor library and read the book on the desk in there.

Thanks again Bedwine I just need one objective tick off here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Actually, to complete the objective about Lelder's intentions you need to find the secret study in the 2nd floor library and read the book on the desk in there.
    I read a book on a desk there.
    Where is that secret desk than?

Gloria Creep

Thanks again Bedwine I just need one objective tick off here.

I read a book on a desk there.
    Where is that secret desk than?

Gloria Creep
    Tanner was correct. I was way off. The story is a little bit convoluted. I assumed you found the secret study in the library. If not There is a candle on that desk in the upstairs library.When lit opens a bookshelf.

I'm 1:18 hours and 2400 in loot in and I have NO idea what I'm doing, what I'm supposed to do or where I'm supposed to go. This mansion is gigantic.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast