TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief 2 - Party mission

Thief 2 - Party mission

Having a bit of trouble here - the door to the room containing the new Scripture of the Master builder is locked, and will not open. The walkthroughs I have read imply it was never locked in the first place.

Anyone know what I have to do? I've done everything else. Or do I have to restart, and take another 4 hours doing this mission?

IIRC there's an orange key to open this door. Don't remember where it can be found, though.
    It refuses to be picked, yes?

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    The Karras' room opens with a key that the guard in the south hallway carries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dront View Post
    IIRC there's an orange key to open this door. Don't remember where it can be found, though.
    It refuses to be picked, yes?
    Used all the keys I found on the level, including the silver one & cannot pick it.

The mentioned orange key is probably Carlysle's one which opens the armory. Karras' room is opened by the blue key carried by Vilnia.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Cat View Post
    The mentioned orange key is probably Carlysle's one which opens the armory. Karras' room is opened by the blue key carried by Vilnia.
    Karras' room is opened by a key from the guard in the south hallway. The OFFICE is opened with Vilinia's key.

Karras' room is the one with the Golden Child. In the adjoining bedroom a safe in a column has the new scriptures.

Well, Arcanis, did you ever figure it out? By now you should have all the information you need,(by the way the information in Karras' office concerns the Cetus Amicus -Friendly Whale for those not conversant with Latin- not the scriptures)