TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FM Die Körperfresser/ The Body Snatchers (2010.06.27)

FM Die Körperfresser/ The Body Snatchers (2010.06.27)

Hallo, here is my new Fanmission for Thief 2, it's called The Body Snatchers/Die Körperfresser(release27.06.10)
    hope it works well without any bugs etc. Thanks again to my Betatesters and to Tannar for proofreading the english texts!

EDIT, here you'll find an Update Version
    http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=Bodysnatchers

Different between the first version:

Game ends if you kill an innocent (a little misstake in the Mission Quest Data)

After you killed
    spoiler:
    the real Largo, the Castlegates are open now

Every room where you meet the Largos have an Up/Down Switch now.
    Last edited by Basso71; 29th Jun 2010 at 06:36.

Cool downloading now

Thanks for this new FM!
    One suggestion though: could you edit the title of this thread and include the missions name along with the release date? This will make future searching for the mission much easier

Please don't rely solely on free file services to host your mission. Send it to Thiefmissions, Southquarter, Darklurker etc. That way we have a much higher chance to download your mission a couple of years from now.

Congrats on the release Basso71!
    Damn, ran into problems already.

I just encountered the thieves robbing the pagan, but can't get pass the gate with the very long wall. Also when i was chased by the purple thief, he just freezes when he should be just about to attack me. If i move away he chases me again, but no attack. His just stuck in his attack pose.

shadows - Use the crystal you found at Ash's place in the blue niche near the gates.

Here's an aggravation free download link until the main hosters make it available.

* link removed, mission is available at main mirrors *
    Last edited by Fuod; 28th Jun 2010 at 13:00.

Spooky atmosphere and looks good thus far - haven't gotten past the first gate with an elevator yet due to breaking the mission (I think).

I tried bashing the wooden door in which brought the woman outside to investigate and then I blackjacked her not knowing that I'd need to hit the bell (which I assume is why her door is locked?) so that was a rather funny restart. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    Spooky atmosphere and looks good thus far - haven't gotten past the first gate with an elevator yet due to breaking the mission (I think).

I tried bashing the wooden door in which brought the woman outside to investigate and then I blackjacked her not knowing that I'd need to hit the bell (which I assume is why her door is locked?) so that was a rather funny restart. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that.
    I bashed the door to her open and she came out and appeared to say something then ran off. Guess I'll restart and ring the bell.

[edit] Oops, different door, different woman. [/edit]

[edit 2] I love the slow motion potion!!! (slomopo?) [/edit]
    Last edited by Fuod; 27th Jun 2010 at 14:17.

Lots of neat little touches (like being able to steal faucets!) and I really like the atmosphere and theme. Bonus points for showing what a far away switch does in a cinematic fashion.

Also - for those of you who want a tip on making the mission much easier before you battle your way to a readable for the tip: The haunts outside and inside the castle are blackjackable. Knowing this ahead of time would have been nice, but it will definitely save some time on the second time through. I like the little scenes that play out for backstory and the weather and overall atmosphere are spooky and great.

I'm a bit stuck:

I've made my way into the room where you discover what's going on and I've opened the cell door (and the guard inside has run away) - I see a part on the wall that looks to be open-able but can't find a switch or how to proceed. I also can't find the guard that was released from the cell. Does he run off and disappear or am I missing his destination - I've searched everywhere.

I also can't seem to locate a key to the lock box in the room with the switch that opens the gate near the haunts.
    Last edited by SneakyJack; 27th Jun 2010 at 14:43.

I'm stuck with the guard and the unopened wall too.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    I'm a bit stuck:

I've made my way into the room where you discover what's going on and I've opened the cell door (and the guard inside has run away) - I see a part on the wall that looks to be open-able but can't find a switch or how to proceed. I also can't find the guard that was released from the cell. Does he run off and disappear or am I missing his destination - I've searched everywhere.
    This is the only niggle in an otherwise smart little mission:

Take the acid tincture from the table. Then go all the way back up to the top of the tower and use it on the chest you couldn't open. Then come aaaall the way back down again

Thanks - I would have probably never tried that on my own. An odd solution indeed.

Thanks for a great birthday gift

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Found a bug (I think):

If you enter one of the rooms with the gates that rise on their own before you are required to do battle after you've dispatched the final enemy the gate still rises and you are stuck.

A bit of backtracking and one confusing objective but overall a fun mission and an interesting twist on the undead! I enjoyed the Matrix-like scene of the people dying in their party room while being revived in the real world and the story was fun and interesting.
    Last edited by SneakyJack; 27th Jun 2010 at 15:26.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Please don't rely solely on free file services to host your mission. Send it to Thiefmissions, Southquarter, Darklurker etc. That way we have a much higher chance to download your mission a couple of years from now.
    That was one obnoxious web site. It even tried stealling my browser. I just don't understand why the even exist.

I just finished and I must say it was a fun mission. I only got confused once. It was right after reading the book in the tower. When you click out of the book, you see a blue glow and a doorway open. I thought it was an effect and didn't realize it was a cutscene..lol I actually went back to the dungeon area anyway and was able to finish. My only question is what or who is the guard in the cell that runs away after you hit that switch in the lab?

I look forward to your next mission.

Edit: 2nd question...What was the wrong key for? It didn't work on any doors for me.
    Last edited by Stingm; 27th Jun 2010 at 16:21.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    That was one obnoxious web site. It even tried stealling my browser. I just don't understand why the even exist.
    Or why authors use them, when we have thiefmissions.com, darklurker, and southquarter to host files.

On that note, here's a mirror:

http://www.southquarter.com/downloads/Bodysnatchers.zip

I must be stupid, but I can't find the key to the door behind the big red curtain (near the bedroom with the 'wrong key'). Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    I must be stupid, but I can't find the key to the door behind the big red curtain (near the bedroom with the 'wrong key'). Anyone?
    Dunno if its the key you need but one key is hidden in a fake book in the room with lots of bookshelves.

Can't believe I missed that.
    Thanks SJ!

I am unable to find all the loot. Got 1860 and have been all over the castle and no luck. Any hints

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    My only question is what or who is the guard in the cell that runs away after you hit that switch in the lab?

Edit: 2nd question...What was the wrong key for? It didn't work on any doors for me.
    1.He's a prisoner, kidnapped like the others to serve Largo's little haunt army.
    2.You couldn't use the wrong key? Strange, this key opens the door of Lady April Hansvilles private room.
    spoiler:
    there you'll find her diary, this is not unimportant for the story.

@Sneaky Jack
    Knowing this before
    spoiler:
    blackjacking the haunts
    would be better I know, but I had no idea where I put this info before.

The guard(prisoner), dont search for him, he's home again after you help him to escape.

Yeah the rooms where you meet
    spoiler:
    Largo and his clons
    , I know that it happens if you go back again. I was glad that the other activities in that area worked. I'm ever afraid when it's too much, Dromed says; Are you nuts, this is enough, sorry..

@Swiz
    Have you any idea how many times I used the stairs up and down? It's a littlebit cheesy, I know but you play a little longer right?!

@kittykat
    In the tower, near the switch, take a look on the floor, you should see some coins. Now it's your turn.
    Last edited by Basso71; 27th Jun 2010 at 18:10.

Got almost evrything done, but could only find 1840 loot. Looked everywhere, must be a hidden stash, and yes I got the faucets already, that was sneaky!

I think I may have broken the mission, but I'm hoping there's a way back so I can finish it properly.

I've finished all the objectives except "Spend the night in the lady's maid's room" and "Release the woman Ash has captive.".

I assume the first objective I listed above is the one that ends the mission, but it won't work without completing the other objective. I know how to release her, but I reloaded a save earlier in the mission and forgot I hadn't let her out yet at that point, so I went forward without completing that objective. But once you open the castle gates using the blue crystal, they close behind you and you can't go back. Is there a way to reopen the gates (or some other way to get back to the other side) so I can go back and complete that one objective? Or do I have to start over?

--Jennifer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast