TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Shadows In Our Blood (01-08-12), updated to v2.0 (28-06-12)

T2 FM: Shadows In Our Blood (01-08-12), updated to v2.0 (28-06-12)

DromEd fire returned to my heart a while ago, and the result is this small and simple mission which uses mostly stock resources.

I had the idea for this mission a couple of years ago, long before I knew how to use DromEd. I presented it to a few builders but they were all busy with their own project. When I decided to make a small mission a while ago, the choice was clear.

-------------------------------
    * Story *

(This story occurs around the time of Eavesdropping)

Tohid was a very popular politician who was very vocal against both the mechanists and sheriff Truart. He had foreseen the rise of a totalitarian regime made of an alliance between the mechanists and the sheriff. In his numerous speeches and rallies he managed to gather a strong following and become a serious threat. However, about two weeks ago, he suddenly "disappeared". As it always is, first people started asking questions, but gradually forgot about him. That was until last night when he reappeared on the scene, having become a mechanist and ardent fan of the sheriff. In a speech in the Soulforge he denounced all his previous claims and called himself a servant of Karras. This caused outrage among his followers who subsequently abandoned him.

Of course I never cared about any of these, up until now that is. Now that the mechanists and the sheriff want me dead, I need to find out what exactly went on with the Tohid affair. My only clue is that his disappearance happened in this small nearby city where he was going to give a speech. Checking out the local police station is a good start...It's a long way; I'd better travel light tonight.
    -------------------------------

Download it here.

Changes in version 2.0:
    - Added an optional objective
    - Extended the torture lab
    - Many game-play tweaks and improvements

Thanks to Nickie for her help with testing this new version.

As usual, there very important clues in the texts, so you make sure you read them carefully.

Just like my previous missions, I'd like to ask you not to give out outright spoilers when helping the others on the forum. Either point them to the clues they might have missed or elaborate more on the clues if they have trouble understanding them.

I want to thank the beta testers who helped me refine the mission, and you for playing it. I hope you will enjoy it!
    Last edited by Haplo; 28th Jun 2012 at 08:53. Reason: Update to v2.

Clearinghouse
    Wow! Thank you Downloading!

Thought you said you'd given up?

(Very glad you haven't.....)

Wow another fan mission.Downloading now

It looks interesting, but I foudn something that might be a big problem:

The torturer. If you ever put him into a high enough alert level to go into a search pattern (or let him go to highest alert), he becomes impossible to pickpocket ever after. Why? Because even you move out of his sight and stay silent, he will (at least seemingly) always turn towards the only entrance into the room after calming room. No way to enter without alerting him again, no way to get the key, no way to proceed with the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowgrab View Post
    It looks interesting, but I foudn something that might be a big problem:

The torturer. If you ever put him into a high enough alert level to go into a search pattern (or let him go to highest alert), he becomes impossible to pickpocket ever after. Why? Because even you move out of his sight and stay silent, he will (at least seemingly) always turn towards the only entrance into the room after calming room. No way to enter without alerting him again, no way to get the key, no way to proceed with the mission.
    Unless you actually solve the required puzzles to get the key.

Clearinghouse
    Cool, creepy mission I can't find Reza's note # 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Unless you actually solve the required puzzles to get the key.
    Well, so far I haven't even encountered any signs that there are puzzles to solve here. I mean, I've been to everywhere I could get to and followed and solved any puzzles I found (namely, basement level to captain's office passage, and switch to open Mechanist area. So could you please elaborate a bit?

Oh, and an unrelated idea: maybe the volume of the screams could be turned down a bit? Some of us are sharing our homes with other people only a mere two three five rooms away, and if I turn it down in the game, then everything else (important footsteps) completely drop below hearing threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowgrab View Post
    Oh, and an unrelated idea: maybe the volume of the screams could be turned down a bit? Some of us are sharing our homes with other people only a mere two three five rooms away, and if I turn it down in the game, then everything else (important footsteps) completely drop below hearing threshold.
    Headphones?

Nice fm btw.

Regs, Mike.

Arrowgrab: There is a clue in the Armory

Hmm, yes. Actually, I found another sort-of clue, a key that was on a guard that I missed the first time around. Probably because of the greyscale.

Downloading now! Thanks for another mission

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    * Known Issues *

- The office chairs have some transparency problems.
    ...and here is the solution:
    Add -> Renderer -> Transparency (Alpha): 1.0

I had similar issues in "A Night's Profit" but I was able to fix all chairs using the method above.

Downloading now can't wait to play!!Thanx Haplo!!

Thanks for the mission!

Hmm, i am stuck I can't get into the Captain's Office, the cafetaria and the room on the lower level... I have managed to get into the other areas though....

Also and i will be vague here to avoid a spoiler, i can't make any sense of the 'message' even after translating it

Can someone please give up a small clue as to entering secret passage?

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Thanks for the mission!

Hmm, i am stuck I can't get into the Captain's Office, the cafetaria and the room on the lower level... I have managed to get into the other areas though....

Also and i will be vague here to avoid a spoiler, i can't make any sense of the 'message' even after translating it
    I'm stuck here as well. I've combed every inch (playing on normal) of the mission that I can and still cannot unlock the cafeteria, captains office and I believe the armory. I have the cell key and the prison office key but they aren't doing any good.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    I'm stuck here as well. I've combed every inch (playing on normal) of the mission that I can and still cannot unlock the cafeteria, captains office and I believe the armory. I have the cell key and the prison office key but they aren't doing any good.
    There's a small switch in the training room (ceiling)

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    There's a small switch in the training room (ceiling)
    After searching the training room high and low again all I've found is a brick that is removable from the upper wall but has nothing behind it.

I can't find a switch in that room anywhere.

Edit: Found it. Is there a note hinting to that anywhere because that's a pretty obscure and shadowed location. I know the one note mentions being busted fooling around in the locker room but is there one about the training room?

Is it possible to get in to the cafeteria and if so where is the key

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    Is it possible to get in to the cafeteria and if so where is the key
    No. You have to take a look there "the other way"

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    No. You have to take a look there "the other way"
    I thought so but I am obviously not that bendable and canīt find any box to stand on so what is the code?

How in the heck do you get the wirecutters? I've shot water arrows into it to douse the fire and tried everything else I can imagine and they still wont budge.

I want to like this mission but you are just expected to know how to do everything.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    I thought so but I am obviously not that bendable and canīt find any box to stand on so what is the code?
    You have to go into the armory first

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    How in the heck do you get the wirecutters? I've shot water arrows into it to douse the fire and tried everything else I can imagine and they still wont budge.
    Armory as well; you'll find a cutter later

I'm in the armory - I've picked up the stuff in there and now am faced with a locked safe with a code. I've searched all around and don't see what else I'm supposed to do in there.

I can't see the code, nor can I KO the giant torture guy that somehow hears me drop into the room even when I use a moss arrow and he's faced the other way. Now there is one locked door that leads into a sitting room, the room with the executioner and his key, and the room with the barbed wire. I can't pick up the bolt cutters nor do I know the combination.

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast