TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Shadows In Our Blood (01-08-12), updated to v2.0 (28-06-12)

Yandros, I had not read carefully enough......

Haplo, terribly creepy mission, and without any undead!!!
    I'm a bit stuck........ I just got the items from the safeand headed back to the mechanist area. I'm in the jail room before entering that section and each time I try approach the area, a mechanist comes out from the main door and attacks me. I thought I had blackjacked all the AI's there except the inquisitor....... got no broadhead arrows, what can I do? Nobody mentioned this before in this thread....

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Haplo, terribly creepy mission, and without any undead!!!
    I'm a bit stuck........ I just got the items from the safeand headed back to the mechanist area. I'm in the jail room before entering that section and each time I try approach the area, a mechanist comes out from the main door and attacks me. I thought I had blackjacked all the AI's there except the inquisitor....... got no broadhead arrows, what can I do? Nobody mentioned this before in this thread....
    Some new Mechanists enter the compound after a while. Try to blackjack them. If that particular guy is alerted, wait somewhere else for a while until he calms down, and then make your move.

loot missing

Thank you for this truly remarkable FM - with the most abhorrent torture vision ever created in a Thief FM. And a realistic reflection from the 20th century. In Budapest, and elsewhere in the region...

BUT,
    perfectionism is a distressing condition. Does anyone have a lootlist? After repeated trials I'm still unable to find it all. Is there a secret stash? Among the less visible pieces I have the ring in the sewer and in cell #4, coins on the floor in training, interrogatory, and big upstairs office, wines from the cafeteria, etc. - but still missing 75.

Thanks!

There is only one loot piece worth 75 and it is really easy to find (the money box on the clerk's desk). You must be missing more than one piece.
    None of the loot is hidden behind secrets. You just need to know where to look. Some pieces are easy to miss:
    - There are two bottles of wine on the cafeteria bench top. You need to stand in the opposite corner and lean into the window.
    - A goblet behind the door in the records room
    - A bottle of wine behind the door in the room overlooking the staircase.
    - A coin stack behind the bed in the guards' area.

Thanks a bunch, Haplo. From now on I'll never forget to look behind open doors... It was item 2 and 3 on your list.
    Now my soul can rest - which it deserves after all those graphic nightmares

Csamba

help

im trying to play this mission but as soon as i turn the second corner theres a gate in my way with a note saying my NVscript is not working, i have it installed and i downloaded it from http://www.thiefmissions.com/scripts/ , im running vista 64-bit but never had this problem before.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    On the off chance you're experiencing what broke Thief for me last week, read this. You can either run Thief as admin always (set it in Properties), or update to the latest Defender definitions if it's the cause.

What Yandros said. You might want to read this one as well: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=131893&page=1

Copying the scripts manually won't help because 1)The missions uses a renamed version of them (NVShadows & tnhShadows), and 2) Darkloader has already installed them for you. Your problem is not the existence of them, but Thief's failure to load them.

Well Haplo, that was... Sick...

I loved it.

Note

Howllo, the game is very nicely play, I must admit I had to cheat to find how to get to the captain office and how to get true those wires, also the tool was not very visible from the angle it is, it look like a rod and not the tool we are looking for, I think the glove should have a mention like asbestos glove to give a hint of there use, just my little penny though, never the less I got true but now I'm stuck looking everywhere for note #2, I got 1-3-4-5 but can't find the little devil #2 anywhere, I look all the guards every corner..I just hope it wasn't on the guard i drop on top of a grid and he flew literally true it and fall into a deep pound of water, thanks for the time you put on the game for us !

The 2nd note:

Hint: The first place they would have taken him inside the compound.
    Hint 2: In the temporary cells, where you found Benny.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    The 2nd note:

Hint: The first place they would have taken him inside the compound.
    Hint 2: In the temporary cells, where you found Benny.
    doh I wouldn't have never though to look there and it was so obvious thanks

p.s. I don't know how to hide clue in my message i hope I didn't give up any crucial clue to the game, sorry if I did, and I would appreciate if someone can tell me how I can hide tips thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bleis View Post
    p.s. I don't know how to hide clue in my message i hope I didn't give up any crucial clue to the game, sorry if I did, and I would appreciate if someone can tell me how I can hide tips thanks
    Left-click at the start of the passage you want to hide &, while holding the left mouse button down, run it over all the text you want hidden - it should be highlighted now. Then click the icon on the far right of those above the text box (a large 'S' in a blue background). You should then see the selected text bracketed by (SPOIL) at the start & (/SPOIL) at the end (except the '(' & ')' will be replaced by '[' & ']' ).

Hope I've been clear enough

(Don't know why you can't receive PMs )

Well, this one's making me feel like a right stupid twit. I've found the way up to the office in the training room, blackjacked just about everyone in sight, thrown every switch I can find and I've still got a whole slew of un-pickable locked doors and have yet to see anything remotely resembling a key. I can slip by the upstairs cannon/camera without problem, but all that gets me is an empty office with no switches/keys and an even emptier bathroom with two more locked doors you can't pick.

Downstairs I can see the guard around the corner with what's probably the camera disables behind him through the window but since his door is locked, you can't bait and switch him since he's locked in, and the camera/turret is RIGHT THERE I'm a bit befuddled.

I did find the switch in the wall safe that doesn't seem to do anything anywhere... but I'm really stuck... first fifteen minutes blew through it, spent the past 30 minutes running around going "Now what?"

Oh, and every now and then it fails the mission with the no-kill restriction, even though I've not killed anyone.

-- edit -- nevermind on the killed part, I dumped one of the guards bodies down the hole to the sewer, and it appears that although he survived the fall, one of the spiders (which I didn't waste my time on) will actually attack the dead body given enough time -- which is kinda cool in a way...

In the records room, look up.
    The switch in the safe opens the secret door at the end of the hallway with cells, as described in one of the notes left behind by the guards. You'll be able to get there after you have done the above.

There are no no-kill restrictions. Even if the spider kills a guard, it should still not fail...weird.

In the records room
    Records room? Not even sure which one that is.

hallway with cells
    Cells?

There are no no-kill restrictions. Even if the spider kills a guard, it should still not fail...weird.
    Odd indeed.

The records room is the room with the bookcases. Upstairs, past the security camera, on the right. Read the golden plaque.

The hallways with the cells is directly in front of the office downstairs with the other set of security cameras. It is closed of by a portcullis.

Wait, ok... I see an 'up' in "records" to the next room, but I cannot jump/vault up there and I have no rope arrows... of course it killed me taking the time to read the plauque next to the door since it doesn't seem to even frob unless I'm crouched and hitting lean at the same time.

This one seems royally buggered for me.

You should have rope arrows.
    Which version are you playing? Not that it really matters. You start with a few rope arrows in the inventory.

Christmas on a cracker, I did have a rope arrow, but the hotkey '8' isn't working -- I had to get at it with the next/previous weapon controls... then I get to that next room and all the textures look like what happens when the system goes into 256 color mode.

Whiskey tango foxtrot?!?

I'm gonna restore my vanilla T2 directory backup and try re-applying the game again. Maybe a script or something got left behind from some other mission and is screwing it up because this is completely screwy.

Ok, I'm going to have to walk away from this one -- after restoring to baseline and re-installing the level, it makes the game crash on startup.

Do other FMs work now with your baseline?

Do other FMs work now with your baseline?
    Yup, just tried the big three -- ANIR, Broken Triad and Rose Cottage... All three of which tend to push the limits (in their own way) and are the most likely to fail... they run fine.

I'm wondering now what made it work before when it doesn't work with a clean install... downloading another copy -- maybe the file got corrupted somehow. (You'd think zip verification would notice that!)

Thanks Haplo, for this very well done 'trashy' mission !

The music just did perfectly fit the athmosphere!
    Yet I was wondering if the singers are making bad fun of the
    tortured people or whether this is just my imagination.
    The gameplay was quite unconventional - which I like - and just worked out very well.
    Very interesting ways to solve certain puzzles.

Thanks !

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast