TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arx Fatalis some questions I have

Arx Fatalis some questions I have

Question 1 There is a door in the crypt on lvl 2 on the left hand side how do you get it open?
    Its the door after the portcullis.
    I have a 72 in the lock picking skill thief character. Did i miss a key l A pressure plate ? A switch?

Question 2 What is the arrow, the single giant one in the ashes from the keep for?

Question 3 The beer mug that goes into your inventory is it of use ? Also the flute ?

Question 4 In the goblin prison near the sleeping goblin Lord ( you get the papers n keys from) just outside his room to the left is a block button cant seem to get it to work so how do I?

Question 5 Where can I get or who can send me the pdf guide I read about on these forums ? I searched the internet but all the links were dead ends or broken I would appreciate a copy of it if someone can email it to me.

Thanks for putting up with the questions of a 52 yr old rpger. I hope to see some replies to these, cause these questions have been driving me nuts lol. Thank you for your time. May you only find the good things in this life ! Peace fibroman45

1. Sorry I don't remember. But its in the guide.
    2. Ditto
    3. Nothing that I know of.
    4. You will open the door it goes too later. Actually you will come out through there later.
    5. All the links on page 2 of the thread below about the guide work for me.

Otherwise if you can post your email or private message it to me, I will be happy to send you a copy. Sorry for not knowing all the answers, but its been a while since i played. Oh and make sure you are patched to atleast 1.17 or later.

thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    1. Sorry I don't remember. But its in the guide.
    2. Ditto
    3. Nothing that I know of.
    4. You will open the door it goes too later. Actually you will come out through there later.
    5. All the links on page 2 of the thread below about the guide work for me.

Otherwise if you can post your email or private message it to me, I will be happy to send you a copy. Sorry for not knowing all the answers, but its been a while since i played. Oh and make sure you are patched to atleast 1.17 or later.
    I will pm you with my email

here my email

Quote Originally Posted by fibroman45 View Post
    I will pm you with my email
    fibroman50@yahoo.com

It should be there now. Hope you enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by fibroman45 View Post
    here my email
    Dude, you're so gonna get spam.

Just a word of caution, it's very easy to read too far ahead with that PDF guide (which is otherwise excellent) so be careful if you want to avoid spoilers.

does anyone knows what can i do with a shovel?

If you know where, you can dig for treasure.

Most notably during the Oliver's treasure hunt - side quest.

Quote Originally Posted by addink View Post
    If you know where, you can dig for treasure.

Most notably during the Oliver's treasure hunt - side quest.
    Thanks Addink, i had a feeling i could use the shovel for that purpose, ive read the whole manual and also the unofficial guide and they dont mention anything about a shovel, one of them however mention about the pickaxe that can be use to destroy unstable walls and remove precious stones from the wall mines

Im enjoying this game so far, but damm sometimes i must solve unfair puzzles, never played a game with so hard puzzles before, Does anyone understands the puzzle that opens the gate to the Anciet shield in the crypts? i got 6 purple runes that i found in the crypt but i dont know how to apply them, the clues are poor and some symbols of the puzzle are very strange...ill have to look for some videos walktrough...this game can be really annoying sometimes

Yeah, that is a tough one.

This thread should help you along.

Yeah, that is a tough one.

This thread should help you along.
    Thanks Addink, i though for moments i was really dumb to not be able to solve this puzzle, i found this video that shows how to solve this puzzle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3I3ofhXlSk

Men i would never figure out it should be this way

Lets hope i wont find more of these unfair puzzles...again thanks for your help Addink.

cheers

There are good instructions on how to solve it in the Arx Guide as well.

There are good instructions on how to solve it in the Arx Guide as well.
    afterall there was some clures on the floor in a nearby area, i guess i should have insisted more on this ancient shield puzzle, and maybe i would have figure out acording to the symbols on the floor their cardinal position.

I found this lovely puzzle where i must follow a Statue directions, the first time i only thought i had to pull a switch, but then i did never expect the statue hand would move to show me another switch direction for me to pull ...this is one of the best ideas i ever saw in a game

humm... i got to check that Arx guide, Thanks for the tip Stingm

Am i facing a bug? I am suppose to get a Dragon Egg, ok so far i found the dragon, but he refuses me to give me a Dragon Egg unless i tell hi how many scales has a Dragon, so i went to the arx city castle library and found the book "races of Arx" in this book i can find information regarding the Dragon features including the number of scales, so i picked up the book and took it to the dragon ,but when i try to use the book in the dragon nothing happens , what am i doing wrong?

If I remember correctly the answer should come up during the dialog. It's got nothing to do with using the book, just with having read it.

Btw, it's also possible to slay the dragon to get the egg.

Thats right the book only gives you the answer and won't help with the dragon. Once you read it dialog should take over. You could try to kill it but its tough. Check the guide for specifics. Hope this helps!

Thats right the book only gives you the answer and won't help with the dragon. Once you read it dialog should take over. You could try to kill it but its tough. Check the guide for specifics. Hope this helps!

But ive read the book several times till the last page where it mentions how many scales a dragon has, and still the dragon insist in asking me the same thing "have you found my treasure, human?"...i guess ill have to get the egg in the bad way by trying to slau the dragon ...i hate to kill friendly creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    ...treasure,
    Wait a minute, doesn't the dragon want the exact number of scales.. in gold ? You probably aren't carrying enough gold..

Wait a minute, doesn't the dragon want the exact number of scales.. in gold ? You probably aren't carrying enough gold..
    I didnt know that, anyway ive killed him, while in levitate mode i shooted him lot of poisned arrows, after alot of shoots i finally got him killed, got the dragon egg and used on the ultimate sword.

Does killing enemys gives me points? there are these goblins in a cave name as "earth" and "water" goblins" what they ask me is really evil, how did you react to their request? did you choose to wipe out any of their group?

Now i must find the worst threath and kill it with the ultimate sword, i bet i can find it in some caves that are guarded by though Guards wich i cant defeat yet, how long does it takes till i have enough skill to fight these knights of the evil?

I didnt know that, anyway ive killed him, while in levitate mode i shooted him lot of poisned arrows, after alot of shoots i finally got him killed, got the dragon egg and used on the ultimate sword.

Does killing enemys gives me points? there are these goblins in a cave name as "earth" and "water" goblins" what they ask me is really evil, how did you react to their request? did you choose to wipe out any of their group?
    The results from the earth/water options vary. In hindsight it's always possible to optimize but I think the objective of the quest is to pick one and make do with it, live with your choices.

Now i must find the worst threath and kill it with the ultimate sword, i bet i can find it in some caves that are guarded by though Guards wich i cant defeat yet, how long does it takes till i have enough skill to fight these knights of the evil?
    The Ylside are indeed nasty but can be slain.
    Later on in the game you will be required to slay some, but now you can also successfully avoid them without hampering progress.

To slay them, one really viable option is to seriously invest in your skills to cast fireball, but other forms of aggression can be used too.

I didn't know about the gold bit either. It should be in the guide though. As for the badies yeah I precast fireball spells and use about one each. Then swing my sword at maxed out status.

I found a nice way to defeat those ylside knights, i got inside their base and took advantage of their sleeping room to kill them, it seems the beds are a good way to make them get stuck and behave as they were disorentated, leaving me the chance to strike them without their reply and therefore killing them with a hand in the back , there are many games where i learn how to find the weak spot of the engine faults in order to bug the ai creatures beahaviour leaving them defenseless ... i only need to find one akbaa crystal to open a gate, any tip?

Glad you finished and enjoyed it.

Glad you finished and enjoyed it.
    I was going to reply to the other topic i created but for some reason someone decided to closed it, and i was going to say that i did also played "Dark Messiah" and i loved it.

Addink sugested me to play the ultima series, im checking now wich one can be acessible, it seems the last ultima game seems to be fine and has a reasonable score, im trying to remeber a game i had some years ago, its a thirth person view and it begins i a empire roman style city, but back then i had a weak pc and therefore i had several crashes with the game so i gave up on going on with the game and end up returning it to the store, i belive its a after millenium game, maybe 2001 or 2002, now im trying to remeber its name and see if i can find it to give it another go with my new pc, any clue ?