TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: The Dark Mod: Summer Vertical Contest Entry "Somewhere Above the City" (8/20/10)

The Dark Mod: Summer Vertical Contest Entry "Somewhere Above the City" (8/20/10)

My first Thief FM!

This is for TDM's Summer Vertical Contest.

2 months to make.

A new version of this is now available. Changes have been made based on comments by those who've played so far.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b07bbtd4m6jda9u

The Story:

The Builders have "lost" a lightning-attracting artifact. And they want you to find it. In a thunderstorm, no less. But there's more to this theft than meets the eye.

Since this is for a contest, your votes are appreciated. To vote, use this link: http://modetwo.net/darkmod/index.php...n-aug-20-2010/
    Last edited by grayman; 28th Aug 2010 at 03:02. Reason: Add link to contest poll

Congratulations on the release, Grayman.

Another download mirror at http://www.fidcal.com/darkuser/missions/somewhere.pk4

Congratulations on the release, Grayman

And thanks for the mirror, Fidcal.

Clearinghouse
    Cool. Congratulations on the release

So many new FMs for TDM. It's exciting!

Classical Master 2008
    Don't miss this mission. It is a real gem!

Clearinghouse
    Wow, awesome mission Great job, grayman

Hello all I have run into a problem with this mission. I have gone all the way up to the top of radio tower and gotten artifact but after I saved it and reloaded all the AI are gone??? even the one back at the start?? So I can't knock out or kill the guy.

@pwl: Did you destroy the engine? If so, the guy you want is in the lab. He is on the floor below where you get on the top lift. That is, there are two columns of elevator buttons and one extra button at the top centre. The floor you want is at the top of the right column. The floor is where the bricks are blasted out of the wall. Is he not in there?

@pwl:The final elevator that takes you to the top has one stop below it. That's the lab. It should look like a lab, with an exploded brick wall from one of the experiments. The last journal entry says Penshawk will wait out the end in the lab. So after you destroy the machine, go back down to the lab and he should be there.

wow thanks for this one and congrats for the release

Thanks for the help but have not figured out how to destroy machine I have the flask and it turns green when I use it but am I supposed to drop it or what? I do not have any fire arrows

pwl, there are some fire arrows just down the ladder by the white mushroom bed.
    has anyone gotten up to the roof without getting electrocution damage from the puddle? EDIT: duh, the old "fire arrow at switch" trick

I'm at the same point as pwl (not finished), and I wanted to report a bug. during this last session I had no text for my inventory - no labels for items or numbers on arrows. I picked up the artifact from the top of the tower and the screen froze (the game was still running, but the fps was down to Frames Per Minute). I'm about to restart and see if it continues. EDIT: the no-text thing did reoccur, but the game continued and finished with no freezes.
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 20th Aug 2010 at 18:37. Reason: finished

Thanks I will go back and look for them but are you refering to the mushroom bed just under the machine because I didn't see any?? as for getting shocked I just used an arrow on the button at top of ladder

Edit: After posting I found what I needed!! Grayman This was awesome!! Look forward to more in the future!!!
    Last edited by pwl; 20th Aug 2010 at 18:42. Reason: Added text

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    I wanted to report a bug. during this last session I had no text for my inventory - no labels for items or numbers on arrows.
    I think this is a TDM bug. I get this behavior from time to time on different missions.

I assume the machine/engine is the one with the red glowing tubes on the top. But how to destroy? The is a wheel and 3 buttons on the backside...

Quote Originally Posted by UglyEd View Post
    I assume the machine/engine is the one with the red glowing tubes on the top. But how to destroy? The is a wheel and 3 buttons on the backside...

The machine can be destroyed by placing a white flask next to it. (Either the one you took from the chest in the mine, or one of the frobbable flasks on the table on the level beneath the roof.) Then stand away and shoot a fire arrow at the flask.

Hope that helps.

A new version (1.1) of this mission is now available. You'll find a link at the top of this thread.

Thanks to those who've played so far.

Awesome Mission!!

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying this mission

Just read I have to go back up the tower and destroy the machine, but that's ok, there's an elevator Liked the 'floor' lights outside the elevator telling you each floor. Wish each floor was available for exploration too

What do I do with the temple? Wandered around for an hour down in the mines when I came across it, just don't know what to do with it

What are all the objectives on 'easy'? Can't scroll down the list for some reason (on any mission with more than 4 objectives)...

I really liked the intriquisy with the clock tower. The fps slowed down up there, but I don't mind. I enjoyed looking up at it. I wonder what the fps would be if all those gears actually moved

after destroying the machine i get this cutscene with the two hammerites speaking, but then the cutscene gets imobilized in the hammerite artifact, some bug i might be facing?
    Last edited by Cardia; 18th May 2013 at 19:26.

I need help with this mission. I'm at a dead end down in the tunnels where the 3 spiders are and the dead guard. Theres also some marble and columns. and in the middle of the marble wall is a marble tile that looks like it might open. I can't find any switches for it though, so is it just decoration? And if so, how do I get out of here other than to backtrack?