TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Bathory Campaign 3.0 New Dark (25/03/2013)

I know I'm going to feel very silly about three minutes after posting this, but here goes anyway:

In the Prologue, I have picked up the seal from the painting, and I'm fairly sure that it goes on the statue above the crypt grating. But the statue doesn't seem frobbable and neither does the pedestal it stands on. Is there something else I have to do first?

Edit: I think I must have just beat my own best time for post-posting self-enlightenment.

The new version looks great, BTW. Looking forward to finding out how it ends.
    Last edited by Fraser; 8th Sep 2010 at 00:05.

c'mon Fraser, share.

I'm still running around trying to work out what to do with the seal.

Quote Originally Posted by canetoad View Post
    c'mon Fraser, share.

I'm still running around trying to work out what to do with the seal.

The seal is to be used in two different places:

- The first is by the statue in the back yard. That opens a grating in the ground. This allows you to enter the mansion via some catacombs.

- The second is next to a door on the upper floor of the mansion.

Thank you jiansonz. I remember this from the first release of the mission but I still think I'm missing something to proceed.

I have the seal but still have not completed the final objective of the Prologue - find handwritten evidence from Elizabeth Bathory.

Quote Originally Posted by canetoad View Post
    I have the seal but still have not completed the final objective of the Prologue - find handwritten evidence from Elizabeth Bathory.
    Have you been in the bedroom yet? In there, go to the mirror, light a candle and read what´s on the desk.

I have it now thanks. I was thinking too much about the original missions and expected this to end in a different place.

BTW, Sensut this is absolutely magnificent. Even though the first missions are recognisable, it's like playing a whole new set of missions. I didn't think the castle in Blood and Ice could be improved on but you have done it.

Fantastic set of missions, Sensut - you took us on a great journey with, IMO, one of the very best stories yet told with the Dark Engine: & one which remained the focus of the missions from start to finish. And with loads of very classy gameplay, architecture, detail (&...well...pretty much everything else!) along the way.

A bonus, for me, was the way unarmed AI were as readily BJ'd when alert as when not - after all, they're unarmed & I'm not! I'm hoping more authors do this.

Particularly enjoyed the 'climactic' part of Pagan Fear - & teasing that b***h Luca into following me around for a while before I finally relented & blew her up

Huge achievement, Sensut, & like Dracula, a story you're obviously passionate about - & it shows. Three

I decided to play this marvelous campaign but i have run into a problem
    In Prologue: How do i make an impresion of the key that i found in the jandarmerie?
    I've been in the workshop and try to use the key on a device that's on the left as you enter and no luck..

OK, at my wits end in Menial

I still cannot find the chimney key in Menial. Which tower is it in?

InfinituS - you make the impression using the wax on the Lieutenant's (?) desk in the Jendarmerie; use the impression in that machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiz View Post
    OK, at my wits end in Menial

I still cannot find the chimney key in Menial. Which tower is it in?

From where you leave the "prison" part at the very start of the mission, go (counterclockwise, if you look from above) about halfway around the castle. There is a gate area there that you can pass through. The inner part here has the base of a sloping walkway that leads up to a lone guard that has a purse you can steal. The outer part here has a tower with a ladder to an upper room. Search the upper room in this tower.

(BTW, the lock you use the chimney key on is close to the base of this tower)

I hope my explanation is detailed enough. I had overlooked this place myself - was stuck for about an hour.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 8th Sep 2010 at 10:17.

Phew, thanks. I'd been running all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    InfinituS - you make the impression using the wax on the Lieutenant's (?) desk in the Jendarmerie; use the impression in that machine.
    Thanks a lot Can't believe i've missed that

menial

despite all the clues i am stuck,i have the captains key and lockpickes,i am down in the secret chambers,near the large beetle, i cant find a way into the fortress, i cant find anywhere to use the seal,i keep reading about an elevator,i cant find one, could someone please help.thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    despite all the clues i am stuck,i have the captains key and lockpickes,i am down in the secret chambers,near the large beetle, i cant find a way into the fortress, i cant find anywhere to use the seal,i keep reading about an elevator,i cant find one, could someone please help.thankyou
    What I think you need to find now is the key to the elevator room. A bit to the left of the entrance door to the Forge is a large room you can enter. The inner left corner of this room is lit up, and you can grab the elevator room key there.

(BTW, there is actually a place to use the seal down in the part of the catacombs you have already seen, but it only leads to an optional secret room).

I'm replaying the series again to see all the things I missed and now I have a few questions about Menial Faithfulness.

In the very beginning when you're wandering around the fortress, I noticed a few places with locked doors that I can't find any keys for. They're not necessary for progressing further in the game, it just seems like they're doorways to some rooms with extra stuff in them. How do I open these locked doors?

Fallen

OK I have gone a long way in this one and done all objectives but waking Drakula I can't find the flask!

EDIT:Of course as soon as I posted I found it!!

Sensut this is amazing!!!!
    Last edited by pwl; 8th Sep 2010 at 19:57.

Clearinghouse
    Finished the campaign and I'm amazed. Absolutely fabulous, Sensut! Thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    I'm replaying the series again to see all the things I missed and now I have a few questions about Menial Faithfulness.

In the very beginning when you're wandering around the fortress, I noticed a few places with locked doors that I can't find any keys for. They're not necessary for progressing further in the game, it just seems like they're doorways to some rooms with extra stuff in them. How do I open these locked doors?
    What doors are you referring to? I loaded up a late save game from this mission and went back there to have a look. I can´t find any frobbable doors I haven´t opened, so I guess they were either pickable or I had found the keys.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    What doors are you referring to? I loaded up a late save game from this mission and went back there to have a look. I can´t find any frobbable doors I haven´t opened, so I guess they were either pickable or I had found the keys.
    Hmm. . well there are really only two areas I can't access yet. I'll try to describe where they are---there's a building outside on the upper ramparts that has locked doors and what looks like a small moveable drawbridge covering them. Looking in through the slots in the door, it looks like another armory-type room where I'll likely find arrows or some other equipment.
    The second place is at the top of that really tall tower---the one you climb up tons of ladders to get to. There's a locked wooden door at the very top.

Also, I'm a little confused by the ambiguous wording of the objective "It would be good to get some money. ." How much? Is there a certain amount you have to collect before it will tell you you've completed the objective or do you have to find a fence somewhere and exchange all your collected loot for currency? (actually, that'd be kind of cool if you could do that in an FM)

Note: I can't lockpick or break open any of these doors.

Edit: Ok, I just figured out how to get into the room with the drawbridge thingy and it is indeed the armory, however I've discovered a third locked door I can't get into and can't pick open. When you go up the stairs in the outer garrison (where the privies and the drunk guard are,) walk along the wooden parapet and then enter a tunnel in the wall you'll end up at the door. Through the slats I can see it's some kind of room with a lantern, a ladder leading upwards and a sleeping guard.
    Last edited by Lady Taffer; 9th Sep 2010 at 04:17.

Hmm. . well there are really only two areas I can't access yet. I'll try to describe where they are---there's a building outside on the upper ramparts that has locked doors and what looks like a small moveable drawbridge covering them. Looking in through the slots in the door, it looks like another armory-type room where I'll likely find arrows or some other equipment.
    Ah, OK, this one I know. You can get in here through a winodw high up, by roping up on the row of wooden beams facing the fortress.

The second place is at the top of that really tall tower---the one you climb up tons of ladders to get to. There's a locked wooden door at the very top.
    IIRC, I could pick this door. You need to get the rope really close, so the hatch still highlights when you bring out the picks. (Note: If I do not remember it correctly, then I had a key that worked... )

Also, I'm a little confused by the ambiguous wording of the objective "It would be good to get some money. ." How much? Is there a certain amount you have to collect before it will tell you you've completed the objective or do you have to find a fence somewhere and exchange all your collected loot for currency?
    None of this. There is a certain (non-loot) bag with money you can grab, just before the mission ends when you have opened the safe that gets you caught.

Edit: Ok, I just figured out how to get into the room with the drawbridge thingy and it is indeed the armory, however I've discovered a third locked door I can't get into and can't pick open. When you go up the stairs in the outer garrison (where the privies and the drunk guard are,) walk along the wooden parapet and then enter a tunnel in the wall you'll end up at the door. Through the slats I can see it's some kind of room with a lantern, a ladder leading upwards and a sleeping guard.
    This sounds like the underground passage back to the second (?) outer guard tower counted from the "prison" area you started in. It´s possible that you have already been in here. Strange that you don´t have anything that can open this door. I know I could.

IIRC, I could pick this door. You need to get the rope really close, so the hatch still highlights when you bring out the picks. (Note: If I do not remember it correctly, then I had a key that worked... )

No, you don't need a rope arrow to get to this door, the ladder goes right up to it. Anyway, my lockpicks don't work on it. Strange. .maybe there's a glitch that's preventing them from working there, or maybe I didn't pick up something I should have picked up while I was in the prison area.

Ah, so it´s a wooden door at the highest level and not a hatch. Now I´m really confused as to where you are...

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    This sounds like the underground passage back to the second (?) outer guard tower counted from the "prison" area you started in. It´s possible that you have already been in here. Strange that you don´t have anything that can open this door. I know I could.
    It's in Menial F., no? There is a key on the woodden parapet beside the archer, or if you come from the prison area (from above) there is a same key on the ground under the pew with the sleeping guard. Both opens the same door.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924 ... LastLast