TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Of The Sinister Awakening (15 Sept, 2010)

T2 FM: Of The Sinister Awakening (15 Sept, 2010)

Hi all

Here is another mission for you. This time I decided to do things a bit differently.
    The base of this tiny mission comes from an abandoned level by Redface. He kindly gave me the permission to go ahead and finish it to my own story and vision. In this mission I have experimented with certain puzzle types and game play elements. I hope you will find it enjoyable.

============================

* Story *

(This mission happens after the events of Insanity's Crescendo which was in turn sequel to Unholy Vivid Innocence. Although not necessary, I recommend you to finish UVI and IC first before playing this mission, if you haven't already.)

After the fall of The Warlock by my hands, his follower fell into disarray. A strange plague befell the monks of his monastery. The rest of his order were hunted down by the mechanists. The last black wizard prosecuted was Lord Abbath, who was arrested and executed yesterday.

It is rumoured that Lord Abbath was in possession of a very important artifact belonging to The Order. Before his arrest, he ordered his trusted servant to escape to his rarely-used mountain retreat, taking the artifact with him. Apparently the mechanists will be dispatching a group to the area in order to retrieve the artifact. I'd better act quickly before the mechanists beat me to it, or worse...

============================

Get it from here.

Just like my previous missions, I'd like to ask you not to give out outright spoilers when helping the others on the forum. Either point them to the clues they might have missed or elaborate more on the clues if they have trouble understanding them.

I'd want to thank the beta testers who helped me refine the mission, and you for playing it.
    Last edited by Haplo; 14th Sep 2010 at 21:01.

It's a HIT taffers!!!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

This is an unexpected and nice surprise - thanks Haplo (and Redface) - downloading now!

Haplo is an FM-making machine!

Downloading, can't wait dude!

No sleep tonight! - Thanks!

RIGHT!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kece View Post
    No sleep tonight! - Thanks!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Your mission releases are always special news, Haplo - Thank-You

(Yeah, who needs sleep, anyway?)

Wow. Great creepy ambience. However, I am stuck. I'm in Abbath's house but can't seem to get anywhere. I've been through the cellar (can't move a brick in the wall, nor do I know what to do with a section of pipe that highlights, nor can I find a key for the caged-in area), I've also been through the rest of the house - upstairs & down, but aside from loot and having searched every blasted nook & cranny, I can't find a darn thing, let alone the darn shed key! No rope arrow to mantle up to the broken balcony off the Lord's bedroom, either. Too many things are 'stuck' or won't budge. A little nudge in the right direction would be appreciated, thank you.

Btw; I almost jumped out of my skin when I got upstairs to the sleeping area for the first time & was looking at the spinning pocketwatch when a voice said, 'BEHIND YOU!' Also, it's REALLY creepy the way the ghost on the main floor seems to turn & watch you no matter which direction you go. So much for falling asleep anytime soon!

Thanks Dia. Check the bathroom carefully.

Just finished, really great mission Haplo!
    A few things:

1. I almost, ALMOST, had to come online and ask about the shed key. Finally found it myself- very tricky! That's the only thing that really stumped me, but the puzzles were fantastic nonetheless. I love how everything is accomplished with run of the mill carpentry tools instead of elaborate thieving equipment. It's like a do-it-yourself thief experience.
    2. The Undying sound effects. I recognized that "JAHMMMD!" immediately! God that game kicks ass, it's such a travesty that it sold like...5 copies.
    3. The part where the new enemies rush in at the end got pretty damn brutal! Were they all suppose to rush you simultaneously once you got near the basement? I was fighting off like 6 at once! Not that I didn't feel utterly badass when I finally won but still...
    4. The whole mission was visually stunning, but that final room was freaking awesome! Really cool effect on the floor, and that spiral staircase was ace! My screenshot key hurts from being pressed too much...

So when is your next one coming out Haplo? Next week?

Whoa. This is some bad-assed spooky stuff! Thanks for the hint, Haplo. I'm going to have to put this one aside tonight - I really need to get some sleep.

what do i do with the thing i got from the shed?

Clearinghouse
    Thanks, Haplo! Downloading...

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    what do i do with the thing i got from the shed?
    You can use it somewhere in the basement.

Ahhh thanks, I was wondering what it does =). Great mission with straightforward logic, besides the shed key, and hella creepy when you first approached the mansion! I hope the next mission will be as awesome as this, you must be some puzzle maker genious

Whee! Just finished this one. Some devious little puzzles you have there. And one of the few times I didn't get rid of 'them' at the beginning. I had an inkling they would help.

i liked this mission thank you halpo

1540/1700 loot

took me 50 min to beat it with no help

Congrats on the release!

The download doesn't appear to work...

Stuck!

Cool FM so far.
    I can't seem to find what the void key unlocks.
    I've found the elemental locks, but can't find the keys for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cogline View Post
    Cool FM so far.
    I can't seem to find what the void key unlocks.
    I've found the elemental locks, but can't find the keys for them.
    Hint 1: Read the servant's note again.
    Hint 2: Find the lord's ghost.
    Hint 3: Been to the attic?
    Last edited by Haplo; 15th Sep 2010 at 05:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Been to the attic?
    Thanks. Yes. I just had to look harder.

Some some help please, I can't seem to climb through the outside window into the room, where the door is jammed. No matter how i do it, i can't mantle up and there are no crates around. I must be missing something. Already explored the house and this seems to be the only way to further this mission. thanks!

You can't climb through that window, you will have to solve a couple of puzzles to get there.
    Red the servant's note again.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    Some some help please, I can't seem to climb through the outside window into the room, where the door is jammed. No matter how i do it, i can't mantle up and there are no crates around. I must be missing something. Already explored the house and this seems to be the only way to further this mission. thanks!
    You'll have to find a key on the roof

Where to use the fire key?