TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5101516171819202122232425303540455055 ... LastLast

Thread: [Minecraft] Official TTLG server

Server updated to hMod b125 and Minecraft Server 0.2.4. Sorry for having a life GUYS

More seriously, sorry for not updating earlier. I wish the auto-update would work already.
    I added the mobs back in, tell me if they get annoying. The Alpha client update seems to run awfully bad on my laptop now. Still I don't usually play on this computer.

Also, here's my stance on cheating mods and duping: they are fine on the server until duping, mobs and health are fixed. After that, this is a RP server whether you like or not.
    Though maybe we can imagine weeks where everyone could /item all kinds of stuff on a copy of the world? Any ideas?
    Last edited by Briareos H; 11th Nov 2010 at 06:12.

It is a tad annoying to have to make a giant stack of earth/sand every time you want to take aerial photos, though (and concommitant destruction of it afterward). "A little to the left? *sigh* Ok..."

That'd be the sort of thing I'd use the fly hack for.

Until all client side cheats such as this and duping cannot be done, I really don't see what laws we should have, people are being creative anyway.

And until the day the server restarts again and is non-dupable, non-cheatable, full of creepers and you can actually die, then there's not much laws you can have in place other than not having people ruin others work.

exactly

Ok so apparently creepers are in now. Like all mobs they cannot be killed but they do explode instantly as soon as you get close to them. I suggest you remove them asap if it's possible or soon we won't have much of a city left.

I hate to ask this when it has just been moved, but could we move the relocated TTLG logo again? It looks really out of place. From the spawn point it's half obscured by the hill, and it's blocking my lighthouse I think we should still have one somewhere, preferably visible from spawn. Maybe over the waters, high in the sky, somewhere in the horizon?

Quote Originally Posted by Manwe View Post
    Ok so apparently creepers are in now. Like all mobs they cannot be killed but they do explode instantly as soon as you get close to them. I suggest you remove them asap if it's possible or soon we won't have much of a city left.

The Alchemist
    I laid down track from warp point TRAIN to where our road ends which is just about at the pyramid, and I put a cart and a power cart, but I'm not sure how to get the power cart going, it's not working as well as it did on Tigral's server.

"Unknown host 'xxxxx.xxx'" ?

edit: NVM
    Last edited by zombe; 11th Nov 2010 at 18:07.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroakie View Post
    I hate to ask this when it has just been moved, but could we move the relocated TTLG logo again? It looks really out of place. From the spawn point it's half obscured by the hill, and it's blocking my lighthouse
    I chose the new location because it wasn't actually blocking anything from the spawn point - including your lighthouse:

I was going to dig away the hill once it was completed but someone's built a minecart track on top of it now. Not to worry - I think you can still tell what it is even if someone planted trees on top of it...

The minecart track on the hill by the spawn is temporary. I just built it there to test things out.

Feel free to tear it down if it gets in the way.

Also, be careful. SMP minecarts won't die until health gets fixed, so only put them where you know you want them.

Flyhack for MC 1.2.2 as requested : link

Quote Originally Posted by Eldron View Post
    Just uploaded my graphics replacement pack and gave it its own place, it's graphics-pack compatible with the new minecraft version:

http://www.eldpack.com
    Using this on my laptop install. LOVE it. Going to get it on my PC tonight. Great job! My favorite by far.

Also, Al_B: Leave your TTLG logo as it is. It is fine, and you've been very patient with everyone telling you where to put it, tear it down, and build it again.
    Last edited by gunsmoke; 11th Nov 2010 at 18:04.

Quote Originally Posted by zombe View Post
    "Unknown host 'xxxxxxx.xxx'" ?

edit: NVM
    DUDE delete that damn link.
    Last edited by gunsmoke; 11th Nov 2010 at 18:05.

You're right, from the spawn point it's ok. I was actually thinking of from that sand patch in the pic. I guess if you remove that hill it'll look better. Pretend I never asked then.

hey kroak: From where we lined the tunnel and made the bridge the other day, tanzanite (zombe) built a road to my front door, and I landscaped and hardscaped the entire front yard of my stronghold. Also, changed it from sand to soil/grass and planted reeds on the shoreline. Check it out sometime.

Slightly OT, but kind of interesting.

About all gameplay changing mods / fixes / etc (also: no support != ban):
    Quote Originally Posted by LightWarriorK
    The rule has been in place since before I joined the forums, and those who started it were in close contact with Notch. Regardless, it'd still be their decision and not Notch's, as he doesn't run the forums. If you need to go higher up, citricsquid would be the one to talk to.

Specifically the rule is that no discussion on custom clients or changes to the client may be discussed, as they are not approved changes to the game. Essentially it means that that if the .jar has been modified then it is no longer "Minecraft," and as the "official forum" we will not support it.

The distinction is not made between SP and MP, so neither would be allowed.

Mods that do not change or replace the .jar are still allowed. Things like textures or stand alone programs like map generators, importers, and editors.

Should Notch release the code as open-source, as he intends when the game is "finished," or if he adds official support for client-side mods, then we'll probably change the rules.

As for other hacks of the client that may be around here, we moderators are fairly few, and really rely on others to report when rules are broken. If there are others that are tampering with the .jar file, they will (and do) get the same treatment when found: removal.

I realize that the ban on posting and discussing client mods and hacks here may not make any sense to you, but please try to see it from Notch's perspective, as can be extrapolated from his blog: Changing the client alters the way the game is intended to be played. He doesn't want people flying through walls or flying around. If he did, he would have included them as features. He still might (for Creative), but that is his choice and no one else has that right. He makes the game as he sees fit, and we pay to play the game that is provided for us. To alter the code without his permission in such a way that the game is altered is to undo the work he is doing, and (IMHO) those who respect what he is accomplishing would not seek to subvert it.

The short answer is, again, that as long as Notch does not support client-side mods and hacks, this forum will not either.

I hope that helps.
    So, in fact a large portion of their modding subforum is illegal by their own rules - interesting. While legally notch is on solid ground - morally (you must play it his way or fuck off) i call shenanigans.

So, most of the essential (to me) SP mods are in danger of being noticed and deleted (Luckily, for a few of them - i am the author. No danger of losing them).

LOL. Listen to the ARROGANCE of that dingleberry. God....

Anyway, the fucking menu of the game has an option for MODS/textures...jesus. He's adding support soon, obviously. Why ban people now for getting a head start?

To be honest, as it stands right now flying around is not to much of a problem (although anything built like this will always be inferior to a 3 stack of dirt placed by hand without it) specialy for really large projects and hard to reach areas. But when damage / duping bugs / and other exploits are removed I do hope you do not update it to work with the game.

On another note when damage and such goes live you said this will be an RP server, care to expand on that a little? are we talking about full blown RP with In Char acting?

No, the limitations inherent to Minecraft are enough. There will be no particular rules, it just meant no artificial ways of progressing through a world, and an emphasis on collaborative play. Maybe around a general theme (e.g. TTLG and its alpine estates).

It would also be nice to see as little direct references to the real world as possible, meaning that a library including the goddammit chronicles is very fine while a 50 foot mario is :rolleyes:. But I will never enforce that, people make fools of themselves as they wish.

El Shagmeister

*Slaps you a bit*

Oi, don't diss the Mario statue. Whoever did it rocked me sock from that beaut

Quote Originally Posted by Tonamel View Post
    Also, be careful. SMP minecarts won't die until health gets fixed, so only put them where you know you want them.
    They can be recovered by pushing them into a cactus. I'm assuming lava/fire would also work.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    *Slaps you a bit*

Oi, don't diss the Mario statue. Whoever did it rocked me sock from that beaut
    I did. That and the Koopa Trooper. And I feel dirty now.

Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5101516171819202122232425303540455055 ... LastLast