TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 491419242934394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1472

Thread: [Minecraft] Official TTLG server

The pyramid is quite useful; I have my base & tower near to it and its obsidian base can be seen in the distance to show my friends (non-crafters) what people can do. After the initial "wow"s I finally show them the map - "See the pyramid there? Now you get a sense of scale."

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Damnit, hopelessly addicted again...how did this happen?

Makes me think of that new t-shirt mojang has...I wouldn't mind having that shirt.

OK, the lag on anodal is just too frustrating. I'll try out necival's when I get permissions, but I have yet to see anyone playing there.

Anyone know of any other decent servers to try out?

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    OK, the lag on anodal is just too frustrating. I'll try out necival's when I get permissions, but I have yet to see anyone playing there.

Anyone know of any other decent servers to try out?
    I'm on necival's from time to time, can't say I've noticed any lag there.

Other servers:
    play.got-blocks.net you'll get banned if you fly though

2b2t.net - anarchy server posted on v and b

Does the overground train thing link up to my subway somewhere? I seem to remember that it does but I can't remember where.

Also, I gave up on using boosters on my subway line. Just way too glitchy at the time in SMP.

Really? Am I the only one having little to no trouble with minecart travel?

The boosters on my railway work great. There's an uphill booster that fails somewhat rarely, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    Does the overground train thing link up to my subway somewhere? I seem to remember that it does but I can't remember where.

Also, I gave up on using boosters on my subway line. Just way too glitchy at the time in SMP.
    Yeah, travel to the red brick stophouse and there is a jump into tunnels I made to reach your massive network.

anodal: 1.5 - when? I have time to loose while I can't play Portal 2

Updated. Has it been out for long?

Running for me now, thanks - can't tell for the exact outage, because I took a short break to prepare food.

But please, try some admin message as in "System is going to shut down in X minutes" next time so I can read between the lines as "Do not venture into this dark cave right now" But all is fine; Thank you for the quick response.

(One minute in and already found a bug: that inventory achievement wont work if you have rebound your inventory key it seems -- Edit: correction - default doesnt work either, probably singleplayer...)

I'm interested to see how the weather effects will look.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post

I don't think you need them anymore now that there are powered rails.

Apparently if the server detects flying, you get kicked. I'd like to suggest turning that off, unless the consensus is that it should stay on.

Flying is cheap.

@Brethren: If you haven't had the chance to see the weather yet, you can see it here.

I'd like to have the option, though. It's not like by flying I'll win at minecraft more than you.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    It's not Minecraft unless it's tedious.

roflmao

TOIL IN THE FIELDS CAIN

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    It's not Minecraft unless it's tedious.
    Yet when it did become tedious, you gave up.

No, I quit because some people think fun involves cowering in a hole as hordes of creepers knock over everything, and my disagreeing with that assessment made me a target for ridicule. And I was being sarcastic in reference to Boxsmith's comment, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    Apparently if the server detects flying, you get kicked. I'd like to suggest turning that off, unless the consensus is that it should stay on.
    It would be easier if people always mentioned the server they are talking about (between mine and necival's), I'm having a hard time following who's where ><

If that's on anodal, I'll see what I can do, I hope it's just a matter of configuration. I don't really mind people using flyhacks, I think that's their own choice whether it should have an impact on immersion or not.

@dethtoll, it is true that people reacted with derision as the unfortunate impression you gave was of throwing a fit. Still, that was just an isolated incident and if you ever plan to play MC again you should come by and see how anodal evolved. There are tons of nice stuff there, and monsters are nowhere as problematic as they were back then.
    Frankly I can understand if you feel you're over Minecraft. I'm a bit sad it went through so many balance issues during the 2010-2011 transition because it is partly responsible for what made a lot of people quit eventually, myself included. Mojang forcing server updates in order to run the game has been pretty detrimental to servers which strived for stability.

I'm still stopping by from time to time but it's still pretty hard for me to decide to click that MeinKraft icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Briareos H View Post
    It would be easier if people always mentioned the server they are talking about (between mine and necival's), I'm having a hard time following who's where ><
    Sorry! I'm talking about anodal.

Even if you aren't using the fly hack you can be kicked if you do something simple like standing on a fence and jumping. At least with Bukkit anti-fly it would just reset your position instead of kicking you.

To allow flying on a server change the "allow-flight" option in your server.properties file to "true"

What's the deal with the new achievements thing? That sounds kind of lame. Ah well, I'll probably change my mind on that at some point.

I don;t know, Brethren. I was wondering the same thing myself. Achievements work really well in most games on Steam, XBOX 360 so maybe they will here too. I personally think Minecraft should go to PSN/XBLA when it goes gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Briareos H View Post
    @dethtoll, it is true that people reacted with derision as the unfortunate impression you gave was of throwing a fit.
    'People' meaning you ("I was going to tell you to go fuck yourself but decided that would be rude, but I had to mention this so it's like I told you in a roundabout way") and especially Eldron. I don't think I was overreacting at all- you guys treated me pretty shabbily simply because I didn't want to have to deal with monsters or any of that shit, and frankly the whole situation kinda soured me on Minecraft entirely. I was already bored with singleplayer; I got on anodal because Duck wouldn't shut up about it, and I had a lot of fun building shit, blasting classic rock, and talking to the guys on the server. And then that whole flareup turned SMP into something I wasn't interested in, so blammo, no more Minecraft.