TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Vegas is REALLY starting to grow on me

The Lucky 38 has become my tomb. Maybe it's not that the game crashes when I leave. Maybe the world just doesn't exist anymore. Victor just stands (rolls?) there, smiling at me. He knows, he understands, but he won't reveal anything. I've assembled the masses. hundreds of dinosaur toys, garden gnomes, and teddy bears. My only allies. ED-E can't be trusted, he's Enclave property. And Boone? Boone had an accident while cleaning my axe with his neck.

It's safer in here anyways. No more rads, broken limbs, horrifying mutated monsters. Just me and some Securitrons. Oh, and Mr. House up above. Maybe it's time I paid him a visit while I wait for Bethesda to release a patch that restores my sanity.

twisty: I had no issues in that vault bit. Just make sure you stock up on radaway (30+ and you'll be fine as there's alot more inside). Boone was totally pwning all the zombies in there when I did it. Though I'd given him a good melee weapon to use. Paladin toaster I think.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    twisty: I had no issues in that vault bit. Just make sure you stock up on radaway (30+ and you'll be fine as there's alot more inside). Boone was totally pwning all the zombies in there when I did it. Though I'd given him a good melee weapon to use. Paladin toaster I think.
    Well, I manned it up and went for a foray into the armoury, came back equipped with a bunch of kick-ass and made it through the vault. It still wasn't easy though. I'm playing a hacker-lockshonker sort of character for my first play-through.

Strangely enough, I hadn't experienced any crashes or major bugs until I reached the final reactor in that vault, and I keep getting regular CTDs every 5 minutes or so now, despite venturing outside again to other locations nearby Vegas.

@T-Smith

The Fallout Wiki claims the solution to your problem is to wear an old cowboy hat while exiting the Lucky 38. You likely don't have that particular item in your inventory, but there are probably some savegame manipulation programs you could use to give the hat to your character.

Quote Originally Posted by van HellSing View Post
    You likely don't have that particular item in your inventory, but there are probably some savegame manipulation programs you could use to give the hat to your character.
    It should be easier than that, just open the console (tilde) and enter player.additem 10a428 1.
    (10a428 is the ID of the hat and 1 is the quantity)

He's playing on the 360. No command console in that version.

Enjoying this game

Im enjoying this game, installing this game through Steam wasnt such a pain in the ass like installing Fear 2, anyway its good to be back to the fallout world, ive veen playing this one for more than 12 hours, so far ive been disapointed only with the soundtrack settings, everytime i walk 10 steps in the outside the music changes to another, you cant hear a music to its end unless you are chatting with someone, or inside of a building, even inside of some dangerous buildings you hear music from the outside, i never witness such terrible soundtrack setting in a game before, if i was the music composer of this game i would kill the responsible for this mistake , still, from what i have heard i dont think the soundtrack is something special, seems to be something outplaced that has nothing to do with the scenarios , atmosphere and current reality of fallout world, if theres a composer that should have been hired for this job it should have been Tood Christopher with his last album "blue and shell":

http://www.zenapolae.com/node/333

this is the right soundtrack for Fallout with sad, deep, dark and melancholic musics
    Also some of the Moby and Vangelis sad and ambient musics would also fit well.

Apart from the soundtrack issue im enjoying the game, i like the factions idea, the new aid power ups, have a flying radio protecting my back and NEW BULIDINGS to explore despite of those clones of offices, bunkers, gas stations and so on.

Im looking foward for a Game of the year edition of this game.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    whoa whoa WHOA

since when did cardia start using Steam?

It's pretty much impossible to be a PC gamer and not use Steam these days, which is part of why some people dislike it.

Fortunately, NV is EASY PEASY! to crack after activation.

There goes the neighborhood. Guess it's time to move on to Impulse or Gamersgate and moan about how much better Valve's first album was.

Chakat sex pillow
    Yeah, HL2's OST sucks balls in comparison to the original.

hahahaha you best be trollan

Chakat sex pillow
    Who me? Naaaaaww. Who d'you think I am, Koki!?

if you're serious then you need to turn in your soul

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Smith View Post
    The Lucky 38 has become my tomb. Maybe it's not that the game crashes when I leave. Maybe the world just doesn't exist anymore. Victor just stands (rolls?) there, smiling at me. He knows, he understands, but he won't reveal anything. I've assembled the masses. hundreds of dinosaur toys, garden gnomes, and teddy bears. My only allies. ED-E can't be trusted, he's Enclave property. And Boone? Boone had an accident while cleaning my axe with his neck.

It's safer in here anyways. No more rads, broken limbs, horrifying mutated monsters. Just me and some Securitrons. Oh, and Mr. House up above. Maybe it's time I paid him a visit while I wait for Bethesda to release a patch that restores my sanity.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    if you're serious then you need to turn in your soul
    Well, to be honest I don't remember the vast majority of the original's OST, just that it was really awesome and cool and had the coolest HEV suit track, and HL2 was... ambient or drums 'n bass electronica or something.

twisty: Where is that radiation source? That is one of the missions on my pipboy, but I couldn't seem to find it when I looked around for it,

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Well, to be honest I don't remember the vast majority of the original's OST, just that it was really awesome and cool and had the coolest HEV suit track, and HL2 was... ambient or drums 'n bass electronica or something.
    What.

Seriously, what.

You got that shit backwards son.

Chakat sex pillow
    Oh, fine. I've got the Orange Box soundtrack with Audiosurf anyway. I'll give it a whirl and see if I can't remember which one was more soupy.

It's been, what, ten years since I played or even heard the original? Nostalgia is a mighty powerful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    twisty: Where is that radiation source? That is one of the missions on my pipboy, but I couldn't seem to find it when I looked around for it,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vault 34..png 
Views:	10 
Size:	450.3 KB 
ID:	762

Chakat sex pillow
    On-topic rant: I can't buy New Vegas locally. Not for love or money. It's not here in the retail stores, and I can't buy it from Steam or Direct2Drive because it's 'not available in my region'. If I want it, I'll need to have it shipped from the US/wherever and pay for shipping; and god knows if that'll work either once I get it because, well, the game uses Steamworks for DRM and I don't know if it'll play nice with games that are filtered for my region.

Really, Bethesda. If you don't want my money, you should just say so.

Fuck you very much too.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 2nd Dec 2010 at 17:25.

You're in India, right? It's probably banned for the same reason Fallout 3 was- the two-headed cows called Brahmin. Not Bethesda's fault. It's your country's fault.

if i were massofmillionqueers i'd probably scream GANGE and throw my pills out the window

Chakat sex pillow
    Yeah, I know about the Brahmin thing. Unfortunate name, because 'Brahmin' is the name of a certain caste, and associating them with cows because they're vegetarians would be... a little weird. But I doubt it'd create any real public uproar apart from offending a few thin-skinned yokels.

Here's the thing though -- I have FO3 GoTY on Steam. I imagined that Beth had gotten over that little roadblock, so why NV is unavailable is beyond me.

if you were massisputarelosperma I'd make another pasta joke and post a plane flying cow whizzing across the sky for effect
    Last edited by Sulphur; 3rd Dec 2010 at 03:26.

and then i'd post some blurry picture of an italian politician making some joke in broken english about dethtoll

And here we go again.