TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Vegas is REALLY starting to grow on me

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

RE: Whoever said the Mr. New Vegas of Radio NV doesn't report on the quest outcomes/player actions (Iceman?). You were talking out of your arse, reports of this nature happen quite frequently. They're just more realistic than the ones from Fallout 3, not naming the exact individual(s) who brought about the changes.

Honestly, it's fairly infeasible to believe that Three Dog knew that it was the Lone Wanderer who was responsible for all of those events which he reported on. Just another example of why Obsidian's writers shit upon BGS' from great heights.

Its hit and miss with the reports. If you repair / fixup the power plant for example its still reported on the radio as needing repair.

I posted that comment quite early into my play of the game (first week I think). Some of the later player related events did get reported. But if there was something that was already mentioned on the radio as occurring one way (ie the power plant as I mentioned) then its overall report doesn't change even after player intervention on future reports of the issue. So definitely hit & miss.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Its hit and miss with the reports. If you repair / fixup the power plant for example its still reported on the radio as needing repair.
    This is true. Same thing for me.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

The promised mega-patch is due out this week. PS3 users have it already.

This update will be available on Xbox 360 and Steam early next week (we’ll keep you posted). Below is list of issues resolved with the game update.

Top fixes:

* Companions now show up as waypoints on the map
    * Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away
    * Fix: DLC error/save corruption
    * Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption
    * Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings
    * Crafting menu now filters valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list
    * Weathered pistol no longer glitches when applying mods

After the break, see other issues/quests the patch covers…

In addition, this patch addresses issues with the following areas:

* Pip-Boy Interface
    * Pre-Order DLC Items
    * Reputation System
    * Radio Stations
    * Companion fixes
    * Companion Quests
    * Repair Menu
    * Caravan
    * Weapons and Weapon Mods
    * Hardcore Mode
    * Perks
    * Skills
    * Crafting Recipes
    * Crafting Menu
    * Mojave Express
    * Chems/Addiction
    * Doctors
    * Vendors

And fixes for the following quests:

* Ain’t That a Kick in the Head
    * By a Campfire on The Trail
    * They Went That-a-Way
    * My Kind of Town
    * Boulder City Showdown
    * Ring a Ding Ding!
    * King’s Gambit
    * For The Republic, Part 2
    * Render Unto Caesar
    * Et Tumor, Brute?
    * The House Always Wins
    * Wild Card
    * Beyond the Beef
    * GI Blues
    * How Little We Know
    * Oh My Papa
    * Still In The Dark
    * You’ll Know It When It Happens
    * Arizona Killer
    * Eureka!
    * Veni, Vidi, Vici
    * All or Nothing
    * No Gods, No Masters
    * Birds of a Feather
    * I Put A Spell On you
    * Come Fly With Me
    * That Lucky Old Sun
    * Don’t Make a Beggar of Me
    * The White Wash
    * Ghost Town Gunfight
    * Restoring Hope
    * Bleed Me Dry
    * Aba Daba Honeymoon
    * Tend To Your Business
    * Wang Dang Atomic Tango
    * Flags of Our Foul-Ups
    * Debt Collector
    * Talent Pool
    * Left My Heart
    * Someone To Watch Over Me
    * Hard Luck Blues

Ah, that's more like it. This is going back on my radar, at least until some initial post-patch reports come through.

They should've just written "Fixes: Everything".

Man that's alot of fixes

Is it considered necromancy if the thread is still on the main page? Less than 10 posts from the top?

I just started playing NV again, after DXHR and nothing to do till Rage comes out I thought I'd give it a new go, now that I got all the DLC. Just like FO3, I'm finding so much more stuff I never even saw duing my first playthrough. And I played it for more than 50 hours the first time.

So far the highlights:

I actually found the NCR Prison. I never even saw it on my first playthrough. Also I've been choosing different skills this time trying to make myself a bit less of a gun nut and pumping a bit more into speech and other non-combat skills.

I also got sick of everybody telling me not to go north on the highway to get to new vegas. Honestly I'm not trying to get there. I want to level up a bit more so I can go on the DLC campaigns. But I decided I wasn't going to go through Novac to get to Vegas. So I went exploring past sloan, knowing a few of the landmarks. I thought I'd go talk to Niel and maybe try to walk down the highway and avoid the deathclaws rather than try to sneak my way into the quarry. Well I stumbled into hidden valley (I had forgotten it was there) and took one of the side trails out of the fence. Turns out I had an extremely tense gauntlet to run as I went through Scorpion Gulch, which I never found last time. The only thing that saved me from dying was that there were so MANY radscorpions and bark scorpions that they kept getting stock on/between/ontop of each other.

I emerged at Helios One. On the other side of Novac, right close to Vegas.

This game rocks.

I just want to know why The Lonesome Road isn't available in my region yet!

is Best Pony
    Could someone with access gift it to you, perhaps?

Thanks for the suggestion Matthew, guess there are some publisher issues, 1C/Cenega is (ir)responsible for FNV distribution in Central/Eastern Europe, I guess they fucked it up again...

is Best Pony
    Well, if you do want to follow that path just shoot me a PM.

I don't know where else to post this question, so rather than start a new thread here goes. When I reached Boulder City, I found Lieutenant Monroe had been killed by one of those giant orange-ish wasp-like thingies. I was impatient so I continued on with the game hoping it was just a temporary glitch, but every time I go back he's still dead. So now the main quest is left hanging since I obviously can't complete the next step.

Do I need to reload from a save just prior to making it to B.C., or am I going to have to restart the whole game? I wonder if I just took too long in reaching B.C. (I was trying to be stealthy and it took awhile to get there) or if this is a glitch/bug that's going to make me do a total reinstall.

Thanks.

P.S. Yeah, the game's starting to grow on me, though it's disturbingly reminiscent of a couple other blockbusters Bethesda has released in the past several years. But with a Western flavor.

is Best Pony
    You could always try using the console to resurrect him, perhaps? If you need a walk-through on how to do that I could try to puzzle it out.

Thanks Matthew. While I was ingame EvaUnit got hold of me (thru Steamchatthingy) & told me to do the same thing. It WORKED! Back in business. I'd forgotten all about Bethesda's allowing players to mess around with console commands; should've remembered, considering all the weeks/months I put into Morrowind & Oblivion.

Thanks again!

is Best Pony
    Aha, great minds think alike. Well, his great mind and my slightly-dented one. Glad it worked!

That quest isn't very necessary; you can just walk into New Vegas and be put back on the right track for the main quest.

Imo, there's no such thing as 'just walking' into Vegas. But, being of the OCD camp, I really wanted to complete that part of the quest.

Do console players have access to the in-game console? If not, what do they do in situations like the one above where they have to "resurrect" a quest critical character?

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    They go fuck themselves.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

they go to the Lucky 38 Hotel California

hahahahaha

Who was that again? That debacle was pretty hilarious.

Chakat sex pillow
    Look five posts up.

No, it was T-Smith. Bitched about it endlessly until I started making fun of him for it.