TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steam sale for Thanksgiving or whatever

Still Subjective

Steam sale for Thanksgiving or whatever

Yeah, it's in the bargain thread but I think it deserves a mention/thread. And get a wishlist as they are giving away wishlist games to a certain number of players every day. Now go.
    Last edited by SubJeff; 24th Nov 2010 at 20:59.

Never got to participate in these before (well, I'd buy L4D or something and not be able to run it). But this year is exciting. Got Borderlands and Deus Ex pack already.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Aja, Alpha Protocol would be a good purchase as well. It's the closest RPG to Deus Ex since Vampire tM: Bloodlines.

I have been deathly ill this week. Hospital twice already I came home to find Alpha Protocol on sale. Insta-buy (@ $7 you are a fool to pass this up, that's the price of lunch). Makes me feel a bit better. I missed this one when it released.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Seriously considering buying AP, yes.

I actually like Alpha Protocol quite a bit. The gameplay was average and the "flashiness" totally nonexistent, but it separates itself from most RPGs. In the majority, different approaches or "morality" to the same situation will always lead to the same end result. In Alpha Protocol, different approaches will lead to each situation being resolved in a completely different manner. For example, in a second playthrough I found that

By letting the area's "big bad" live and spill his guts, I found that he was only a bit player and that my contact was the one who had been orchestrating events. Needless to say that character didn't show up later that time.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Seriously considering buying AP, yes.
    It has some of the most fucked up design decisions in the name of consolitis, but it's worth it for the sheer beauty of fucking with people and watching the results play out.

has anybody made a wishlist in the hopes that they'll win it?

mine was:
    007 Blood Stone
    Lost Planet 2
    Medal of Modern
    Singularity
    and Blops because i can't think of anything else that I don't already own and would want

Yeah, mine is:

Cal of Duty Black Ops
    Metro 2033
    Alpha Protocol
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2

The ME ones are there because despite my disinterest in Bioware, repeated exposure to ME has me at least somewhat curious. Just not curious enough to actually buy them.

Super Meat Boy
    Portal 2
    Mirror's Edge
    VVVVVV
    The Witcher: EE
    BIT.TRIP BEAT
    Zen Bound 2
    RailWorks 2
    Ship Simulator Extremes
    Deus Ex: GOTY
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Just Cause 2

I'll try Alpha Protocol, maybe i'll add it later

Go for the future titles folks, according to a post from a Valve employee, all games that can be wishlisted counts. Mine:

Deus Ex 3
    Portal 2
    Witcher 2
    DCS: Black Shark
    Assassin's Creed 2
    Risen
    Alpha Protocol
    Metro 2033
    OFP Dragon Rising
    The Witcher EE

...but even if they change their minds (and I'm lucky enough to win), I'd be fine with the first five already released titles on my list.
    Last edited by Malleus; 25th Nov 2010 at 07:03.

You need ten games in your wishlist to be eligible.

Taking a break
    Steam, making papers about consumerism all too easy since 2003.

Dammit. Alpha Protocol is not available in my region Can anyone help me purchase and gift me a copy? I can pay back through PayPal or something.

i can gift it no problem. add me on steam: rhodan61 and contact me

AP is awesome. GOTY contender, I don't care about the bugs and shitty control, wobbly camera, popping textures and mouse lag. I had an intense experience playing it and it had some of the best bad guys/bosses in a long time, especially the possibility to alter the outcome of fights ( or that they even come to place) by your previous and immediate actions coupled with the stance dialogue and time pressure. everybody should at least try it for that money.

Still Subjective
    I think I'd like to play Borderlands at some point.

Question is - on PC with a 22" monitor, mouse and keyboard or PS3 with controller (it doesn't have Move support afaik) and a 40" LCD TV?

how about on a PC with wireless kb+mouse using a projector on a 110" screen ?

I wouldn't waste money on Borderlands. The premise is great and the leveling system works surprisingly well for integrating wow-style skills to FPS, but the game world is horribly bland with extremely repetitive tasks and enemies. It's all topped with a mind-numbingly dull crawl at the end to face an annoying boss.

It's only fun, if you play it with 3 friends.

Kuuso is incorrect. Borderlands is a fucking blast. It may be a bit repetitive but keep in mind you're playing what's effectively a first person Diablo clone. If you can get past that, you're golden. The first DLC is fantastic (haven't played the others) and overall the game is goofy fun, especially once you find a set of weapons you like.

PS: Very, very well-hidden patch from Sega that removes the DRM for Alpha Protocol. At least that's what the guy on RPS said anyway.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Well people you'd better hurry up because these deals are only good for another 17 minutes!

Unless some startlingly awesome must-have deals come up, I don't think I'll be buying anything. Just bought COD:MW2, Guitar Hero 5, FO:NV and a few other games to keep me busy over the next few weeks.

edit: 13 and a half minutes!

Level 10,000 achieved

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...

THE DAY 2 DEALS ARE UP

Eve Online: Tyrannis - 5€
    Defense Grid: The Awakening - 2,25€
    Cities XL 2011 - 29,99€
    DeathSpank - 8,70€
    Indie Story Pack(includes And Yet It Moves, Gish, Jolly Rover, Puzzle Agent, and Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale) - 4,49€
    AudioSurf - 2,50€
    Batman: AA GOTY - 10,20€
    Kane & Lynch 2 - 7,50€

Hmm... I'm half-considering getting AudioSurf or the Indie Story Pack.

Screw it. Bought Alpha Protocol. I'll just brownbag it one day next week or something.

Left 4 Dead 2 - 6 pack - 25 euros, that's ~ 4 / copy.
    I wanna gift one copy to a friend, who is in on this ? need another 5 !

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Hmm... I'm half-considering getting AudioSurf or the Indie Story Pack.
    If you don't have Recettear yet, I'd say that the Indie pack is better value by far.

btw, alpha protocoll is still on sale at gamersgate, they have a few similar offers to compete with steam it seams.