TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steam sale for Thanksgiving or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Hmm... I'm half-considering getting AudioSurf or the Indie Story Pack.
    I played the demo for Audiosurf a while back and loved it enough to pre-download it for when I had the money to buy it, so you should at least give the demo a whirl if you're on the fence.

Still Subjective
    Audiosurf for 1.50. Done.

If you haven't got Batman Arkham Asylum get it now - it's really cheap atm.

Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    Left 4 Dead 2 - 6 pack - 25 euros, that's ~ 4 / copy.
    I wanna gift one copy to a friend, who is in on this ? need another 5 !
    Count me in if you've a spare one.

I still hate you though.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by WingedKagouti View Post
    If you don't have Recettear yet, I'd say that the Indie pack is better value by far.
    Oh? The only one in the Indie pack I've played is Gish. AYIM and Puzzle Agent look like fun, Jolly Rover not so much. Have no idea what to expect from Recettear. Um... yeah I'll probablly buy it tomorrow. I'll leave AudioSurf(which I have tried before) as GH is more than adequately fullfilling my rhythmgaming-needs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakey-Lo View Post
    You need ten games in your wishlist to be eligible.
    Quoting this because it's easy to miss.

From the Steam page on the giveaway:
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam
    Eligibility: Entry open to any user holding a Steam account in good standing, who completes a Wish List with at least ten (10) single game titles. One entry per user and one win per user. Multiple entries/multiple Steam accounts will be disqualified. Employees of Sponsor (including directors and officers) and their immediate families or affiliates are not eligible.

I bought Alpha Protocol last night, too. The third-person view looks really stupid, but otherwise the game looks interesting.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Kuuso is incorrect. Borderlands is a fucking blast. It may be a bit repetitive but keep in mind you're playing what's effectively a first person Diablo clone.
    But PC or PS3?

I tried getting Alpha Protocol, Prototype and the Indie Energy Pack about an hour before the deadline, but something happened during the payment process and the pop-up window that was supposed to open and load PayPal for the completion of the transfer disappeared. Then I kept getting an error about problems in the payment and please try again in a minute, thank you. Restarting and what not didn't help, so I tried paying by credit card. Same error, but after another restart, the games weren't in my cart and when I tried adding them again for another try, it turned out I already owned them.

The library actually showed them listed but when I tried installing any of them, it complained about the payment process not being completed and please wait 2-4 hours and if still doesn't work, log out and back in and what have I been doing the whole time with all those restarts?

Long story short, about an hour after the sale was over, the games disappeared from my library

Steam Support was prompt in responding to my ticket but they suggested I just do another purchase. Yeah, like I'm gonna pay 100 bucks instead of the 21 I should have payed, when it was all their fault (which they all but acknowledged in the ticket)

Still Subjective
    Did you actually have a discussing about it with them explaining that it was a time dependent purchase?

Also - come on people, Borderlands (I know the sale is over but still) - PC or PS3/console?

Moderator and Priest
    Got Batman! Installing Batman! Gonna play the shit out of Batman!

BATMAN!

Still Subjective
    You made the right choice. That's the best game I've played in an age.

Moderator and Priest
    I know. I needed something good to sit around and play while I let Thanksgiving dinner digest.

I'll be sitting around, overloading on Batman, while acting like I'm practicing for lamaze class.

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    Did you actually have a discussing about it with them explaining that it was a time dependent purchase?
    Yeah, I specifically explained in the ticket that by the time the games were removed from my library and I could try buying them again, the sale deadline had had expired for about an hour. But my ticket was rather long - about as long as my previous post here, so they probably just skimmed right over it without actually reading any of the details.

Now I suggested that I transfer 25 in my steam wallet, out of which they could then take the required amount and drop the games in my account. It's most certainly doable, anyway. We'll see what they say about it.

Btw, I was about to get Borderlands as well (or rather, have someone from a REAL country gift it to me - "German low violence version" vOv), but someone on IRC gave me a link to Play.com where they sell it and all 4 expansions for 20 bucks and free delivery so I decided to hold off on buying it from Steam and see if they offer a similar pack.

SubJeff: Borderlands on PC, silly. Especially since the vast majority of us have it, and can co-op the hell out of it with you.

So, Alpha Protocol and Batman: AA GotY are mine. Wish I had the spare five bucks to get Kane and Lynch 2, but my paycheck won't hit until after the holidays (Monday most likely). Oh well, I have plenty to play for now.

Fuckers. They picked their indie bundle games so I would have to buy all of them, didn't they?
    I'll probably get one or two of those bundles, also hoping there'll be a sale for Just Cause 2. Awesome game.
    I am such a whore.

Thanks to gunsmoke (and EvaUnit02 and mothra for offering), I now own Alpha Protocol. I also bought Shank, and the Indie Story Pack just for Recettear. Dammit, this sale is gonna bleed me dry.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Briareos H View Post
    Fuckers. They picked their indie bundle games so I would have to buy all of them, didn't they?
    Haha yeah, there seems to be at least one must-have title in each of them.

I got the Indie Story Pack. Loving Puzzle Agent so far. It's about Nelson Tethers: FBI Agent, Puzzle Department. Agent Tethers gets sent to the small village of Scoggins to investigate mysterious events at the eraser factory. But the peculiar locals seem more interested in laying out complicated puzzles for him to figure out than helping out. I swear to God it's as if the Coen brothers were commisioned to make a puzzle-game for kids. I mean look at this shit!

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

So far I've bought Kane & Lynch 2 and ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead + British Armed Forces DLC.

I found the K&L1 to be surprisingly pretty good, it was well written and had some highly memorable set-piece missions. I was waiting for the sequel to hit the bargain bin too.

ArmA2 Combined Operations (vanilla + OA) is pretty much required for online play and a lot of the mega-mods in the pipeline. I had been waiting for a good price on OA.

BTW, all ArmA 2 products are 50% off today, not just OA. Eg Combined Operations is $22.49 USD.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 26th Nov 2010 at 17:49.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Heads up to XBox gamers: Live Marketplace also has a few good deals today. Trials HD is 400 MS points and Splosionman is 160. I got them both.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Do these specials apply to everyone or just XBL Gold subscribers?

Level 10,000 achieved
    No idea. I have a Gold account but I dunno if you need one.

[...] Loving Puzzle Agent so far. [...]
    Yeah, loved it too. Fargo meets X-files meets the puzzle page.

I played it on the iPhone (great little game for killing time). Much better than I expected. Which in a way is weird, because the puzzles are a bit hit-or-miss, but that just doesn't seem to hinder the fun. Atmosphere did a lot..

I assume it is near impossible to suit the difficulty to a wide range of players. So hit-or-miss is probably unavoidable in a game like this. And perhaps I've played too many puzzle games..

Though there was one puzzle that stumped me, its solution required an assumption that I didn't make. In the 'determine the winner' puzzle there was no reason to assume the losers of the first round didn't compete with each other for 3rd place. But unless you assumed they didn't, there weren't enough clues.

Moderator and Priest
    I've picked up Batman, Torchlight, and Mechanrium so far. And I'm too damn sick to enjoy them.

I'm going back to bed. I'm cold.

That's nuts :) I definitely need to check that out sometime...

El Shagmeister
    *Goes to "warm" Renzatic up*

Chakat sex pillow
    So I got Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light of the new sale. It's supposed to be, like, the ultimate co-op game, right? Maybe if somebody moves to somewhere within a couple thousand kilometres of India we could get a game going someday.