TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steam sale for Thanksgiving or whatever

Moderator and Priest
    Hey Duck! I dunno what you did to me while I was unconscious (and I dunno if I wanna know), but it worked. I can actually stay up for longer than sporadic half hour stretches, and enjoy my videogames now!

Also I bought the King's Bounty trilogy.

I bought the King's Bounty pack as well, which one should I play?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Well yesterday I enforced some goddamn iron will and didn't buy a game all day long! And today... I'm having the not-buyers-remorse. I mean VVVVVV and World of Goo for a fiver! Either of which I haven't played. And that Iron Cross and Eufloria and whatever else was in the pack too! Man. I'll never make this mistake again! I'll never let an opportunity slip me by! Carpe Diem! Buy every special on Steam! YES!

edit: well, maybe not. Nothing that appeling on there today. I'll save my money. There'll be some kind of special-sale around New Years as well, right? We'll have to do another one of these threads then. Capitalism, Ho!

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    edit: well, maybe not. Nothing that appeling on there today. I'll save my money. There'll be some kind of special-sale around New Years as well, right? We'll have to do another one of these threads then. Capitalism, Ho!
    Yeah on New Years, there's usually a 50-90% sale on nearly everything, including game collections.

Left 4 Dead 2 and Lara Croft for under a tenner? Yes please!

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Well yesterday I enforced some goddamn iron will and didn't buy a game all day long! And today... I'm having the not-buyers-remorse. I mean VVVVVV and World of Goo for a fiver! Either of which I haven't played. And that Iron Cross and Eufloria and whatever else was in the pack too! Man. I'll never make this mistake again! I'll never let an opportunity slip me by! Carpe Diem! Buy every special on Steam! YES![/SIZE]
    RE: World of Goo. I have a spare license that I picked up in the "pay what you want" sale last year, I'll see if I can give it to you when I get home tonight.

Anyone know anything about this "The Ball" game? The premise is interesting enough, but it seems to have had no media exposure.

The Ball was one of the first demos for the UDK when epic released it to the public. I don't know if you can still download the demo or not but if it's anywhere it will be on the UDK website.

EDIT: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-ball/n...alone-udk-demo

It's basically a puzzle FPS that's like a cross between Marble Madness and that cool source mod that took place in an egyptian crypt, I don't remember the name of it.

i played the demo, it was fun. No doubt they wanted to jump on the popularity of portal, because its a game where you have no weapons but have to solve puzzles and still win fights.

Still Subjective
    Played the demo. It's ok but tbh it's a one trick pony and unlike Portal it doesn't look like there are many cool possibilities with the mechanic. It'd be good as an interim section in some other game.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    RE: World of Goo. I have a spare license that I picked up in the "pay what you want" sale last year, I'll see if I can give it to you when I get home tonight.
    Oh cool! That would be nice!

My Steam handle is leemajorz.

edit: no wait, it's henke. I think.

henke aka leemajorz aka the six million dolla playa

I'm in the ttlg-kru now anyway.
    Last edited by henke; 29th Nov 2010 at 11:31.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, which I've never played, for 1.75? Yes please!

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah KoToR is a good one.

I thought yesterday was the last day of the sale. Hmm, Metro2033 for 7,50. I might just get that.

And so a fairy suddenly entered my life! :U

RECETTEAR HAS THE LONGEST AND MOST BORING INTRODUCTION EVER

Moderator and Priest
    Oooh! Dirt 2! I wanna get it, but damn if I already have too much to play.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Briareos H View Post
    I also can't get that 1990's style tune out of my head. It's still a fun game to dip into even though sometimes it feels like a facebook game.

I'm a little disappointed at Puzzle Agent - or at least Telltale's customer service. Despite a problem being known with solving the second puzzle since July with Nvidia 4xx series cards they still haven't fixed it. If I'd bought the game on its own rather than part of the indie pack I'd be very annoyed.

Moderator and Priest
    Okay. I bought Dirt 2.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Metro 2033 for $10? Sure okay.

Been waiting for Metro 2033 to go on sale again. Guess I didn't buy too much over the course of the sale, but that's probably for the best.

God damn it they always have these sales when I have literally no bones. No fucking bones.

Ugh. Yes. JUST GET ON WITH IT SO I CAN SELL SHIT ALREADY!

I was on the fence about Aliens vs Predator but when I looked at the game's info, a little blurb from dethtoll shows up on the page and it pushed me over the edge. Goddammit Steam.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    I WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Handed View Post
    Ugh. Yes. JUST GET ON WITH IT SO I CAN SELL SHIT ALREADY!
    Also the "mattaku", "yatta", "nee~~~~~" and others "ohayou gozaimasu" got on my nerves quicker than people talking to the screen at the cinema. I'm glad you can turn the voices off.

Other than that and the cumbersome, keyboard-only jRPG interface, it's a pretty fun and addictive resource gathering game/OCD.

Still I don't see what the fuss was all about as everybody and their dogs seemed to praise the game on the internet a few weeks ago.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Still I don't see what the fuss was all about as everybody and their dogs seemed to praise the game on the internet a few weeks ago.
    Everyone and their dog? More likely a bunch of highly local 4Chan weaboos and SA Goons.

I wouldn't know about that. But I swear there was a RPS article about Recettear every two days. Then again I'm probably exaggerating because I got an overwhelming impression from the gushing comments.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Just bought Metro 2033 but it doesn't show up in my library because Steam servers are buggin out. Apparently there's widespread poweroutage in Seattle which is messing shit up. Hoping things get fixed before the Sale-time expires or who knows what'll happen.