TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steam sale for Thanksgiving or whatever

Chakat sex pillow
    I'd raise a ticket with customer support if I were you, henke. You know, just in case.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I would if Steam Support wasn't also down at the moment.

Plenty of other people on the Steam forums are having the same problem. Metro 2033 does show up under my Licenses and Subscriptions though so I should be ok once the servers come back on.

*crossing fingers*

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Metro 2033 is 93% done.

Chakat sex pillow
    Enjoy! The guns are sort of shitty, so stealth it wherever possible and try and find the Hellsing and scoped pneumatics. Also, and I hate the game for not telling me this until too late, keep in mind that switching to military grade ammo (which is also in-game currency) is achieved by holding down R.

@henke: Ah, okay. Long as it shows up there it ought to be fine.

The game actually does tell you that, in the first half hour or so. Which is how far I got. This is the first game I've played so far in which I might have to turn down the settings a bit (or at least run at it a lower res) to play it properly. It's got some pretty fancy lighting effects, at times.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

FYI, Metro 2033's FoV is reportedly ridiculous narrow, like 45 or something. You can find a fix here.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    The game actually does tell you that, in the first half hour or so. Which is how far I got.
    Did it? I only got the loading screen tip in, like, Chapter 6. Which I can be sort of okay with on account of it being completely random, but I don't remember the game outright telling you as such while you're playing.

This is the first game I've played so far in which I might have to turn down the settings a bit (or at least run at it a lower res) to play it properly. It's got some pretty fancy lighting effects, at times.
    Don't worry, it does that for me too with the volumetric light shafts. If you're running it in DX11 tessellation's a bit of a drag on performance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_B View Post
    I'm a little disappointed at Puzzle Agent - or at least Telltale's customer service. Despite a problem being known with solving the second puzzle since July with Nvidia 4xx series cards they still haven't fixed it. If I'd bought the game on its own rather than part of the indie pack I'd be very annoyed.
    They fixed it, apparently. Steam just finished downloading the update to my copy.

Administrator
    Thanks - it works fine on my desktop now.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Enjoy! The guns are sort of shitty, so stealth it wherever possible and try and find the Hellsing and scoped pneumatics..
    Damn, I think there was a Hellsing for sale at the last station I was but I didn't buy it. Now I'm getting my ass handed to my by the Nazis.

Pneumatics? You mean the thing that shoots arrows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    keep in mind that switching to military grade ammo (which is also in-game currency) is achieved by holding down R.
    Shit I think I did this by accident.

This game certainly can't be accused of holding your hand too much. I have no friggin clue what I'm doing. And the productplacement in this is the most annoying I've ever encountered in a game. I'm talk of course about the Metro 2033 novels you'll see lying all over the place. When you stow away under the tram they even pratically shove one in your face just in case you hadn't noticed them earlier. DID YOU KNOW THAT METRO 2033 IS ALSO A BOOK

Those niggles aside, as well as the fact that it made me nauseous the first few times I played it(before I changed the fov), it's a pretty good game.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Damn, I think there was a Hellsing for sale at the last station I was but I didn't buy it. Now I'm getting my ass handed to my by the Nazis.

Pneumatics? You mean the thing that shoots arrows?
    The thing that shoots arrows is the Hellsing. It's great for close to medium range combat, and you can reuse the bolts ad infinitum because you can get them back from whatever you shot them at.

The penumatic rifle (Tihar, I think it's called) is the one that shoots lead ball bearings. Pump enough pressure into a shot and fire and it's like a deadly, silent sniper rifle.

Shit I think I did this by accident.
    Well, enemies tend to go down quicker with military rounds so you'd notice sooner or later. There's plenty in the game, though by the looks of it I think you're halfway through - the Nazi station's around the halfway mark, I think.

And the productplacement in this is the most annoying I've ever encountered in a game. I'm talk of course about the Metro 2033 novels you'll see lying all over the place. When you stow away under the tram they even pratically shove one in your face just in case you hadn't noticed them earlier. DID YOU KNOW THAT METRO 2033 IS ALSO A BOOK
    Haha, strangely enough I didn't really notice. I was too busy scrounging for ammo because I didn't know I had entire satchels of military ammo tucked away.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 5th Dec 2010 at 14:45.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah, I reloaded an earlier save at the Armory, bought myself a stealthsuit, and managed to find a Hellsing in a room in the Nazi-area. But I'm still having a hell of a time making any headway in the area just behind the Nazi frontlines.

Chakat sex pillow
    My playthrough, I took out the lights and knifed the first couple of guys then entered a fracas downstairs. Hellsing'd be useful there.

After that point there was this insane bit where I was getting mowed down by gunfire from some idiot who'd camped ahead in some sort of overlook point, a scoped rifle was all I needed to get through there.

Level 10,000 achieved

its that time of year again

It's Thanksgiving or whatever and there's a Steam sale or something.

Wolfenstein 2 is -50%!!! That thing came out LESS THAN A MONTH AGO. Holy shit. Not that I'm gonna buy it, got too much on my plate already.

There's also some kind of Steam Award thing going on, and once again the categories are so bizarre that it's hard to think of what to vote for in each.

Uhm, you couldn’t find a more current Steam Sale thread than one from 7 years ago

Re the awards, I made a start, clicked away and soon lost interest. If they really want to persist with those vague categories I’d prefer to only have 5 or so ones to choose from.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Not one that wasn't specifically about a Summer or Xmas sale, no. But then I didn't search further than the first Google page of results either.

I picked up a few -80%ers. The one I played today was Technobabylon.

Edit: I'll report it in the What are you Playing so it's in someplace it doesn't get lost.
    Last edited by demagogue; 23rd Nov 2017 at 11:17.

I got quite a few hefty discounts, so my wishlist is now a lot shorter. I'll eventually get to each one in the other thread.

Got Divinity Original Sin 1 and DX:MD. Swoosh.

It seems like there's some sale going on almost all the time these days. It's gotten to the point that I don't even consider buying games at full price anymore (unless I really want to support the devs for some reason). First of all, I've already got a rather big backlog of games that I still need to play, and secondly it also feels a bit stupid to spend a lot of money on a game that I could get for half the price when I do eventually get around to playing it. There are hardly any "must-have" games for me nowadays either, so I don't mind waiting patiently for the prices to drop.

What a cheapskate.

Oh it's been like this for 5 years at least.

I'm holding out for 75% off Headliner. It's just the principle and all.

;D

well 25% isnt bad