TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: La fęte du voleur (French) - 2010.07.26

T2 FM: La fęte du voleur (French) - 2010.07.26

Mission in T1 style, by Jordan_Maf. English translation would be welcome.
    Download
    Screenshots

Thanks for the download link - I couldn't get it from the one clearing posted.

Maybe you want to wait until X-mas ???
    Not sure if there is an update planned on this one anyway.

Here some basic info:

La fête du voleur - The thieves holiday

Introduction:

History:
    It is christmas time. A holiday just like every year since a hammerite called brother Niklaus (Noël) presented a starving child with a golden Hammer, so it could survive the winter. Ever since then, Niklaus appears in the city with a gift.
    But what is a thief like Garrett up to on these holy days ?
    Play and see !

Hints:
    - There are items in this mission which are not availlable!
    - A secret Victrola lets you listen to the attempts of my brother to imitate Garretts voice.
    - You will become enlightened when the holy water hits the ground (because there are no zombies).
    - WARNING: The sound of the bell may be deafening and annoying !
    Objectives:

- It's a holiday ! Just the right time to collect 1800/2050/2750 in gold from the pockets of the citizens which are busy fetching the last presents for christmas.
    - There is a inventor workshop in OldWood. Find the 'Invisibility Machine' they are working on in secrecy.
    - [only Hard+Expert] The local Assassins Guild has a problem with a girl name Sonia - an informant, who uses to report outlaws like yourself to the City Watch. The Assassins Guild wants you to get get hold of her - dead or alive. Bring her to the chief of the guild. He awaits you in a dark passage.
    - Return home once you are done.
    - [only Hard+Expert] Keep in mind that it is christmas time ! It would be a sacrileg to spill blood on such a holy day. Don't cause a blood bath.
    The translation might need an improvement though.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 6th Dec 2010 at 13:50.

There's no download available

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    There's no download available
    Huh ???
    The one that Wintercat posted in the first post works for me.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 7th Dec 2010 at 14:24. Reason: removed link to french site, since link is dead

(Does her best Inspector Clouseau/Hunchback of Notre Dame impression)

*The bells ...... The bells .....!*

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    (Does her best Inspector Clouseau/Hunchback of Notre Dame impression)

*The bells ...... The bells .....!*

Don't say the author did not warn you

There is a plaque under some cheese on a table in the the roof of the church. When I try to read it the game crashes, can someone tell me what it says? I just want to make sure it's not important.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Don't say the author did not warn you
    Yes, we were warned!
    It keeps me on my toes all the time, so I don't mind

The guards see me in the dark and aren't blackjackable , is this intentional?
    I get stuck a lot at walls and I often fail to jump out of a sewer fast, so I mostly get caught.

I especially like one sewer spot where I can BJ a lot of people

The mission crashes at one point!
    and at another point that Fuod mentioned.

Was this mission tested OK?
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

The mission crashes at one point!
    and at another point that Fuod mentioned.

Was this mission tested OK?
    No idea whether it was tested.
    I had some problems with my french when I was in the french forum
    When I played this one back in october, the guards could be BJ'ed, but I recall they had pretty good preception.

The plaque in the church is just a joke.
    I recall the crash while reading this one as well.

That is because all the lights are either light brushes or have infinite radius and therefore the shadows are wrong.
    Also it appears the mission was not optimized nor processed for proper object lighting. A big part of the mission is surrounded with one big room brush, and there are a few bad rooms in there too.

This one will need a bit of fixing before it is going to be really playable.

Just don't go near them, and try to pick their pockets from afar. If you go too close to them, they'll know you're there, even with a invissy potion

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    Just don't go near them, and try to pick their pockets from afar. If you go too close to them, they'll know you're there, even with a invissy potion
    This statement confuses me - sort of.
    Does this mean you see something that would be worth pickpocketing ???
    For me all purses are invisible as well as a golden plate.
    The author did not have an explanation for this.
    How can this be ?
    I did have this issue 2 month back and have it still (with this mission).
    All other missions I played in between did not have such a problem.

I don't have the EP or other stuff installed.
    Is there something I would need ?
    Anybody else having this issue ?

I am a dromedary, not a DromEd'er,
    so please advice
    Last edited by gnartsch; 8th Dec 2010 at 16:39.

DromEd Archmage
    Halala... La fête du voleur... It was my really FIRST finished fun mission. But I don't know why, I have never liked it because it is not very perfect(bugs). In that time I just use the Quick Light (you know why the shadow are false).

For the plaque, it is just that something is missing.

No, if you want a piece of advice: forget it or do what you want with it. It is very original but I'm sure that no one would say: That was a great mission. So... No! But I can say: There are special thing and effect in this mission, so you can open it with dromed and learn.

Because It is now to late for me (I have my Fun Mission Contest to finish and I'll stay log out for a time because Christmas is approching) to do something about this fun mission, if someone want to translate it, rebuild it or other, you're welcome! I leave it!

Three years later.

After speaking to FireMage with an evil-looking Hammerite torturer in tow, as well as some of his brethren ready to do a "righteous pounding", he was suddenly very willing to agree to a re-release of one of his first works, "La fete du voleur".

No, actually just a few kind words were required. As some of you might already have read in another thread, me and gnartsch were able to fix some of the mission's bugs and add german and english translations. The result is a playable three-language-version of FireMage's Christmas present from 2009. Thief 2 v1.18 and Darkloader 4.3 are sufficient, but it will work with NewDark 1.21 and FMSel as well.

You can download it here. If there is more than one download button, use the one below "Date", "Filesize" and "Downloads". Any other download button will most likely send you advertisements and other things you don't want to download. Any mission hosting site is, of course, welcome to add the mission to its repository as well.

Some minor problems with the mission (such as the lighting) we could not change; see the info file for details. Keep in mind that FireMage himself did not think the mission was too great, thus there had been no update to it. So, if anything strange happens during play, don't blame it on him, but on my persuasion skills instead.

Have fun with "The Thief's Christmas Eve"!

And thank you again, FireMage, for this little mission, which can still provide some entertainment.
    Last edited by baeuchlein; 22nd Feb 2014 at 20:58. Reason: Something about multiple download buttons added.

This is great news! Thank you, FireMage! And thank you baeuchlein and gnartsch. Much appreciated! Looking forward to playing it.

The download link takes me to Darkfates T3 page...

Thank's Clearing..much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhook View Post
    The download link takes me to Darkfates T3 page...
    Which download link? The first of the two links in the first post? Since I did not post that, I am unable to change that.

Please advice for this mission. In the crypt of the grid, I do not know how to open it? Loot is 3697, I got a machine for invisibility. Also I can not find a dark meeting place. Thanks
    Last edited by jardakrupka; 23rd Feb 2014 at 16:35.

Quote Originally Posted by jardakrupka View Post
    In the crypt of the grid, I do not know how to open it?
    I think you want to open the fence (or iron bars) in the crypt, on the ground, next to a large hammer. There is a hint on how to open it in the office upstairs. It basically says that you
    spoiler:
    have to "make something holy".

If you still do not know what to do, here is an outright spoiler:
    spoiler:
    You have to fetch some holy water, which you can find in the attic of the church. In the crypt, throw it at the large hammer in the room with the iron fence. Aim for the spot where the hammer's head and its staff intersect, at the center of the hammer's head.
    The iron bars should open then.

If you are referring to the iron bars with candlesticks behind them, near an altar in the crypt, then you cannot open these. You can, however, steal the candlesticks without opening the iron bars there.

Quote Originally Posted by jardakrupka View Post
    I can not find a dark meeting place.
    You have to bring Sonia to a thief, a person in black clothes. Usually, the thief is standing in a dark passage
    spoiler:
    close to the place where you begin the mission.
    If you are approaching him from the town, place yourself before the building
    spoiler:
    where you found the invisibility machine. Walk towards the right, around the cart standing there. Go through the dark street with a roof over it and metal on the ground, then turn right two times after passing a street light.
    You should then be in the dark passage, and the thief should stand at its end.

If the thief has run away, which may happen if a fight breaks out near him, he will most likely run through the town and kill lots of citizens. You then have to bring Sonia to the thief, not to the empty dark passage.

If either the thief or Sonia is dead, the mission goal might not tick off even if you bring Sonia to the thief. In this rare case, you should reload a saved game where both are still alive, and try again.

The mission played out Loot 3827

There's a room upstairs in the church with bookcases and two locked doors. I can't seem to open either of them. Hints please?

Hint: confess your sins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast