TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415

Thread: Mass Effect 3 - Mark Meer will continue to be rubbish

I thought both leads were pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Would you really follow voices on the internet if you didn't believe there was some utility to it? I respect most of the opinions people have here, but I'm only going to consider recommendations or rejections from people whose perspectives have historically aligned with my own, or have been able to broaden my thinking on something I'm keyed to dislike. The rest is noise, like Youtube comments. We mostly only read those for chuckles or to shake our heads -- I hope.
    I'm afraid that many take opinions on the net as a guideline to figure out whether something is good or not... especially when they're not capable of forming an own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    The animations are plenty good enough for me.
    Short term - Sure. But with these games (much like Witcher) you spend quite a considerable amount of time playing your character, roleplaying etc etc. When your immersion is broken by wonky animations, it's a tad bit hard to be fully immersed, or not getting angry at the game for that matter.

It's the opposite for me. When it comes to character models and animations, I notice what's "off" about them when I first start playing, but once I get into the game I don't really notice anymore. I went back and played Deus Ex last year with the GMDX and Revision mods. Deus Ex has pretty bad facial animations which looked dated even at release, but I quickly got used to them again and they're not immersion-breaking for me.

In a role-playing game, I'm a lot more sensitive to the dialogue than the graphics and animation. What really breaks immersion for me is a conversation where all of the dialogue options suck, or where you pick one that seems reasonable and then your character says something unexpectedly cringe-worthy.

Agreed with heywood. It's quite infuriating when the dialogue options don't match what the character actually says.

What gets me when replaying Deus Ex is the constant re-use of voice actors, which is something I only even noticed once or twice in my initial playthroughs.

Same here. That and the terrible fake accents.

The amount of games that I've heard some of those voice actors from Thief in.

Chakat sex pillow
    That's some pretty good negative PR. It's a bit genius, really.

Level 10,000 achieved
    While we're linking to useful articles, here's Polygon's listing of Mass Effect's most bangable aliens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drooling-smiley.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	195.2 KB 
ID:	2337

Chakat sex pillow
    While Polygon's usually only good for its once-in-a-while investigative pieces, that article is pure fucking gold.

It also gave rise to the best internet comment of the year so far: 'Tali is my forever-bae, so your argument that a Thundercat made of seashells, or a black-eyed gun lizard is more sexy falls on deaf ears.'