TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 - Mark Meer will continue to be rubbish

Just didn't have fun playing FemShep, certainly wouldn't stick it out just to see if FemShep and Liara had that special something.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    For me, I'll always exclusively play a blonde FemShep for the sole reason that to me she's the alt-universe version of Samus.

(but also because DudeShep's voice actor gave one of the most wooden performances I've heard since Resident Evil for the motherfucking Playstation in god damn 1996)

Not sure what the playstation has to do with it. Voice acting is one of the things that does not get better with newer technology.

I don't think he meant that Playstation had anything to do with it. He was specifying the particular Resident Evil title.

is Best Pony
    Haven't played FemShep yet, but I do like to feel pretty sometimes so I probably will next time around.
    Last edited by Matthew; 1st Sep 2011 at 14:57.

Haven't played FemShep yet, but I do like to feel pretty sometimes so I probably next time around.
    I'd recommend playing her Renegade. I feel that it fits Hale's portrayal of the character better.

is Best Pony
    But - but I am a goody-two-shoes

Then get over it and live a little bit!

Don't knock executing prisoners and kicking people off skyscrapers until you've tried it!

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

MP confirmed for ME3.

InB4 rant whining about how this "needless addition" would've taken time, man power and budget away from the core RPG campaign. I'll just pre-empt that by saying that Mass Effect is a big cash cow for EA, so they likely would've thrown ADDITIONAL staff and money at the project to get this component made.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 10th Oct 2011 at 08:38.

Dragon Age 2.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...age-ii-owners/
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...ed-until-2012/

I'm optimistic that they've apologised for and have learnt from their mistakes on that title.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 10th Oct 2011 at 09:04.

And to be fair to EA, I tend to put more of the blame directly on BioWare for that steaming turd.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

4-player co-op missions, not some CoD clone DM trash, thank god. Also confirmation that it's being made by a "B-team".

I was a little alarmed when Sylar said that the outcome of co-op matches shape the ending of the solo campaign, but then was relieved to hear that it's just ANOTHER OPTION. Spock went onto say to that you say that it's entirely possible to get the best ending through solo campaign play.

Quoth the raven
    but "readiness meter".....idea with huge ^^^ o' stupid.

i hope you can really ignore that crap...meaning you don't have to jump through too many hoops in SP. I see a little RTS level coming where you deploy your troops.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Demo confirmed for January.

It’s going to be a happy new year! Mass Effect 3 will have a pre-release demo in January 2012. The demo will have both single player and multiplayer sections, giving fans a taste of what’s to come on 3/6/12.
    http://on.fb.me/nNHKJ6
    EDIT:-

Ownership of BF3 (for console guys, the online pass specifically) grants early access to the MP component of the demo.
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/8554052/1
    Hello everyone! It's going to be a Happy New Year! Mass Effect 3 will have a pre-release demo in January 2012. This demo will have both single player and multiplayer sections, giving fans a taste of what's to come on March 6, 2012. Be first to the front lines in the multiplayer section of the Mass Effect 3 demo! Redemption of the Online Pass for Battlefield 3 will unlock this early access. But rallying for war is just getting started - in late November / early December, BioWare will announce other ways for fans to engage the enemy with their friends online from day one!

What are the details of the Mass Effect 3 pre-release demo?

•The Mass Effect 3 pre-release demo will launch in January 2012 (exact date TBA).
    •The demo will include both single-player and multi-player sections.
    •The demo will be released in all regions where the game is

How can I get early access to the multi-player portion of the Mass Effect 3 demo coming in January 2012?

•Owners of Battlefield 3, on any platform, who activate their Online Pass will automatically be granted early access to the multiplayer portion of the Mass Effect 3 demo. There is no need to enter any other codes, the early access will be applied to the EA Account associated with the Online Pass. Note: BF3 Origin Customers automatically have the BF3 Online Pass.
    •This applies to all regions where the demo is released (to be announced)
    •The exact date of the demo launch will be announced in late November
    •There will be another program whereby players and fans of the Mass Effect franchise can unlock this early access (with no purchase necessary) – this will also be announced in late November or early December.
    •There will also be a tool posted on www.masseffect.com allowing players to check if their EA account has been granted the early access.
    •The length of the early access period is TBA.
    •The single-player section of the demo will be available to all players on day one of the demo launch.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 21st Oct 2011 at 03:18.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

So MS accidentally leaked a beta build of Mass Effect 3 onto XBL, revealing some interesting facts.

http://http://au.xbox360.ign.com/art...1211729p1.html
    We'd like to stress that the leaked code is in a rough, unfinished state and was not meant for public release. The content is not final, and is not reflective of the quality of the finished, polished game due for release on March 6, 2012 (March 9 in Europe).

One feature that was present in this early build is a set of game play modes that are in development. In the beta code they are referred to as "action mode", "story mode" and "RPG mode". We want to stress that these features are still in the early stages of development and will receive considerable iteration and refinement. These modes are designed to give players an even finer degree of control over their game experience than ever before. Whether it be someone who finds the combat difficult but wants to experience the amazing story, someone who wants to focus on the action and combat game play, or fans who want the rich, story-driven RPG Mass Effect experience they've come to love – Mass Effect 3 will support all of these options. We'll have more info in the days ahead!"
    RPG mode for me please. ROFL at "shooter fratboy" and "interactive movie" easy mode.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    RPG mode for me please. ROFL at "shooter fratboy" and "interactive movie" easy mode.
    This is actually a very good idea that I had when Levine was bitching about how gamers are illiterate retards. I remember he said games should be stupid and that any refinement to the story line (logs or cassette tapes or whatever) should be littered around like empty beer bottles. These modes are a good way for developers to be able to flesh something worthwhile out while still catering to the sugar saturated 13 year old demographic.

Haven't seen this explicitly confirmed before, so here it goes:
    Origin will be required for all versions of the game.
    Source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../index/8975536

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine

4) Will ME3 be available on Steam?
    During initial release Mass Effect 3 will be available on Origin and a number of other 3rd party digital retailers, but not on Steam at this time. Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content. We are intent on providing Mass Effect to players with the best possible experience no matter where they purchase or play their game, and are happy to partner with any download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with our consumers.
    Looks like I'm not getting the game then. Excitement cancelled.

Chakat sex pillow
    Yawn. More stupid marketing tactics. Big deal - I'm getting it at discount price on release day anyway. Origin, Steam, I don't give a fuck as long as it's one or the other but not a DRM clusterfuck involving all of them.

You're better off waiting for the complete edition anyway. I figure they'll sell that one over steam since the conflict concerns how DLC is sold.

Interesting. And this isn't the first time there's been publishing arguments over Steam distributions. Could we be seeing the slow fall of Steam as the sole online game selling titan? I know there have been other outlets for a while, but no one that could topple Valve's child. Seems like things may be shifting.

Which kinda sucks... as much as I am against monopolies and super-powerful companies, it is damn convenient to have all my games in one place just a few clicks away. I'm not looking forward to installing ten different DRM clients and having to keep track of which games I bought on which. I avoid Direct2Drive, Origin and etc. and just wait for Steam promos exactly to avoid that hassle...

They don't actually give a rats ass about giving customers the best possible experience. Nor do I believe for one damned second it's about restrictive terms about DLC is delivered - ME2 required that useless bioware social network and used that for distributing their DLC, despite being on steam.

This is purely EA forcing Bioware to push their Origin service. It's got precisely jack all to do with anything else. They'll happily distribute it one other minor networks, since they aren't major threats. Steam distribution would become the default simply because of it's convenience, and even if they required Origin+Steam, Origin would just be instantly forgotten.

Ah well. On the bright side, it's an obvious marketing ploy and as such there will be a miraculous resolution of their 'distribution issues' after a few months. Or whenever their marketing department figures that everyone who was willing to put up with this bullshit has already bought the game, and it's better to make money off the people that won't then to leave it on the table.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Yawn. More stupid marketing tactics. Big deal - I'm getting it at discount price on release day anyway. Origin, Steam, I don't give a fuck as long as it's one or the other but not a DRM clusterfuck involving all of them.
    I'd get it on Origin, but I'm kinda scared of getting banned because importing saves from the previous games is unsupported by the TOS or something like.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast