TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 - Mark Meer will continue to be rubbish

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    That would be just like them, wouldn't it? Sons of bitches.

Chakat sex pillow
    I do believe I am out of tin foil. Would cling wrap do?

ugh... that probable means Dead Space 3 will follow the same BS route.

I guess I'm buying retail.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Reactionary Internet Angry Men frothing at the mouth? How predictable!

Pull your tinfoil hats on tighter, meanwhile I'll be enjoying the best version of the game maxed at 1920x1080 with an average of 60fps.

"OMG THEY R BIG BROTHER AND SCANNING MY HARD DRIVEZ!!!!!!!111" Likely story, bro.

Also "No Steam, no sale" fanboy tards crack me up.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 16th Jan 2012 at 19:45.

every time i think you couldn't possibly get more obnoxious you go and prove me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    "OMG THEY R BIG BROTHER AND SCANNING MY HARD DRIVEZ!!!!!!!111" Likely story, bro.

Also "No Steam, no sale" fanboy tards crack me up.
    Actually, DRM has stopped me from purchasing games before. As I am deployed, I do not have the ability to connect my personal laptop to the web and therefore can not activate games on Steam. In order to play Skyrim I had to use a "non-steam" version, courtesy of one of my bro's engineering school buddies.

Also, yes, they CAN scan your hard drive. They don't actively do it that I'm aware of, technically speaking anyone who knows your IP and has sufficient technical knowledge can break into your computer and scan your hard drive, not just "big Bruthah". There's a reason that even low-classification government computers operate on a different network entirely from the internet at large.(that particular bit you can find on Wikipedia, its not a secret).

When it comes to the internet, be paranoid. Be VERY paranoid.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

I've yet to see a legitimate rational argument reasonable for only wanting to deal with Steam. "I like having my whole library on one bookshelf and I wouldn't want to search across multiple bookshelves to find one book" is utter weaksauce, boiling down to "I'M LAZY".

"At this rate every publisher is going to need their own client to play their published games and we're going have to have a shit load installed." That's just low likelihood pessimism. The Steamworks middleware is likely only going to become more popular.

And "I'm Lazy" boils down to "My time is valuable, especially my leisure time and I don't want to spend it filling out billing information again, managing a friends list again, learning a distribution systems quirks and controls again, just because some other company wants to reinvent the wheel for their own financial gain."

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Mountain out of a molehill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatose View Post
    And "I'm Lazy" boils down to "My time is valuable, especially my leisure time and I don't want to spend it filling out billing information again,
    What sort of fool lets any service retain your billing information, if it's optional (i.e. as it is with Steam)?
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...for-safety.ars

managing a friends list again
    You can launch external EXEs through Steam and make use of its DX overlay features. This is common knowledge at this stage.

Big whoop really. If I want to play a game and the level of entry is just "minor inconvenience" I'm not going to go into A.I.M. mouth frothing boycott mode over trivial stuff.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 17th Jan 2012 at 01:41.

People want to use Steam because it's convenient and they're used to it, and they implicitly trust Valve -- who generally at least try to be pretty cool dudes.

People don't want to use Origin because it sucks and they don't trust EA, which seems to be using Origin strictly as a vehicle to push EA-only games, severely limiting the scope of Origin, unlike Steam with its hundreds of games from a variety of developers and publishers.

And Evabot thinks this is stupid. He sure showed us.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

The likes of Razor1911 will probably remove the Origin requirement within a week of the game's release.

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    which seems to be using Origin strictly as a vehicle to push EA-only games, severely limiting the scope of Origin, unlike Steam with its hundreds of games from a variety of developers and publishers.
    Oh yes, Origin is for EA games only... that's why THQ, Capcom and WB titles are sold on the service.

Besides, they suddenly aren't going to seize major marketshare from Steam any time soon, if ever. Just fire up Origin when you want to play the rare game which requires it, big fucking deal.

People don't want to use Origin because it sucks
    Meh, the client is perfectly fine. Its UI is straight-forward and clean; its features are comparable to the Steam client from around late 2009; the download speeds that I can pull are great.

Again, mountain out of a molehill but by all means do keep foaming at the mouth. Meanwhile I'll be enjoying the best version of the game come March.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 17th Jan 2012 at 06:35.

Haha, Valve trying to be cool dudes? More like increasingly trying to be even bigger dicks (see: disabling the option to disable updates).

Quote Originally Posted by Volitions Advocate View Post
    ugh... that probable means Dead Space 3 will follow the same BS route.

I guess I'm buying retail.
    Doesn't the link say both digital AND boxed copies will have Origin, though>?

holy shit evabot you're not as big an apologist for EA as khemm is for ubisoft on rock paper shotgun but damn, you're trying

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Ad hominem, real winner of an argument there.

Regardless... nigga please, I absolutely refuse to buy EA games digitally with Origin as the only means to get them. It's either boxed copy, Steam version or bust.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ive-accounts/1
    Then at least if I have the game disc or the game on my Steam account and then my game sub dies, I can at least still obtain the game files and play the SP campaign somehow.

Then there's also this bullshit which has me avoid posting on an EA forum or Battlelog like the plague, out of common sense.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...pdate-edition/
    http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...age-2-player/1

that's fucking hilarious given how you liked to call me a monolith apologist because i didn't scream my balls off over FEAR 2 not supporting 27-button mice

these are real concerns about origin and you're just going around calling everyone stupid and repeating LOL I WILL PLAY DA BEST VERSION WHILE U CRYYYY HEH

and then you provide the REASONS why everyone is angry at EA over this

i'll say one thing, you've got balls

seriously, if anyone is fagging up this thread it's you, stop before you hurt yourself

I'm predicting that ME3 will be one of the most pirated games of 2012 if not the most.

Hey EA, do you just have a PayPal or summin I can leave $60 for you? I'll leave it in an envelope in front of your headquarters.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    and then you provide the REASONS why everyone is angry at EA over this
    My first issue raised, debunked in the very article which I linked to. I just have those principles in place for my own peace of mind and it's not a deal breaker that would stop me from playing the PC version at all, just certain versions of it.

If you paid attention you'd realise that this concerns EA Online accounts in general and it's not strictly about the Origin app.

Electronic Arts has issued the following statement to RPS, via EA's John Reseburg.

'The Origin terms of service are designed to protect against misuse of the Origin system. No Origin user who has paid entitlements and/or downloaded games will have their account cancelled or games expired due to extended non-use. The term regarding account cancellation for non-use is designed to guard against creation of non-active accounts for inappropriate reasons.'
    The second issue about forum bans locking you out of your paid content/game licenses, it's not exclusive to Origin by any means. It would affect EA console games, Facebook games, the dozens of games which don't require the Origin client, etc.

If you paid any real attention to the gaming news you'd know that the ON-GOING concern that everyone is hot under the collar about is the supposed claims that the Origin client is spyware and not the reasons which I gave. My reaction to this:- OH YES, EA is certainly scanning the entire contents of your HDD and selling your personal info to Major League Baseball!!!!111

Your personal bugbear about not being able to buy or activate the game on Steam is utterly trivial in the scheme of things.

stop before you hurt yourself
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 17th Jan 2012 at 17:10.

I dunno what was wrong with the DRM on the first 2 Mass Effect games, although it seems like the entire internet had a big cry about it. It was a fuckload better than having to use Origin (or Steam, for that matter).

PC Gamering Smartey Man

The limited activations of ME1 and the terms at the time of release were bullshit. It was several months to over a year before a revoke tool was available. Before then if you ran out of activations you'd have to contact tech support.

ME2 just had a disc check, which are utterly benign ~85% of time. Cracks usually slow up for those promptly. No big deal.

Origin has an offline mode, just like Steam.

don't you fucking get it evabot

PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT ORIGIN BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO FUCKING USE ORIGIN

HOLY SHIT WOW WHAT A CONCEPT

lol "if you paid any real attention to the gaming news" lol

i swear to god sometimes i want to punch you in the face in front of all your church friends

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Besides, they suddenly aren't going to seize major marketshare from Steam any time soon, if ever. Just fire up Origin when you want to play the rare game which requires it, big fucking deal.
    That's just it. I don't have any particular dislike for any digital distribution services besides Steam. It's just that I don't trust EA not to do something incredibly stupid at some point in the near future. Like if I were to buy three games, but not log in for a month after playing them, it wouldn't surprise me if they suddenly decide to permanently deactivate my account due to lack of use. And this is despite them saying otherwise. EULAs change on a daily basis in Software Land. Or even worse, ban me for installing a completely harmless mod for a single player game.

Considering how cavalier they've been about customer support in the past, it'll take a huge amount of good will for them to earn my trust.

And before someone claims I'm being overly paranoid, then think about it this way. How has EA acted in regards to their online services in the past? Are they likely to change? Yeah. I don't particularly want to trust them with hundreds of dollars worth of purchases anytime soon.

Pretty much what Renz said. Additionally, it's also a growing hassle to manage different accounts with different services (Steam, Origin, D2D, GoG etc.) just to play my games. Right now it isn't too bad, but imagine if we have like 10-20 of those outlets in the future. Yes, creating a spreadsheet just to keep track of which of my accounts has which game is my lazy threshold.

Thing What Kicks
    The other thing to keep in mind with Origin is that EA have a nasty track record of decommissioning servers for old games when a new one in the series is due out. I can only see that getting worse with Origin.

At least it isn't this. Changed hardware 3 times? Welp, time to buy a new game! Want to download it again after a month? That will be $7 please.

I can't wait until Ubisoft dies.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast