TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 - Mark Meer will continue to be rubbish

Yeah, Kaiden is also a grade A knob-jockey but I still dislike Ashley more. Hopefully we'll get the chance to put the survivor in the Airlock and have a Senior Moment.

Agreed, but it would be even better to throw Jack out the airlock.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Okay, I'll bite. Why do you hate Jack?

Sorry for the (slightly) off topic, but I don't want to start a new thread for this. What happened is that this Origin thing really surprised me today. Background: I have Dead Space 2 installed on my PC (the GamersGate version). So just today I start up Origin to play some ME3 demo, and what do I see? Dead Space 2 on my game list. Same "cd-key" as the GG one. Seriously what the actual fuck? Who the hell gave this program permission to do that? I'm not really pissed off though, because I wanted to add it to my acc sooner or later, but this is still ridiculous. I guess it happened because within DS2 I logged in with my EA account so it kinda knew already that I have DS2, but still - better be careful with this thing. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

EDIT: ...or is this old news? I was honestly surprised that it adds EA games to your Origin acc, though since it's the same as the EA acc ... hell I'm confused. Still, scared the hell out of me.

Chakat sex pillow
    Yeah, it's a recent thing. Any EA game where you've registered the CD key to your EA account in-game now shows up in your Origin library. Just happened to me with Spore, which I didn't even remember I'd purchased four years ago.

It's not terribly worrying AFAIC because, hell, these games were already linked to the same EA account, and now it's consolidated under your Origin shelf. I find it's actually more convenient than having to dig around for your copy to register it.

Is this recent as "Like, this morning"? Because I'm not seeing Dragon Age 1/2 or ME2 in my Origin list.

Chakat sex pillow
    Recent as in yesterday, which was when I noticed it. As long as you've got all those games registered under the same Origin/EA account, they ought to show up. Perhaps accounts are being gradually updated in a segment-wise or phased manner; or maybe your account was plain ignored. As ze French say, je ne sais pas.

I really like how they've made it where the less firepower you go into combat with (and therefore the less weight on your back), the faster your powers recharge as a result. I hadn't really enjoyed playing the Engineer or Adept classes until now. And the Vanguard, with just the shotgun equipped and spec'd for recharge reduction in all his powers, can pretty much live forever just bouncing around the battlefield crashing into people.

This will definitely be purchased at release. Can't wait.

Yeah, I'm quite fond of that myself. It does need some balancing though - as it stands, the carnifex is obscene, and makes carrying a sniper rifle nearly pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatose View Post
    Is this recent as "Like, this morning"? Because I'm not seeing Dragon Age 1/2 or ME2 in my Origin list.
    Mine weren't there, but Origin happily accepted my serials for them.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Trailer featuring the only good incarnation of Shepard.
    I'm actually impressed by how many cliches they managed to pack into a minute and a half. All of them played straight, no less.

So, EDI actually is going to get a body and be a combat teammate, as she has combat chatter embedded in the demo files. Dear god, let those 'sex bot' rumors be massive exaggerations.

Plus, $10 day 1 DLC of a Prothean squad member with a Jamaican accent. Yes, Bioware actually believes we'll spend another $10 on the Mass Effect expy of Jar-Jar Binks.

Maybe the multiplayer is fun because all the insane developers were working on the single player section.

Yeah, I was just linked this video and learned about it today. Maybe I won't buy it at release after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatose View Post
    So, EDI actually is going to get a body and be a combat teammate, as she has combat chatter embedded in the demo files. Dear god, let those 'sex bot' rumors be massive exaggerations.
    The idea of giving EDI a body is pretty cool. However...the fact that it's sleek and sexy is beyond stupid. They could have done any number of awesome designs there but instead they pander to the braindead "what does Tali's sweat taste like" crowd once again. I wouldn't be surprised if they made an AI make passes at Shepard at this point. Bioware is like a horse with a broken leg.

i bet it tastes like blueberries............

Quote Originally Posted by Ulukai View Post
    Why?

Make your character look like you or someone you know (of), empathise more with your character, have more fun.
    Because I spend so little time actually seeing my character it is just background noise. Even in 3rd person games. For example, I just fired up Gears 1 yesterday. I remember hearing everyone bitching about the character models' and how exaggerated and ridiculous they were. I never noticed it once, too busy looking at everything else. In fact, they one and only time I spent time looking at my avatar and admiring him was Thief 3 in 3rd person. Garrett just looks badass in that game. I am just too invested in the scenery and the rest of the game, that the MC falls by the wayside. And in 1st person games you never even see the fucker. A character in elder scrolls is never actually seen in-game if you stick to 1st person...it doesn't matter if he looks like Brian Peppers...

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    Because I spend so little time actually seeing my character it is just background noise.
    In an average TPS that may be understandable, but you have to skip every conversation in the ME games to make your character 'background noise'. Half the time you're looking at his/her face, while he/she is talking - no wonder many people spend time on customizing them.

Funny, that's how I always imagined Professor McGonagall looked like....

Looks kinda like Modigliani designed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they made an AI make passes at Shepard at this point.

Goddamnit Bioware.

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Okay, I'll bite. Why do you hate Jack?
    I actually wasn't intending that as a hook. I thought was fairly obvious. While it is the case that she is the way she is because of her past trauma, fact remains that Jack is a complete and utter bitch.

Yeah, and? A renegade Shepard is more or less a sociopath. Not to mention Zaeed, who is as shady as it gets. Or how about serial killing space vampire Morinth, if you replace Samara with her? Or Miranda, who's haughty and ruthless and nobody really likes her? Perhaps Thane, who's essentially a murderous Batman?

And, going back a bit, what about Ashley, who was an unpleasant little bigot who I left to die with the nuke first chance I got?

Seriously. Most of these characters aren't exactly saints, and a few of them are just unpleasant to talk to.

Those others are much more generally predictable, though.

Zaeed kills people for money, doesn't really care too much about it: and he's up front and honest about it. He's being paid to be there, he'll kill when you tell him to kill.

Morinth kills people because she likes it, is up front and honest about it, but is otherwise more or less a paletteswap of her mother. Plus she's not only optional, she's actually relatively tricky to acquire in the first place.

Thane kills people, is up front and honest about it, works for hilarious tentacle monsters, and has a moral code of sorts.

And so on. They all are at the very least relatable to on some level.

Jack is basically horrible to talk to no matter what you do. She hates the world for ignoring her, she hates the world when it pays attention to her, she's just generally an irredeemably fucked-in-the-head piece of work.
    This isn't her fault, necessarily, but she seems so reluctant to even acknowledge the fact that the universe might not all be douchebags that it gets to the point where even the most carebear players are tempted to just think "christ, fuck you, then. I tried." *selects jack for the tunnel run of the suicide mission*

Mind you, if they'd added the option for an interrupt (paragon or renegade, really) to just slap her and shout "grow the fuck UP, damnit", that might have helped.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast