TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Beginning of Era Karath-Din 26 Dec 2010

Clearinghouse

T2 FM: The Beginning of Era Karath-Din 26 Dec 2010

Download: The_Beginning_of_Era_Karath-Din_ENG.zip
    Author Zmey. Thanks to Winter Cat for translation into English.

Last edited by clearing; 28th Dec 2010 at 23:02. Reason: download link

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Thank you Zmey, clearing and Winter Cat!

Grrreat !

whoopee, a Christmas present for all us Taffers!. Thanks, Clearing - it looks great. I can't wait to get a better look. Just downloading now....

Thanks for making a dreech Boxing Day all better!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Thank you Zmey, clearing and Winter Cat!
    +1

Couldn't have come at a better time - I just replayed all the CTEC entries and now am fiddling with the Contest 5 fm's.

Unfortunately, I don't remember them until I'm 90% done!

Many thanks to all who made this new FM possible!

Looks great. Thanks. Could you put the date in the thread title so people know it's a new one?

Thanks everyone who was involved in translating this mission into english
    I've been looking forward to play and understand the mission for a long time.

Just FYI, there be boobehs in this one, just incase you got the childrens around.

And I'm stuck in a well.
    Last edited by ganac; 26th Dec 2010 at 17:29.

Quote Originally Posted by ganac View Post
    Just FYI, there be boobehs in this one, just incase you got the childrens around.
    I would rather be concerned about all the involved corpses and weapons, but not about some half-naked females if childrens are around

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    I would rather be concerned about all the involved corpses and weapons, but not about some half-naked females if childrens are around
    You don't have a problem with minor nudity, and neither do I. I just wanted to warn those who do care. A good thief player shouldn't have to use violence anyway.
    Last edited by ganac; 26th Dec 2010 at 18:44.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    Could you put the date in the thread title so people know it's a new one?
    Ok.

Oh, where are my manners? Thanks so much, Cleaing, for what I think is certainly one of the first missions ever about the Karath-Din society as a whole.

Thank You for this beautiful Christmas gift!

Downloading.

Stuck

I have 10,000 loot but none of the other objectives.

Where do I find the keys to open these doors?
    * The fourth screenshot of Clearing's post that started this thread - a room in a temple with a staircase in the middle, one door below, and multiple doors on either side of the second level - the door behind (or to the right of) the point of view of the camera.
    * The outside door to the big, really tall temple. You travel through a smaller temple door past all the dormitories, etc. to reach the view of the fourth screenshot of Clearing's post.

I have 11 keys and have been to both the King's area (the area where two guards out front ignore you while everyone inside attacks on sight) and the temple where these doors are that I can't open.

Thanks in advance! (I'm playing normal difficulty.)

- prjames

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out myself. In the king's bedroom, next to the bed, is a frobbable brick, that contains both the evidence and a golden key that opens the door to the main temple.
    Last edited by prjames; 29th Dec 2010 at 19:34. Reason: solved problem myself

I gave this one a go as well. A peculiar one, I must say. The colorful lights, the adequate Egyptian-esque architecture, things like that. Quite a potential. I didn't pay attention to the readables all that much (moody mood, what can I say), but I don't believe they held much of a story. Maybe they did tho and I'm an asshole.

Anyway I got stuck and am going in circles now. It's a toughie to describe, but I guess the farther progress in both geographical and objectives sense is the place where I met the requirement of the loot. May not sound too specific, but it was really just a purse that made my loot amount go form like 3k to like 11k, so I think people that know this FM 'oughta know what I'm talkin' about.

Anyway yeah, this mission is a peculiar one with some kinky contrasts.

Time to play

Yippieh!!!!!
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out myself. In the king's bedroom, next to the bed, is a frobbable brick, that contains both the evidence and a golden key that opens the door to the main temple.
    Naturally, this led me to the next problem. Two or three levels up, there's one more key I need. Or, I can jump out to a ledge at this level where I don't have a key to go up to the next level. Are there rope arrows anywhere in this mission? Or fire arrows or water arrows? (I tried using the lantern to light the two unlit sconces out on the ledge, it doesn't work.)

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured this out, also with some help from the thread published when this mission was Russian-only - search all threads for Karath-Din. From the fourth screenshot of Clearing's post starting this thread, go down stairs behind you to where there's a bunch of octoganal rooms in a row (with stairs going up from either end). Go through the octoganal rooms looking closely and you'll find a door to the room that's the third screenshot of Clearing's post starting this thread. In this room is a key. That is the key for the door right behind the view of the fourth screenshot. In there is a water-filled room containing a key. That key opens the lock in the wind god's mouth.

After I got the scepter,, it was a good day to have a slow-fall potion , although I still didn't like dodging the fire elementals without any water arrows, but I managed to complete the mission nonetheless.

Nice (and really LARGE) mission!

- prjames
    Last edited by prjames; 30th Dec 2010 at 13:11. Reason: Solved it

Need some Help !!!

where is the key to the room with all the colored wells in the post at the start of this this thread? any help appreciated............the geez

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    where is the key to the room with all the colored wells in the post at the start of this this thread? any help appreciated............the geez
    Key? I just checked again - this door is not locked (at least on Normal difficulty). If you're wondering where the door is - it's as stated above - once you get access to the temple areas, go to the small temple doors, go upstairs, walk past the medium size altar area, take either door on the right to a bunch of octagonal rooms - walk slowly between these rooms and look for an open space that leads to a door.

- prjames

I've been playing this FM for over 2 hours now and still have no idea where the sceptre is. I can't seem to find the rooms in the 3rd & 4th pictures of the original post of this thread, though I've run around the map countless number of times. Right now I'm outside of Lord Marionel's, having already looted the place and gotten the key and book.

Also, does the bird call have any real use in this FM?

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    I've been playing this FM for over 2 hours now and still have no idea where the sceptre is. I can't seem to find the rooms in the 3rd & 4th pictures of the original post of this thread, though I've run around the map countless number of times. Right now I'm outside of Lord Marionel's, having already looted the place and gotten the key and book.

Also, does the bird call have any real use in this FM?
    I am not aware of any use of the bird call.
    I don't quite recall where you pick up the things you found, but I assume you are outside the palace in the city, right ?
    As for the remaining questions: you are looking for a locked up portcully with a ramp leading upwards behind it.
    With the palace in your back (Lord Marionel's place ???), head to the left.
    After crossing the area with shops, there should be the gate on the left.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 10th Jan 2011 at 13:19.

Thanks gnartsch! I'm no longer going in circles. Onward .........

Am I missing something here?

I have completed all the goals except loot. On expert, I'm about 4000 (yes 4000 !) short.
    I'm sure I must have been everywhere to have completed everything else.
    Is there another high-loot area somewhere?
    Is there anything in the area with the tall obelisk, square buildings (tombs?) and blocked off pyramid entrance?

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Am I missing something here?

I have completed all the goals except loot. On expert, I'm about 4000 (yes 4000 !) short.
    I'm sure I must have been everywhere to have completed everything else.
    Is there another high-loot area somewhere?
    Is there anything in the area with the tall obelisk, square buildings (tombs?) and blocked off pyramid entrance?
    I think this is the place you missed:
    check screenshot 1 in the first post and proceed to the left upper corner and go through the tunnel.

Check the houses in that area carefully.

Ah yes Gnartsch, thanks, I'd forgotten about that hatch in the floor.
    I couldn't open it as I didn't find the key - unil I looked more carefully.

In screenshot 1, behind the square tower is another high place on top of a temple. I can see a patrolling archer up there, but can't find a way up.