TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

El Shagmeister
    IN THIS CORNER......EL BASTARDOOOOOO!!!!

The batwing? That is grade-A bullshit.

Catch your crappy quality TDK trailer link while it's hot and not-taken-down

Mix all of the above together and it's looking pretty clear what tone they're going for in this closing entry of the franchise.

Post-script: can you believe they're already talking about reboots when this one is done. Fuck me dead.

:/ Link is quite dead already.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Scots Taffer View Post
    Post-script: can you believe they're already talking about reboots when this one is done. Fuck me dead.
    Yes I can, and yes it's enraging.

of course. Hollywood's been out of ideas for some time now, if you hadn't noticed. Seems like just about every big budget film made nowadays is either a reboot, remake, or book adaptation.

Bane is gonna be awesome. Not so sure about Catwoman.

This movie should be good, but that bit with the exploding football field just looks dumb and way too over the top.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Scots Taffer View Post
    What the hell?

The sad thing is, we'll all see the reboot anyway, "just to compare".

I'm not really surprised. If I recall correctly, Nolan had long announced that the third movie would be his last in the series and I could easily imagine him having pushed to make it the last act of this rendition of the setting altogether and write the plot accordingly. On the other hand, what were the odds that Warner Brothers were just going to sit on the Batman franchise, even more so with how successful this last run's been? So yeah, as awkward as it might be for some of us consumers, a new take on it within a couple of years seems like the sensible money decision for them, at least for one go if it ends up falling on its face.

El Shagmeister

So if the reboot happens, can we -finally- get Mark Hamill to play the Joker?, or voice him at least

Also, football field scene does look a bit too cgi-over the top, but the rest was aces.

Knows his stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    that bit with the exploding football field just looks dumb and way too over the top.
    What I don't like about it is that the guy runs like hell at first and then just sort of slows down and casually turns around at the end even as the ground is caving in mere feet from him. The performance of the actor and the cgi isn't really matching up in a convincing way and instead of reshooting the scene they just decided to go with it. That's kind of lazy, and really not what I expect from a Nolan movie. Other than that one scene, yeah, this looks alright, though it's not getting me excited like the Dark Knight trailer did.

is Best Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    So if the reboot happens, can we -finally- get Mark Hamill to play the Joker?, or voice him at least
    Sadly, I understand that Hamill has stated that Arkham City is to be his last ever job voicing the Joker.

Anyway, as a supervillain, he'll never top Cock-Knocker for my money.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    What I don't like about it is that the guy runs like hell at first and then just sort of slows down and casually turns around at the end even as the ground is caving in mere feet from him.
    I think he was running for the endzone, too focused on scoring to realize the field was falling apart until he reached his goal and started the dawning realization that all that noise wasn't applause.

Still Subjective
    I thought that was pretty clear. Anyone who didn't get that shouldn't be watching films at all.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

Knows his stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    I think he was running for the endzone, too focused on scoring to realize the field was falling apart until he reached his goal and started the dawning realization that all that noise wasn't applause.
    Ah. I watched it again and yeah, it does kinda look like that's what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    Anyone who didn't get that shouldn't be watching films at all.
    ok I'll stop watching movies bye

Still Subjective
    yes, make it so

It may have been the quality of the first leaked vids but if you watch the good quality one N'Al posted it's pretty clear that he runs to a touchdown without realising what is going and then turns around.

+1 for the snippet of the music from the other films in the trailer. It's a great piece of orchestrated drama.

El Shagmeister
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Sadly, I understand that Hamill has stated that Arkham City is to be his last ever job voicing the Joker.
    You sure?

Surely there's going to be a 3rd Arkham game, and even if he makes a brief appereance at the end of that game, the Joker -will- return to life (old comic book principle, no heavyweight character stays dead for long...Hell, even middle or lghtweights get their 2nd chance).

Hope you read wrong, boyo.

is Best Pony
    Sorry brony - "This will be my last, there's no question about that. But it's the last hurrah."

Though he did say he'd do the Joker if they ever adapted The Killing Joke.

El Shagmeister

*Shoots you in the face, twice. Then shoots himself in the head*

You don't want to fuss too hard about silly things like vanishing astroturf. They might look naturalistic and gritty but plenty of absurd comic book things happen in these movies.

I'm not going to watch another reboot, in fact I was done with Nolan's version after seeing the Dark Knight. That film took itself way too serious and shoehorned in some sort of social comment about terrorism that was enough to give it a relevant sheen but blunted enough not to offend anyone.
    I once saw Tim Burton's films, which were entertaining, and that's quite enough Batman for me. After all this is a simplistic comic book story. It doesn't need a dozen takes to get it right. Much less do I want to support the cynical calculative attitude that spurns these films.