TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 51566166717681869196979899100101
Results 2,501 to 2,515 of 2515

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Zombified
    I would be very surprised seeing that resolution work on any card, as some stuff is hardcoded for 640*480, so you can consider it a small miracle if it actually works on certain hardware.

anyway, running windowed is usually enough to get weird resolutions going, if they fail in fullscreen (also probably very dependent on your gpu and drivers).

Why Constantine uses different route in Maw of Chaos compared to original game?

Zombified
    waypoints work slightly differently in NewDark. unless he's getting stuck or something like that, I would not consider this a problem.

Started making my way through T2X. Also found out that I cannot upload saves of the same name - they just rewrite each other, so no worries there

Zombified
    you mean to gdrive? yeah, it works that way. just add dates to the saves (game0000_21sept2017.sav) and you're good.

In the Mage Towers, you start with constantine's sword, the blackjack and 1 rope arrow. However, none of those show up in the 'starting gear' section on the pre-mission purchase screen.

It's not really a bug, but in T2X Question of Knowledge, the ambient in the chapel (Ctestf) has a very low radius. While roaming around the chapel both on 1st and 2nd floor, it cuts off all the time and then starts again. Is this something worth fixing?

Zombified
    as always, no harm in logging it.
    Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    In the Mage Towers, you start with constantine's sword, the blackjack and 1 rope arrow. However, none of those show up in the 'starting gear' section on the pre-mission purchase screen.
    aware of this, the consensus was "whatever".

Done. Didn't include a save though, this one should be easy to locate.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Without any tweaking, all gear should be visible. If LGS removed it, they probably had a reason, and I have a guess what it is. If you have too much starting gear (lockpicks, sword, blackjack, compass, and different kinds of arrows), it might not fit onto the loadout screen. The decision to make some gear invisible might have been redundant for this specific mission though, but it is usually for the better.

Logging this into the tracker with the reference to this post.

In "Ill Repute," the mechanist drill loot piece seems to have a stack count property. If you pick it up, it will not only display your loot but also how many drills you have.

However, this only happens if the drill is the first loot piece you take. If you take any other loot first, this won't happen.
    Last edited by marbleman; 23rd Sep 2017 at 14:27.

Zombified
    the engine handles the first piece of loot in special ways, so it's most likely "working as (un)intended" - unless it's causing issues of some sort.

Apart from counting the number of drills you have, it does not introduce other issues, no. But I report everything I see

By the way, I have finished my T2X bug-searching run, so all the major issues should now be logged.
    Last edited by marbleman; 24th Sep 2017 at 10:59.

Also playing T2X (Necro version). Not sure if these are even bugs but the seated guests in the hotel level stay seated after they spot you, crying out in alarm. Shouldn't they be running around or something.

Some of the fire-archers in that level also seem to get spooked and enter flee mode the moment they fire an arrow.

There are several locked, unpickable doors, that can be bashed open. I can't remember any doors like this in T1/T2 so wonder if this is an oversight? You were meant to find the key, and that is why they are unpickable, but someone forgot to switch off the bash ability? Or maybe something in the NewDark port broke this? Or maybe it is just meant to be like that and if you are happy with the noise bash away.

The zombies do do not react to being hit on the back. If this is not enough to drop them they'll react to the hit but then carry on walking unalerted as if nothing has happened.

Also seen a lot of frozen standing zombies. I think it is something to do with backslashing them until they drop, but for some reason they later stand?

Lastly, are there any Mechanists in the game? In Necro they are all red Hammerits, even the females, even in the places where they are using robots. Makes me wonder whether the Necro patch is re-skinning them all into Hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    Some of the fire-archers in that level also seem to get spooked and enter flee mode the moment they fire an arrow.
    This is intentional. Those hotel guards are wielding single-shot pistols. Once they've fired their one shot, they have no way to attack you, so they go looking for backup.

Lastly, are there any Mechanists in the game? In Necro they are all red Hammerits, even the females, even in the places where they are using robots. Makes me wonder whether the Necro patch is re-skinning them all into Hammers.
    Also intentional. IIRC, the Mechanists had only recently split off from the Hammerites during the time of T2X, so they hadn't changed their color scheme yet. For reference, the Mechanists run the train station in Shadowing the Enemy and can be spotted in Sunnyport's sewers during The Art of Deception.

Thanks, the first point makes sense. But the end mission of T2X occurs halfway through T2's timeline. Or maybe there were blue mechanists and red mechanists at the same time, the latter taking longer to change uniform and stop talking about hammers.

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 51566166717681869196979899100101