TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 51566166717681869196979899100101102 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2540

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Something wrong with my Thief DP installation or not? I mean that I played mission Undercover, then I grabbed only one talisman and my objective was completed. Original game needs two talismans and game patched with TFix needs only one talisman.
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 26th Sep 2017 at 06:54.

In Cragscleft in shop is possible to see 3 speed potions on normal and hard difficulty, and 2 speed potions on expert difficulty. 1 speed potion from shop should be deleted from difficulties normal and hard if I can't buy it because of missing loot from previous mission? Infinite money glitch in Thief 1 should be fixed if possible?

Maybe the fence keeps an extra potion in stock in case the next customer wants one.

Zombified
    don't really care about the exploit shop stuff - as always, don't exploit and things will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    Something wrong with my Thief DP installation or not? I mean that I played mission Undercover, then I grabbed only one talisman and my objective was completed. Original game needs two talismans and game patched with TFix needs only one talisman.
    yes, this is a side effect of TG running TDP in T2 engine (because that's what's happening when you patch the original game with TFix). not having to grab them both should not cause any issue though.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 26th Sep 2017 at 10:43.

Two turbines not turning in factory with lots of noise in there.
    Uploaded file in bugtracker just now.
    At least for me, could you please put down the text needed for my miss5.mis.dml as you have done before?

Quick question: Where would I go to edit/remove the light gem textures?

Hey, Voodoo47, when can we expect a new version of TFix given the fact that we have a backlog of issues reported and at the same celebrate Thief Goldīs come of age next 26th October?
    By then we would have a nearly bug-free game.

Zombified
    tomorrow, most likely, but just the quick and easy things, I really need to tend to all the SS2 stuff now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    Thief Goldīs come of age next 26th October?
    By then we would have a nearly bug-free game.
    yeah haha. anyway, 1.25c is up.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 14th Oct 2017 at 16:21.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    tomorrow, most likely, but just the quick and easy things, I really need to tend to all the SS2 stuff now.

yeah haha. anyway, 1.25c is up.
    Great job as always!
    Thank you very much.

I'm trying to enable windowed mode without success. In file cam_ext.cfg I deleted semicolon from line force_windowed and I have message - Your video hardware is not supported or no supported video mode was found, how to fix it?

Zombified
    being able to set a resolution is very dependent on your graphics hardware and its drivers. if a resolution/mode doesn't work, try a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    being able to set a resolution is very dependent on your graphics hardware and its drivers. if a resolution/mode doesn't work, try a different one.
    But he is trying to run Thief in windowed mode, which should not set any new mode, but just create a window on the desktop. I am very puzzled by that message in this situation.

Zombified
    knowing him, he is probably trying something completely bonkers like forcing a 480*640 (yeah, flipping X and Y) resolution or similar - last time it was "if I disable my audio card in device manager, Thief crashes". and as always, all I can say to that is "don't do it then".

Uploaded to tracker from two missions in one file, sorry about that.
    Hope it wonīt take long to fix the new bunch.
    We should be near the end, shouldnīt we?

Checked again, not sure about texture in Cragscleft because Iīm using a quite different one of my own.
    But the texture in Return to the Cathedral is defintely one to be changed.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    We should be near the end, shouldn't we?
    there is no such thing as perfection in this world - pretty sure we'll still be here when Thief turns 30.

How long do you plan on going with TFix, voodoo? Do you get tired of updating this fix after so many times? Or your passion for Thief still keeps you strong?

Zombified
    until I'm dead or until somebody better is found.

Are you so old? Are you from year 1947?

Zombified
    it's not that bad, but I'm old enough to (just barely, but still) remember soviet propaganda. fun times, but hey, ice cream was cheap.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    if you just barely remember the 1980s, you're not old. I just barely remember Watergate.

Zombified
    well yeah, I'm aware that there definitely are older users roaming around TTLG (pretty sure I've seen someone mentioning playing games with theirs grandkids), but still, kids of my old schoolmates are finishing college, and I'm sitting here, fixing up games that are older than they are - makes ya feel old whether you want or not.

The second floor of the air tower has serious lighting problems, at least for me. It's the first room with the floating lifts, where two mages are patrolling between the lower floor and a surrounding walkway. The entire room seems dark, but occasionally the upper walkway lights up, then suddenly goes dark again. Also, if I quicksave on the upper walkway with a dark lightgem, upon a reload my lightgem is red, although the room is lit the same way as before. This has happened on three separate occasions for me, even after complete mission restarts. Can anyone confirm/deny similar experiences? Didn't know how to enter it into the bugtracker, and quite honestly, if it isn't only on my end, I'm surprised it hasn't been caught already.

Zombified
    censers in that room are set to destroy themselves for whatever reason (orig), producing the weirdness when the player enters. I believe this is an oversight of some sort, so FIX.

add the following to your miss16.mis.dml;
    Code:
    -ObjProp 789 "CfgTweqModels"
    -ObjProp 792 "CfgTweqModels"
    -ObjProp 1917 "CfgTweqModels"
    -ObjProp 1888 "CfgTweqModels"
    restart the level and see what happens.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 24th Oct 2017 at 10:02.

Didn't get to try the fix yet. On the same mission, the main entry doors to the earth, air and fire towers disappear when opening the second time when getting back down from the top. The water tower door doesn't behave that way, so I figured it's got something do to with the locking mechanism attached to it.

Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 51566166717681869196979899100101102 LastLast