TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 86 of 99 FirstFirst ... 364146515661667176818283848586878889909196 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2462

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

First bug is - this arrow is without adhesion - file name is "do reportu na chomikuj i ttlg - Thief Gold NewDark - rope shot bug - in this savegame the player must click lean to left and shot the arrows (moving the mouse is prohibited).7z"

Second bug is - stupid ratmans - file name is "Strange Bedfellows - saves with ratmans.7z"

Third bug is - here are two locations with textures - file name is "Thief Gold - resolution texture saves.7z"

Fourth bug is - "sky" window - file name is "Thief Gold - Assassins ''sky'' window.7z"

Possible to download from my Chomikuj channel, link is - http://chomikuj.pl/Xmodule999

or from Sendspace - https://www.sendspace.com/file/uq58dy

Zombified
    aww, and here I thought I won't be getting any xmas presents this year. anyway, youtube videos for the first two issues would be nice.

I'll also have a look at that lighting in Cragscleft, though just for the record, it does look much more proper on the second (TFix) picture (the torch in the background included).

I'm somehow completely lost here... wasn't it possible in Thief Gold to map a "toggle run" key like in Thief 2? I know i was able to toggle run in Thief Gold, but now, it doesn't seem to be working anymore... wasn't there an option similar to "Use Thief 2 controls" in Thief Gold, after applying the TFix? Sorry for the probably stupid question, but i haven't booted up Thief Gold for quite a while now...

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    I'll also have a look at that lighting in Cragscleft, though just for the record, it does look much more proper on the second (TFix) picture (the torch in the background included).
    I totally agree with you regarding the look of the torch. I wasn't thinking of that area at all though. I'm talking about the area I'm standing in and the corner directly behind me and to the right. The difference in the light gem says it all really. I don't think that torch has anything to do with it. Constructive criticism is all, as I appreciate all the work you've done with TFix. But I know you also strive to replicate the conditions of the original game (within reason).

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Could that be the difference between 16bit and 32bit lighting? I don't know if it can actually affect the radius, though, as it appears is the case there.

Zombified
    pretty sure that's not the case - on both pictures, you are running an oldDark map under NewDark (remember, a TFixed install will still work fine under win95 in software mode, minus the mods). had a quick look at the area in the editor, and it's visibly darker on the vanilla map. no idea why, yet - the props on lights are all ok.

Just wanted to bump my question from yesterday: Is it possible to use Thief 2 controls in Thief Gold? I was sure i was able to run with the Shift key. Now, when i have mapped it to "speed toggle", it just toggles between walking and creeping, and i'm not able to run at all.

Zombified
    without checking, I think the answer is "yes, but you need to either map things manually by editing the proper bnd file, or import a full T2 bnd file".

Wasn't there a in-game option to use Thief 2 controls, or similar, after applying TFix? I could have sworn there was one... I feel pretty stupid now, but i really forgot, after a year or so of not playing it. I surely didn't map a key to run forwards though, i'm sure i was able to run with Shift + WASD.

Zombified
    try loading the Thief Classic control set and see whether that's what you want.

That's it! Thanks for that. All works as it used to now.

pretty sure that's not the case - on both pictures, you are running an oldDark map under NewDark (remember, a TFixed install will still work fine under win95 in software mode, minus the mods). had a quick look at the area in the editor, and it's visibly darker on the vanilla map. no idea why, yet - the props on lights are all ok.
    I can confirm both pictures are in NewDark, the only difference is TFix or vanilla.

Furthermore in Cragscleft, cell block 3, the prisoner in cell 3 (Latton) is positioned much closer to the cell door, so much that the patrolling guard gives a first alert every time he passes. In the original version he was stationed in the middle of the cell and did not trigger such an alert.

Last edited by klatremus; 25th Dec 2016 at 19:33.

you mean those neckless things that were patched out by LGS themselves some months later? there is no option to do this when patching up (as mentioned a couple of times before, there will never be an option to re-enable broken things), but you can manually delete mesh.crf from the PATCHES folder, that will maybe do what you want - but don't come back here complaining if doing that breaks something else.

you mess with the files manually, you are on your own.
    I've just reinstalled thief 1 and applied the latest tfix, this time the trick didn't work... Gold meshes again... How can I definitively get rid of this?

Zombified
    nothing has changed as far as paths and replacement resources are concerned.

it means that the trouble it's inside the new executive itself....b I'll see if I can fix it with DDFix, as you suggested... or I could try a previous version od TFix, the one that worked...

------

none of two solved the problem sadness
    Last edited by Linda; 1st Jan 2017 at 14:52.

Zombified
    I didn't suggest using ddfix - pretty sure that's not going to help you, as the old exe loads the contents of the (old)patches folder as well. not going to comment on the executable having the models built in, it's ridiculous enough just like that.

anyway, you clearly don't look like you want what TFix has to offer, so why bother using it at all? GOG has all the basic stuff you seem to crave, and you can even apply the GOG patch/TFix lite to the steam or cd version.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 2nd Jan 2017 at 04:45.

This exactly looks like the TFix lite and acts the same... Found the solution: install the TFix Lite, open with a text editor the file cam_ext.cfg, edit the line like this:

; extended config (currently loaded prior to cam.cfg)
    ;
    ; contains defaults to enable enhancements and other settings to run nicely on modern systems
    ; (remove/rename file to go old school)
    dark1
    character_detail 0
    the default character_detail is 1, just turn it to 0. The one who made the patch has clumsy removed the default Thief 1 option "Characters detail: Low/High" on the video menu

Last edited by Linda; 2nd Jan 2017 at 02:47.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    That's not clumsy. New Dark is T2 and you happen to be able to play T1 through it, but it still has the T2 menus.

Zombified
    also, I don't think that one more person that would deliberately want the lowpoly version of the original lowpoly models would exist on this planet, but hey, whatever rows your boat.

What a bunch of weirdos you get to meet by being an unofficial patch modder, eh? I guess I'm one of them with my specific requests. Though I've finally settled with a fresh GOG install + full Tfix + .ini graphics tweaks + ATI graphics panel graphics tweaks = very good looking game even with no texture packs on a good display.

Zombified
    pretty sure the currently available selection of patches can accommodate anyone - as we've just seen a couple of posts above, it's only a matter of defining and selecting what you want.

Strange lava in mission "The Lost City", photo is - http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/1c23aefa5e5fbe2c, save is - https://www.sendspace.com/file/jieqtt

Trap in mission "The Lost City" in "Burrick place", photo is - http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/cb9126c89607114b, save is the same link.

I reported this first and this second some months ago. This time with saves. About this second (I mean right side of this picture) there is a trap as brush, is possible to shrink this brush for prevent player's presence or expand this brush for easy access? Eventually add one grating to prevent player's presence? From what I know this is the only place this type in Thief 1 whereof the player can't escape. For example, from abyss in Bonehoard with old engine the player can escape by some way. No matter which engine is active - the player after jumping to this side of this building in The Lost City can't escape .

I installed Thief Enhancement Pack by Nameless Voice and speedpotion's bottom looks fine - now there is no irritating blink while moving the mouse, is possible to fix it with TFix? I mean space saving and convenience, because pack's size from Nameless Voice is big.

Black texture in mission "The Haunted Cathedral", photo is - http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/6afd3554fa2ee9da, save is - https://www.sendspace.com/file/02objr

Two "arrow" traps in mission "The Haunted Cathedral" are not working, should be fixed? Photo is - http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/c765d535a1224b79, save is the same link.
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 6th Jan 2017 at 05:52.

Zombified
    I'm having a hard time seeing anything on those screenshots, higher resolutions and perhaps circling the problem in red would certainly help (or make youtube videos, you've got plenty of experience with that). got all the saves so I will have a thorough look at that later. anyway, I think it's time for me to create a TFix bug tracking google doc - things need to get slightly more.. organized.

quick comments:
    -no idea what's up with that bit of lava, but as you are not really supposed to be getting into that place, it doesn't bother me too much.
    -you can get stuck at places if you are creative enough. there is no sane way of preventing that from happening - quicksave is your friend.
    -yep, the traps don't work, no idea why yet, but definitely something that should be fixed.
    -what is supposed to be going on with the ratmen?

I know it was mentioned earlier but I think that the issue of having to go back your home turf at the end of the Mission:Assassins on expert is a bug.I have this feeling because I have played through the game several times and on my first two which were before used DDfix because it was before TFix using my old Masteronic copy of the trilogy and I never had this problem before.Each of my play-throughs have been on Expert.I have only encountered this issue on my playthroughs with Tfix.Other than that I haven't run into any bugs with the patch,or if I did they were so minor I didn't notice them.Love the patch by the way.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrebo6 View Post
    I know it was mentioned earlier but I think that the issue of having to go back your home turf at the end of the Mission:Assassins on expert is a bug.
    No, it's not a bug.
    If you've sounded the alarm or a body has been found by this time, your objectives will change and you need to go home.

Page 86 of 99 FirstFirst ... 364146515661667176818283848586878889909196 ... LastLast