TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 86 of 102 FirstFirst ... 364146515661667176818283848586878889909196101 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2540

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

it means that the trouble it's inside the new executive itself....b I'll see if I can fix it with DDFix, as you suggested... or I could try a previous version od TFix, the one that worked...

------

none of two solved the problem sadness
    Last edited by Linda; 1st Jan 2017 at 15:52.

Zombified
    I didn't suggest using ddfix - pretty sure that's not going to help you, as the old exe loads the contents of the (old)patches folder as well. not going to comment on the executable having the models built in, it's ridiculous enough just like that.

anyway, you clearly don't look like you want what TFix has to offer, so why bother using it at all? GOG has all the basic stuff you seem to crave, and you can even apply the GOG patch/TFix lite to the steam or cd version.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 2nd Jan 2017 at 05:45.

This exactly looks like the TFix lite and acts the same... Found the solution: install the TFix Lite, open with a text editor the file cam_ext.cfg, edit the line like this:

; extended config (currently loaded prior to cam.cfg)
    ;
    ; contains defaults to enable enhancements and other settings to run nicely on modern systems
    ; (remove/rename file to go old school)
    dark1
    character_detail 0
    the default character_detail is 1, just turn it to 0. The one who made the patch has clumsy removed the default Thief 1 option "Characters detail: Low/High" on the video menu

Last edited by Linda; 2nd Jan 2017 at 03:47.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    That's not clumsy. New Dark is T2 and you happen to be able to play T1 through it, but it still has the T2 menus.

Zombified
    also, I don't think that one more person that would deliberately want the lowpoly version of the original lowpoly models would exist on this planet, but hey, whatever rows your boat.

What a bunch of weirdos you get to meet by being an unofficial patch modder, eh? I guess I'm one of them with my specific requests. Though I've finally settled with a fresh GOG install + full Tfix + .ini graphics tweaks + ATI graphics panel graphics tweaks = very good looking game even with no texture packs on a good display.

Zombified
    pretty sure the currently available selection of patches can accommodate anyone - as we've just seen a couple of posts above, it's only a matter of defining and selecting what you want.

Strange lava in mission "The Lost City", photo is - http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/1c23aefa5e5fbe2c, save is - https://www.sendspace.com/file/jieqtt

Trap in mission "The Lost City" in "Burrick place", photo is - http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/cb9126c89607114b, save is the same link.

I reported this first and this second some months ago. This time with saves. About this second (I mean right side of this picture) there is a trap as brush, is possible to shrink this brush for prevent player's presence or expand this brush for easy access? Eventually add one grating to prevent player's presence? From what I know this is the only place this type in Thief 1 whereof the player can't escape. For example, from abyss in Bonehoard with old engine the player can escape by some way. No matter which engine is active - the player after jumping to this side of this building in The Lost City can't escape .

I installed Thief Enhancement Pack by Nameless Voice and speedpotion's bottom looks fine - now there is no irritating blink while moving the mouse, is possible to fix it with TFix? I mean space saving and convenience, because pack's size from Nameless Voice is big.

Black texture in mission "The Haunted Cathedral", photo is - http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/6afd3554fa2ee9da, save is - https://www.sendspace.com/file/02objr

Two "arrow" traps in mission "The Haunted Cathedral" are not working, should be fixed? Photo is - http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/c765d535a1224b79, save is the same link.
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 6th Jan 2017 at 06:52.

Zombified
    I'm having a hard time seeing anything on those screenshots, higher resolutions and perhaps circling the problem in red would certainly help (or make youtube videos, you've got plenty of experience with that). got all the saves so I will have a thorough look at that later. anyway, I think it's time for me to create a TFix bug tracking google doc - things need to get slightly more.. organized.

quick comments:
    -no idea what's up with that bit of lava, but as you are not really supposed to be getting into that place, it doesn't bother me too much.
    -you can get stuck at places if you are creative enough. there is no sane way of preventing that from happening - quicksave is your friend.
    -yep, the traps don't work, no idea why yet, but definitely something that should be fixed.
    -what is supposed to be going on with the ratmen?

I know it was mentioned earlier but I think that the issue of having to go back your home turf at the end of the Mission:Assassins on expert is a bug.I have this feeling because I have played through the game several times and on my first two which were before used DDfix because it was before TFix using my old Masteronic copy of the trilogy and I never had this problem before.Each of my play-throughs have been on Expert.I have only encountered this issue on my playthroughs with Tfix.Other than that I haven't run into any bugs with the patch,or if I did they were so minor I didn't notice them.Love the patch by the way.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrebo6 View Post
    I know it was mentioned earlier but I think that the issue of having to go back your home turf at the end of the Mission:Assassins on expert is a bug.
    No, it's not a bug.
    If you've sounded the alarm or a body has been found by this time, your objectives will change and you need to go home.

It's not a bug, that's how it's supposed to be. That objective only appears when the alarm is rung on hard/expert. Pretty certain it doesn't happen on normal. I doubt the Mastertronic version omitted that objective.

EDIT: Garrett'd!

Zombified
    ah, good to know - one less thing to investigate for the next build.

ZylonBane
    That would be one heck of a "bug" having the game spontaneously generate a new objective!

Zombified
    quests/objectives firing in a slightly odd manner is not unheard of.

I know the objective is triggered by the alarm.What I am saying the bug is,is that the objective triggers ever single time even without the the alarm going off.I played through the game at least twice on DDfix install and never had to do had that objective trigger on expert.But it occurs every time since using TFix.I don't recall setting of the alarm,I don't know if this is due to a bug or someone in the manor being hyper sensitive.But it never happened before.Has anyone done Assassins on Expert with TFix and not triggered this objective?Preferably people who don't Ghost or Supreme because that will mess with the results.

It's not just the alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    ...or a body has been found...
    So don't leave a trail of bodies in the house
    I just replayed Assassins with Tfix/ND 1.24 and the objective to leave the mansion never changed. I blackjacked many guards.
    Here's the savegame at the end of the mission.
    http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/x2FRxUUp/file.html
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 13th Jan 2017 at 06:23.

That's weird cause I always make sure to hide anyone I knock out,I'll have to go through the mission again to see if I can get the objective not to trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    -what is supposed to be going on with the ratmen?
    On my computer these two ratmans are not interested to kill me and it should be fixed if possible.

Need help here, folks

I had not wrote here a post in years, but now I need help in order to run Thief Gold (and I suspect that Thief TMA have the same bug.

I have both a a GOG and a Steam copy of the first two games (Gold and TMA). Never had a Thief issue in years. Recently I installed Thief Gold, both Steam and GOG versions, tried to re-apply TFix 1.23, but the game still shows the same bug: in addition to a bug in the intro video (when I press ESC to skip it), it keeps minimizing itself to desktop when I click whatever option I choose (save, load, options), making impossible to run the game.

Only tried to run the game as an administrator and fix the DPI problem (my monitor/TV res is 4k). The rest of my specs: GeForce GTX 1070, Sound Blaster Z, 16GB RAM, Digabyte MB, Intel i7 3440 processor.

Thanks in advance

Anyone have a clue what's going on?
    Last edited by Kyle2k; 23rd Jan 2017 at 17:17. Reason: Additional info

Zombified
    any custom mouse software running in the background?

Do you run Thief in windowed mode? There's a line in cam_ext.cfg (force_windowed) If yes you need to run Thief in 4k/Desktop resolution.

Zombified
    TFix should autodetect and set the native resolution, but it might be failing because of it being 4k (max I've tested was 3240*1200) - check your cam.cfg and see what does the game_screen_size line say. if you don't see your native resolution there, try changing it to whatever the resolution is (game_screen_size 4096 2160, most likely). you may have to set a custom resolution in cam_ext.cfg as well, try adding user_mode1 4096 2160 (or whatever your native resolution is) to any empty line if setting it normally in cam.cfg fails. running in windowed mode, setting the native resolution, then exiting and disabling windowed again could also help.

also, any details on that intro issue?

for the record, I would be surprised if the steam version worked at all (DDFixed vanilla exe), GOG should be ok as it uses NewDark/TFix lite. after full TFix patching, both builds should work the same.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 24th Jan 2017 at 08:19.

Nope, my friend

None, my friend, using only Windows native drivers.

Page 86 of 102 FirstFirst ... 364146515661667176818283848586878889909196101 ... LastLast